Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I seem to run out of words to describe how I feel about Jose Mourinho.

The main thing is that I've come to accept the performances, I was not even surprised we conceded again in the last 10 mins yesterday. For a manager on the money he's on, I struggle to understand how he can struggle to get a defensive tune against one of the worst teams in the Premier League. The defence isn't great but surely they can be more solid against Newcastle?!

I still believe he will be here at the end of the season, I just think his future depends on the Cup final and top four qualification.

He certainly isn't doing himself any favours with all these stupid interviews he keeps doing. How he thinks that by calling out the players, those same players are gonna pull up trees for him in matches. It's bonkers management which I'm glad the majority of people can see.

This Jose project has been a complete disaster and in the 18 months or so he's been here, he has taken us backwards rather than forwards which with these players is extremely disappointing.

I seem to run out of words to describe how I feel about Jose Mourinho.

The main thing is that I've come to accept the performances, I was not even surprised we conceded again in the last 10 mins yesterday. For a manager on the money he's on, I struggle to understand how he can struggle to get a defensive tune against one of the worst teams in the Premier League. The defence isn't great but surely they can be more solid against Newcastle?!

I still believe he will be here at the end of the season, I just think his future depends on the Cup final and top four qualification.

He certainly isn't doing himself any favours with all these stupid interviews he keeps doing. How he thinks that by calling out the players, those same players are gonna pull up trees for him in matches. It's bonkers management which I'm glad the majority of people can see.

This Jose project has been a complete disaster and in the 18 months or so he's been here, he has taken us backwards rather than forwards which with these players is extremely disappointing.
Mourinho starting to pull the media stunts now you know he needs to go.

Agreed - cannot think of a single player that has improved under him in 1.5 seasons

Bingo.

Players don't improve. The team doesn't improve. Results don't improve. Play is deteriorating rapidly. Player relations being burned publically live on TV.

So on what parameters exactly should he be given yet more time let alone money?

They've managed to carry us to within a few points of top 4 with 8 to play despite being hamstrung by a useless cunt of a manager so I'd say they're doing alright tbf

I think a lot of the carrying has been done by Kane and Son though, especially Harry. There's a lot of players who are doing far from alright for us, regardless of what we think of Mourinho (who I think is doing a bad job too).

First half of the season he was playing counter attacking football, defensive football but was winning games he was top of the league, son was scoring first half of the season from counters, last 13 games he has 1.
Second half of the season he’s been playing more open and we’ve been dropping points left right center, conceding more

Literally a season of two halves/tactics

There’s only so much he can do with the players at the club, even if another manager comes in players are still gonna be the same.
You will get many disagrees if you thinks these players that were failing with the previous manager and now this one are the problem. Apparently these players are genius who will win trophies after trophies for the next manager.

I’m so desperate for this shite to be over. I’ve never felt so disconnected from my club before
I think that's how most of us feel. It's been building for a while. Back in the 80s and 90s, we used to be able to attend events with players in attendance. We could get autographs and photos with them, and have a brief chat. The current crop may as well be on another planet they are that remote from us. Not being able to watch live is not helping either.

I think that's how most of us feel. It's been building for a while. Back in the 80s and 90s, we used to be able to attend events with players in attendance. We could get autographs and photos with them, and have a brief chat. The current crop may as well be on another planet they are that remote from us. Not being able to watch live is not helping either.

The current crop aren't interested bin signing autographs unless they are getting paid for them. £150k per week doesn't stretch very far these days.

Back
Top Bottom