Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he doesn’t sign a new contract he will be gone in the summer though
Not sure I agree - not many clubs will transfer budgets, nor will they be prepared to match current wages even on a free (e.g. Sissoko). I also don’t think we will extend contracts on a higher rate as we’ve traditionally done

Not sure I agree - not many clubs will transfer budgets, nor will they be prepared to match current wages even on a free (e.g. Sissoko). I also don’t think we will extend contracts on a higher rate as we’ve traditionally done
His contract is up in June next year so I think levy will either extend it or try and sell him rather than lose him for free next June?

My earlier point was that he doesnt play them cos he thinks they are great players but that they are the best options available to him at that point.

As an example, when Sissoko played, Ndombele couldnt last for 90 mins even in an advanced role. As Tanguy's fitnesss and defensive efforts improved, he has been moved deeper and allowed us to minimize playing winks or Sissoko.

But feel free to imagine an alternate reality that will help soothe the pain you are feeling from the team winning.

You were pretty consistent in your opinion that Ndombele didn't have the ability to play in a deep midfield 2 with Hojbjerg and that Sissoko and Winks were better in that area than he would be - you can't pull a 180 on that and expect to get away with it.

Total waste of time engaging with someone whose MO is to agree with everything the manager does regardless of whether it contradicts what they've said previously.

Last edited:
Did you celebrate this win even for one second? Just curious like. Literally every post that is complimentary of the team you are x’ing like an oppo fan.
We´ve won 4-0. Bale, Sonny and Kane played together and really well - beautiful attacking movements, 3 goals and 3 assists between them. We´ve got a clean sheet and, believe it or not, Davison Sanchez had a wonderful performance.

Of course he's not happy.

We´ve won 4-0. Bale, Sonny and Kane played together and really well - beautiful attacking movements, 3 goals and 3 assists between them. We´ve got a clean sheet and, believe it or not, Davison Sanchez had a wonderful performance.

Keeps wanking of Nagelsman like there’s no tomorrow. Hates Jose, alright fair enough. But do you hate Jose more than you love your club?

Under Poch he was transitioning to the PL and the issues were more fitness than performance. And 12 games is a small sample size to judge.
Yes the issue was fitness, but he had a fitness issue because his "diet" was rubbish - if a footballer lives off burgers and other assorted junk, then it is more an issue of being an unprofessional twat. Gazza could get away with a breakfast of 5 pints of Newky Brown because he was a genius and most footballers went on the piss every week then.

But nowadays, you're up against people who take things seriously. Footballers might even have their own chefs and dieticians. I know I would. The margins between success and failure are tiny now. Advantages can be worth some personal sacrifice to get. A player in the PL might retire with anywhere between £5-20m in the bank and all bills paid thank you very much, assuming he doesn't spunk it up against the wall or get a messy divorce.

Making an amateurish twat into a professional footballer, well I'd say a lot of that is down to man management. Bit more important than an extra couple of shuttles at the end of training.

Look Jose lovers, we’ve still lost 4 of 6 in the league. Yesterday was a step in the right direction, but if you guys gloat obsessively after 1 win, it’s part of the problem.

Maybe after 3-4 of those performances in a row it will balance out the 5 shit performances we had in a row in the league before yesterday.

I totally agree it’s a start, but some on here are gloating like we’ve won the league.

Last edited:
Look Jose lovers, we’ve still lost 4 of 6 in the league. Yesterday was a step in the right direction, but if you guys gloat obsessively after 1 win, it’s part of the problem.

Maybe after 3-4 of those performances in a row it will balance out the 5 shit performances we had in a row in the league before yesterday.

It's a start though.

I'm not a Jose lover - I am one who believes he should be gone in the summer regardless of what's achieved in the cups. But yesterday we saw a team that defended well, pressed well together at times and have the swagger back.

Now yes, "It's only Burnley" - but this is a Burnley team that were 4 games unbeaten and had already gone to the Emirates and Anfield and turned over the home teams. Only Man City have beaten Burnley by a bigger margin than we did yesterday.

It was a good performance, a good result and something to build on. Fulham and Crystal Palace next. Two teams funnily enough that "Only Burnley" were unbeaten against in the last 4 games. Burnley drew with Fulham and smashed Palace 3-0.

If we get 6 points from our next 2 games, we could POTENTIALLY be above West Ham (Having played a game more) and above Chelsea (Having played the same amount of games) with a game in hand over the teams above us above and 2 points off 4th place.

It's a start though.

I'm not a Jose lover - I am one who believes he should be gone in the summer regardless of what's achieved in the cups. But yesterday we saw a team that defended well, pressed well together at times and have the swagger back.

Now yes, "It's only Burnley" - but this is a Burnley team that were 4 games unbeaten and had already gone to the Emirates and Anfield and turned over the home teams. Only Man City have beaten Burnley by a bigger margin than we did yesterday.

It was a good performance, a good result and something to build on. Fulham and Crystal Palace next. Two teams funnily enough that "Only Burnley" were unbeaten against in the last 4 games. Burnley drew with Fulham and smashed Palace 3-0.

If we get 6 points from our next 2 games, we could POTENTIALLY be above West Ham (Having played a game more) and above Chelsea (Having played the same amount of games) with a game in hand over the teams above us above and 2 points off 4th place.
Jose said something interesting after the game, in relation to our high line yesterday. He mentioned the hard work without the ball made by Lucas in basically all the central areas of the pitch.

What he didn't mention, though, is the fact that Burnley don't really have pace in their offensive game. I'm not even talking about big games; with the CB's we got, it would be difficult to play in the same way against every non top 6 teams - with fast strikers/wingers.

We need new CB's to defend better and also to have more quality in our overall game - not just against Burnley.

Will you stop spewing hateful bile if we win the next 3 in a row? No.

LOL

I love it we play the exact way me and many other fans have been calling for for months and the apologists come back crying about how much we must hate it.

No you idiots we are happy to finally see what should have happened a year ago.

Are you so pathetically blind by you hate of Spurs supporters that you can't see past your face to see reality? Is your need to prop up Jose so strong it makes you so clearly stupid?

No you idiots we are happy to finally see what should have happened a year ago.

Are you so pathetically blind by you hate of Spurs supporters that you can't see past your face to see reality? Is your need to prop up Jose so strong it makes you so clearly stupid?
Red card? It's about time...

LOL

Red Card for being an actual Spurs fan not a Jose fanboi and pointing out that I enjoyed the win?

You guys come up with a lot of dumb shit but that might take the cake.
I didn't insult you (or anyone in this forum) - I don't have to; I have an education; I also have arguments; and, unlike you, I'm happy with the victory.

You did. And it must be a card. Rules must be followed by everyone.

Last edited:
Yesterday was great. Finally we got to see a Spurs that went forward, with our three best attacking players, not sitting back as soon as the first goals went in.

Yesterday was good, credit where it's due, now we need to keep it going.

Back
Top Bottom