Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho is moving on from parking the bus to parking the rocket 🤓

71y9TrxywaL._AC_SY679_.jpg

One word Zagreb. That should have been enough for him to go. Who gives a monkeys that we beat Villa, WBA, Palace, Burnley and Fulham. Two of these are battling relegation. We have lost to Chelsea, Woolwich and West Ham recently playing some of the worst football I have ever seen.

Fraudinho is only at Spurs because we were having a documentary made about us. Pochettino refused to do the Documentary and Jose was desperate to do the documentary. I believe he would never have taken on the task of dealing with Levy if we were not having the documentary made about us.
Excellent soubriquet....😁

Brian Clough was arrogant but at least he turned Derby and Nottingham Forest into champions. Mourinho on the other hand has not really created this kind of legacy he has spent the most money and won, most managers of any real ability could replicate what he has done at Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid.

Brian Clough was arrogant but at least he turned Derby and Nottingham Forest into champions. Mourinho on the other hand has not really created this kind of legacy he has spent the most money and won, most managers of any real ability could replicate what he has done at Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid.
Funnily enough i thought of Clough watching that clip. Not the brilliant, funny manager he was in the 70's but the late 80's early 90's version where he became a caricature of what he used to be. The arrogance was no longer funny, he wasn't winning or challenging for the big trophies and yet he was still trotting out the same publicity driven schtick with the same ego like he was top of the pile....and thats where we are currently with Mourinho i'm afraid.

Last edited:
Funnily enough i thought of Clough watching that clip. Not the brilliant, funny manager he was in the 70's but the late 80's early 90's version where he became a caricature of what he used to be. The arrogance was no longer funny, he wasn't winning or challenging for the big trophies and yet he was still trotting out the same publicity driven schitck with the same ego like he was top of the pile....and thats where we are currently with Mourinho i'm afraid.
The problem with people with an ego is they cannot admit when they are wrong and so do not change. This even happend with Clough at the height of his powers with Leeds where he told a team of Champions they did it by cheating.

Football really isn't as intricate as his comparison makes it out to be. And even then it's managed to evolve beyond what he's capable of.

I’m all for bashing Jose at the moment. But that is just pure nonsense. He was a legendary manager for Porto, Chelsea and Inter. Did very well for most part in Real Madrid as well competing for every trophy against perhaps the best side of all time. He’s doing shit now? Also yes

Funnily enough i thought of Clough watching that clip. Not the brilliant, funny manager he was in the 70's but the late 80's early 90's version where he became a caricature of what he used to be. The arrogance was no longer funny, he wasn't winning or challenging for the big trophies and yet he was still trotting out the same publicity driven schitck with the same ego like he was top of the pile....and thats where we are currently with Mourinho i'm afraid.
Great comparison. Just as Old Big 'ead's charm wore thin, same is true of the The Special One.

Back
Top Bottom