Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My earlier point was that he doesnt play them cos he thinks they are great players but that they are the best options available to him at that point.

As an example, when Sissoko played, Ndombele couldnt last for 90 mins even in an advanced role. As Tanguy's fitnesss and defensive efforts improved, he has been moved deeper and allowed us to minimize playing winks or Sissoko.

But feel free to imagine an alternate reality that will help soothe the pain you are feeling from the team winning.

What pain from the team winning?

I have said all along I hope we win and have wanted them to play like this all season, I am over the moon they won and played an attacking style, it is what I have been very vocal about wanting all year.

Remember unlike you I am a supporter of the club so I want what is best.

Jose repeatedly has said how awesome Dier is, how awesome his attitude is, how much he wanted him before he came to Spurs. For apologists now to pretend that he didn't want him and only picked because he had to is laughable.

Jose repeatedly cries about the mistakes that happen when teams have the ball, repeatedly calls out guys that make mistakes that he pretends leads to goals, he wants "safe" lugs like Sissoko who don't keep possession, who don't try to create and don't make passes that lead to goals either way.

There is no alternate reality, the reality was Jose set us up in a low block and used Sissoko because he felt we needed his added defensive presence in the team. Ndombele's fitness was an excuse used by his apologists but it doesn't change the fact that Sissoko was in Jose's preferred line-up because wanted him in there and to fill a role Jose wanted in the team. Ndombele could have been able to play 1000 minutes and Jose would have still had Sissoko in the starting 11.

This is always the dumbest defense of any manager/coach/player on a message board, if we can't criticize people in the game because of their supposed superior knowledge message boards would be a pretty quiet place.

It is also laughable that you continue to ignore the clear fact that Jose wanted to play a style that did not include a player like Bale and instead pretend like the only way he could have kept him out was due to fitness not tactical reasons.
It is fitness! - cos if Bale was in better shape, he would be 10x the likes of Moura/Lamela/Bergwijn on both ends of the ball.

The main difference between Son and whoever plays on the right side is that Son is expected to be more of a scorer, while the RW is expected to be more of a creator. Both are expected to track back when we lose the ball.

I have said all along I hope we win and have wanted them to play like this all season, I am over the moon they won and played an attacking style, it is what I have been very vocal about wanting all year.

Jose repeatedly has said how awesome Dier is, how awesome his attitude is, how much he wanted him before he came to Spurs. For apologists now to pretend that he didn't want him and only picked because he had to is laughable.

Jose repeatedly cries about the mistakes that happen when teams have the ball, repeatedly calls out guys that make mistakes that he pretends leads to goals, he wants "safe" lugs like Sissoko who don't keep possession, who don't try to create and don't make passes that lead to goals either way.

There is no alternate reality, the reality was Jose set us up in a low block and used Sissoko because he felt we needed his added defensive presence in the team. Ndombele's fitness was an excuse used by his apologists but it doesn't change the fact that Sissoko was in Jose's preferred line-up because wanted him in there and to fill a role Jose wanted in the team. Ndombele could have been able to play 1000 minutes and Jose would have still had Sissoko in the starting 11.
Glad you have found a way to deal with your pain.

Mourinho is not out of the woods yet. However he appears to have ditched the ultra defensive formation and is no longer playing 2 holding players being Sissoko or Winks with Holjberg. Dump Sanchez and play Rodon and I will be much happier. Other big clubs this season have stuck with their Manager when results went against them and they turned it around(MU &Woolwich) can Mourinho do the same? Too early to tell but much better today.

Mourinho is not out of the woods yet. However he appears to have ditched the ultra defensive formation and is no longer playing 2 holding players being Sissoko or Winks with Holjberg. Dump Sanchez and play Rodon and I will be much happier. Other big clubs this season have stuck with their Manager when results went against them and they turned it around(MU &Woolwich) can Mourinho do the same? Too early to tell but much better today.
Yep........

Very Jekyll and Hyde team, never know you’re gonna get.

Seriously, just ignore the fucker. Press the button. He’ll still put little kisses beside every post you make, but the noise almost goes away. You’ll thank me if you take the advice.

Glad to hear that you have found a way to make the site your own little personal echo chamber.

Whether that is true about Dier or not did you not claim that Jose wasn't playing him because he thought they were the best players? Did I misread your response to that post.

We have better alternatives to Sissoko as we saw today with him being out and us playing great. Jose chose him because he preferred him in his negative low block formation that he used to very little success for the majority of the time he was here. Nobody forced him to play that way, that was his choice and his view that SIssoko was a better option than playing GLC, Dele, Bale, Moura etc.

I agreed with you on Davies.
Did you celebrate this win even for one second? Just curious like. Literally every post that is complimentary of the team you are x’ing like an oppo fan.

Fitness, form, opposition, rotation, many games... Repeat after me now: Fitness, form, opposition, rotation, many games...

You want to have no injuries in this era, where we are playing more games than anyone (seriously look the stats up, you might be well shocked!), then you have to rotate your squad as some players simply can’t play multiple games in a row else they break down. Sports science, hello?

Have an issue with the lack of like for like players being available so you don’t have to use Winks, Sissoko, or “dump Sanchez,” who was the best defender on the entire pitch yesterday - I’m his worst detractor mind you, take it up with Hitchen and/or Levy!

The manager will play what’s in front of him, as he should. Cheerio.

Last edited:

Called Doherty a "monster" as well. Unforgivable.

Agree but Sanchez played well yesterday (words never typed before). It will take another mistake for him to be dropped.

Love Lamptey but fear he may be injury prone. Hopefully not, class player.
Aurier is not done. OK Burnley wasn't the trickiest of tests but I've been a fan since his brother died. Think he's more than decent and if that continues there's no need to replace.

Aurier is not done. OK Burnley wasn't the trickiest of tests but I've been a fan since his brother died. Think he's more than decent and if that continues there's no need to replace.
I like Aurier and he's had 3/4 brilliant performances this season but over a 60 game season we need more from that position than we're getting. Definitely need a first choice RB or somebody at least as good as Aurier to rotate with him imo. Doherty is poor and Tanganga needs a loan.

If we'd have brought Kane and Son at their peak value we'd have spent 200 million. The disparity between the two squads is not that great. They have a fair few average players made to look better than they are by the system. Whilst our average players always look decidedly average.
You honestly comparing our squad to Man City? :auriergrin:

Back
Top Bottom