Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FUCK SAKE - 2-0 down to Olympiakos. Mourinho out.

:dembelelol:

In all seriousness. Our defence is Championship quality at best. I remember when we had the best defensive record in the league a few years back. That's seems like a long, long time ago. It needs to be completely rebuilt under Jose.

Yeah but some people ( chairman included apparently ) think we have a fantastic squad and we have been uncharacteristically underperforming. :pochlol:

It’s still so fucking weird that he’s our manager. The only thing I can compare it to would be us signing Ronaldo, someone I dislike immensely but also respect.

Christ. Imagine if we actually won the CL this season. Not going to happen, but if it did, that Amazon documentary would be pure gold. A comeback story straight out of Hollywood.

Reality check for those that post too early?

:kanegoal:
It wasn't based on just 30mins. So far we ain't won anything with these lot. Look very bad defensively especially. It was a crap team & we looked all over the place in the first 30mins. lots think we need to get rid of many of them. If you're so sure, do you fancy a bet about whther we win the CL or title with these lot? I think suddenly you won't be so sure!

It was you & others saying we didn't need new signings & it ended up with our manager being sacked & Now a big struggle for top 4.

It’s still so fucking weird that he’s our manager. The only thing I can compare it to would be us signing Ronaldo, someone I dislike immensely but also respect.

Christ. Imagine if we actually won the CL this season. Not going to happen, but if it did, that Amazon documentary would be pure gold. A comeback story straight out of Hollywood.

Ronaldo is actually a funny comparison, Portuguese, arrogant but with a slight charm and utter football brilliance. In fairness Mourinho comes across as more intelligent than Ronaldo and generally more engaging, Ronaldo is quite boorish to listen too, Mourinho is wonderful to listen to when on football tactics or insulting Woolwich.

Don’t think Amazon can believe their luck really, if we did win something even an FA Cup or managed to climb into top 4 after the disastrous start this season it would make a great documentary. The sacking of Poch and Mourinho appointment alone is drama.

why can’t we win the CL? I think we can. José just needs to shore up our defence. We have plenty up front.

why can’t we win the CL? I think we can. José just needs to shore up our defence. We have plenty up front.
It's a big ask. It is wide open though. Would need luck & a kind draw. But you only need 1 bad game & you're probably out.

It's a big ask. It is wide open though. Would need luck & a kind draw. But you only need 1 bad game & you're probably out.

You’re right. The CL trophy is the hardest to get. Once you get to the quarterfinals nearly every team is elite. You need luck to win it, no matter how good the squad.

You’re right. The CL trophy is the hardest to get. Once you get to the quarterfinals nearly every team is elite. You need luck to win it, no matter how good the squad.
Agreed. Love poch but we needed a lot of luck to get to the final last year. But I wouldn't be confident backing any particular team to get to the final, let alone win it. We got the attackers but this defence is a big worry.

Back
Top Bottom