Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LOL

I love it we play the exact way me and many other fans have been calling for for months and the apologists come back crying about how much we must hate it.

No you idiots we are happy to finally see what should have happened a year ago.

Are you so pathetically blind by you hate of Spurs supporters that you can't see past your face to see reality? Is your need to prop up Jose so strong it makes you so clearly stupid?
So why are you littering every single post celebrating the win and the players with x’s? Yeah some fan!

You were pretty consistent in your opinion that Ndombele didn't have the ability to play in a deep midfield 2 with Hojbjerg and that Sissoko and Winks were better in that area than he would be - you can't pull a 180 on that and expect to get away with it.

Total waste of time engaging with someone whose MO is to agree with everything the manager does regardless of whether it contradicts what they've said previously.
You dont have to misrepresent my posts when they are there for anyone to review.

My opinion has not changed on the suitability of Ndombele playing in a dual pivot - that is simply not his best position or does the fact that Sissoko has played at RB make him a good RB? The fact that he now looks a lesser player, with less influence on the game, to the extent that some are doubting is quality further buttresses my point.

IIRC, there was a particular exchange with you in which I made the point that you can either keep Ndombele in his best position, and try to sort out who plays along PEH, or move him to a different position and/or change the formation, and that I simply prefer the former.

He has modified his game (kudos to him), becoming more defensive and a better option than Winkssoko but I dont see that as making him suited to the role (only that he is now better than winks and Sissoko) and I have never approved of it cos I feel it robs us of the best part of his game. it would be a loss imo to see him become another John Mikel Obi

he's influencing the game much more from deep than he ever did further forward - it's just not as eye catching helping control the midfield as it is doing a nice bit of skill in the final third that looks good but doesn't really progress play.

Great result,nothing to do with the manager. Jamie Redknapp was correct before the match there are too many times we play with the hand brake on and that is totally on the manager.

I cannot believe the same people who are saying our squad is rubbish e celebrating it like Jose is a genius. This game was all the players. Jose does not deserve the credit for picking an inform Bale.

Great result,nothing to do with the manager. Jamie Redknapp was correct before the match there are too many times we play with the hand brake on and that is totally on the manager.

I cannot believe the same people who are saying our squad is rubbish e celebrating it like Jose is a genius. This game was all the players. Jose does not deserve the credit for picking an inform Bale.
play well=players, play poorly=manager?

I am not sure anyone is saying it is that simple but yes when you play well because you use the players correctly and play poorly because of stupid line-ups and tactics it is fairly easy to say that our poor play in the start of the season had a lot to do with our moron of a manager and his tactics and that now that good players are able to play and play in a style that works with them and against everything the manager believes in that the players have more to do with it than the moron.

I am not sure anyone is saying it is that simple but yes when you play well because you use the players correctly and play poorly because of stupid line-ups and tactics it is fairly easy to say that our poor play in the start of the season had a lot to do with our moron of a manager and his tactics and that now that good players are able to play and play in a style that works with them and against everything the manager believes in that the players have more to do with it than the moron.
If you blame him for the bad performances, then dont be a coward and credit him when we perform well.

Anything else and you are no more than someone peddling a bias agenda

If you blame him for the bad performances, then dont be a coward and credit him when we perform well.

Anything else you are no more than someone peddling a bias agenda

I will credit him for making the change to the style we should have been playing all along and that everyone, who wasn't a Jose fanboi, could clearly see we should be playing.

How much credit is up for debate. When you do something a year late and that everybody already knew you should be doing not sure there is much credit to be given. When you do it to try and save your job because that is more important that team success or the club I would take more credit away.

I will credit him for making the change to the style we should have been playing all along and that everyone, who wasn't a Jose fanboi, could clearly see we should be playing.

How much credit is up for debate. When you do something a year late and that everybody already knew you should be doing not sure there is much credit to be given. When you do it to try and save your job because that is more important that team success or the club I would take more credit away.
But there is no change in style.

It is still the same system and 4-2-3-1 formation that Mourinho has used for the better part of his career. It is the way Mourinho likes to play and the way he likes to play it

But there is no change in style.

It is still the same system and 4-2-3-1 formation that Mourinho has used for the better part of his career. It is the way Mourinho likes to play and the way he likes to play it

LOL

Ok, you are right we are playing the exact same way we always have all season!

Where as to the Jose fan boys;
Plays bad its a shit squad.
Plays well Jose is a genius

Most of the anti Jose posters were arguing that the squad was better than ninth. That seems correct
Most of the anti Jose posters Were asking for Toby to start. Proved correct
Most of the anti Jose posters Were asking for Bale and dele to start. Bale start made a big difference. So proved correct
Most of the anti Jose posters were saying spurs were playing a too defensive style that was putting to much pressure on our defences and was not working to the squads talents. This too seems correct.

If Jose started that side against West Ham we would be closer to the top 4.

I am delighted we won and I am delighted that Jose finally acknowledged what was plain to virtually everyone who watches spurs.

If he learns from his mistakes then fair play we can progress. But there were mistakes and he was facing the sack because of them. Hopefully a commitment to a more attacking spurs can rescue his reputation and Spurs can prosper. But to deny the Mourinho wardship was problematic is to be blind.

Last edited:
Where as to the Jose fan boys;
Plays bad its a shit squad.
Plays well Jose is a genius

Most of the anti Jose posters were arguing that the squad was better than ninth. That seems correct
Most of the anti Jose posters Were asking for Toby to start. Proved correct
Most of the anti Jose posters Were asking for Bale and dele to start. Bale start made a big difference. So proved correct
Most of the anti Jose posters were saying spurs were playing a too defensive style that was putting to much pressure on our defences and was not working to the squads talents. This too seems correct.

If Jose started that side against West Ham we would be closer to the top 4.

I am delighted we won and I am delighted that Jose finally acknowledged what was plain to virtually everyone who watches spurs.

If he learns from his mistakes then fair play we can progress. But there were mistakes and he was facing the sack because of them. Hopefully a commitment to a more attacking spurs can rescue his reputation and Spurs can prosper. But to deny the Mourinho wardship was problematic is to be blind.
Good post but trying to debate with them at all is like repeatedly bashing your head into a brick wall.

There are a few decent Jose supporters but many can’t form any rational thought.

Good post but trying to debate with them at all is like repeatedly bashing your head into a brick wall.

There are a few decent Jose supporters but many can’t form any rational thought.
I don't like Jose but I love spurs. If Jose is learning and improving and spurs are improving then fantastic. Maybe I was too eager to pull the trigger. But this spurs side has fallen behind West ham that is not acceptable. Hopefully we can turn this around and maybe win a trophy. If we win the europa Jose has earned his right to stay. But a league cup and a mid table finish is not a progression and we would have to part ways.

Back
Top Bottom