Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

why can’t we win the CL? I think we can. José just needs to shore up our defence. We have plenty up front.

Because good things don’t happen to good people.

And I’m trying to temper my expectations. We have a more talented squad than last season, and a manager that could actually inspire self-belief to new levels.

I’m downplaying it. But good god, that would be the sporting story to end all stories. Technically it might be our easiest route to CL qualification.

Within a week this thread has pretty much reached 150 pages.

At this rate The Humble One is going to be more talked about, on here, than the New stadium thread by the end of the season.
Which is nuts considering how long that took to build.

Put that type of interest out into the outside media world and you have everyone talking about Spurs, I think Levy has played a blinder here.

Pochettino "I am happy with my players, sometimes in football this happens."

Mourinho "I want better, I want better than that first half."

No disrespect to Pochettino but this is what makes the difference.

I hope Poch learns at his next club to be a bit more ruthless (unless it's a PL team, in which case, I hope he remains the same lol.)

He actually apologised to one of his players. He actually used the phrase "Maybe I was wrong" when asked about his team selection.

Humble Jose is really messing with my mind. This is a paradigm shift that I am not prepared for.

giphy.gif

Unrelated but...

Dybala in? Hopefully Mourinho can get him.

Oh fuck no, not this again. I have barely gotten over the transfer falling through in the summer. I don't think my heart can take another episode.

But yeah... I'd 110% still have him. If Eriksen leaves we'll need a new set piece taker, plus he's top quality, a big name ($$$ :levyeyes:$$$) and Mourinho would likely be the best man to make the most out of him.

- However, sorting out our defence is definitely top priority.

Reality check for the people thinking mourinho will make these lot in to title challengers & trophy winners. We need better players no matter who's in charge. Especially in defence.
OR we could wait to see what happens in the game, the competition and the season under new management?

He actually apologised to one of his players. He actually used the phrase "Maybe I was wrong" when asked about his team selection.

Humble Jose is really messing with my mind. This is a paradigm shift that I am not prepared for.

giphy.gif

Clever by Jose to get on the front foot and dictate the terms of that interview. He spoke for 2 and half minutes before the interviewer could even ask a question.

You’re right. The CL trophy is the hardest to get. Once you get to the quarterfinals nearly every team is elite. You need luck to win it, no matter how good the squad.

I disagree... You're right in that cup football is a lottery, but good luck winning the EPL thanks merely to the luck of the draw.

You could argue we only managed 2 x 90minute performances in the entire cup run last year and yet we got to the final.

I watched the post match interview back where he apologises to Dier and something struck me. Firstly he apologises to Eric before the interviewer gets a word in but more importantly for me he puts a bit of a rocket up 3 other players all at the same time by saying that he needed to sub someone to get another player in the pocket of space and it was either him or Winks or he was thinking of substituting one of our CBs and sticking Dier back there.

I think he's done this not only to give all four a subtle ticking off that they were all under threat but to also show Dier that he values him so much that in order to keep him on the field he was considering moving him into a different position. Cushions the negative feeling whilst letting others know he's aware and they should be too. Even Dele said he thought it could have been him so it's great that so many can now be wary but that he also got Dier feeling better that it wasn't not a decision taken lightly.

That may be coincidence, it may bea masterstroke but either way it will sit with all concerned. He ain't a bloke to mess with but he's being very tactile with it. Now that's something I can get on board with if he's actually come up with that and for those reasons. Lovely stuff!

I watched the post match interview back where he apologises to Dier and something struck me. Firstly he apologises to Eric before the interviewer gets a word in but more importantly for me he puts a bit of a rocket up 3 other players all at the same time by saying that he needed to sub someone to get another player in the pocket of space and it was either him or Winks or he was thinking of substituting one of our CBs and sticking Dier back there.

I think he's done this not only to give all four a subtle ticking off that they were all under threat but to also show Dier that he values him so much that in order to keep him on the field he was considering moving him into a different position. Cushions the negative feeling whilst letting others know he's aware and they should be too. Even Dele said he thought it could have been him so it's great that so many can now be wary but that he also got Dier feeling better that it wasn't not a decision taken lightly.

That may be coincidence, it may bea masterstroke but either way it will sit with all concerned. He ain't a bloke to mess with but he's being very tactile with it. Now that's something I can get on board with if he's actually come up with that and for those reasons. Lovely stuff!

If they all feel they have nowhere to hide that's a welcome state of affairs.

If they all feel they have nowhere to hide that's a welcome state of affairs.

Turning a 27th minute sub into a pick me up for versatile Dier who was begrudgingly longed off and a cheeky threat to the CBs and other CM is all good with me mate. I think we are seeing a genuinely top manager at the club at the moment. I was a huge Poch fan but with him in charge we ain't winning that game tonight. Sub at half time or 60 minutes standard. It's a small thing but it just makes everyone too comfortable, too stale. We have fresh legs all of a sudden because we have fresh minds. A tweak here and there, Aurier given license to roam, new innovative ideas even long goal kicks. It always needs freshening up and sadly Poch was too stubborn to accept this.

Very impressive start, Christmas time could be very eventful as he'd have had a month or so with the lads by then.

I disagree... You're right in that cup football is a lottery, but good luck winning the EPL thanks merely to the luck of the draw.

You could argue we only managed 2 x 90minute performances in the entire cup run last year and yet we got to the final.

really? In the knock out stage, we did well against Dortmund both legs, Man City (we did well both legs, which is how we won), and second game against Ajax.

really? In the knock out stage, we did well against Dortmund both legs, Man City (we did well both legs, which is how we won), and second game against Ajax.

"90 minute performances"?

I'm not looking to piss on whatever remains of those memories, but... We were poor for the first hour vs Ajax; as we were for large chunks of the City games.

Back
Top Bottom