Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just did a nightshift overtime, got up from bed, went for a piss to a barrage of Txs. Couldn’t believe my eyes 😂😂😂 wow!!! What a day and can I just say, thank Christ for that!!! I now feel I can watch the rest of the season now and look forward to seeing who we get in the summer. Good luck Mason and Powell, take home the trophy boys!!!!

The Club can today announce that Jose Mourinho and his coaching staff Joao Sacramento, Nuno Santos, Carlos Lalin and Giovanni Cerra have been relieved of their duties.

Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: "Jose and his coaching staff have been with us through some of our most challenging times as a Club. Jose is a true professional who showed enormous resilience during the pandemic. On a personal level I have enjoyed working with him and regret that things have not worked out as we both had envisaged. He will always be welcome here and we should like to thank him and his coaching staff for their contribution."

Ryan Mason will take First Team training today and a further update will follow in due course.

Hmm, anyone want to place a bet on whether a new manager (even if for next season) gets announced today?
Don't get your hopes up, thats Levy for "when we've found a replacement".:levywhoa:

Not a bad shout, but Hoddle won't take it with his health problems.
Probably correct. But the man does believe To Dare Is To Do.

I'm content with Mason & Powell as emergency caretakers but we have a cup final coming up.

Hoddle loves our club, knows our league, knows our players, and is tactically progressive. It's clear that England players he coached - eg Lineker & Ferdinand - like the man & respect his football knowledge.

I'm confident he would be respected by our squad if he walked into the changing room as the temporary boss.

And I'd prefer Hoddle setting us up tactically against Guardiola's City than Mason & Powell.

Well some disloyal entitled so-called fans have got their way with the most untimely sacking of a top manager. Only Daniel Levy can explain why he did not give Mourinho even ONE season to prove himself while under constant attack from the anti-Tottenham press.

The entitled brigade on this forum can now look forward to mediocrity under Nuno Espirito Santo, the media have already picked for you, or even worse someone who has not managed for decades like Hoddle who talks nonsense in his tactical analysis on BT in games.

Levy is the new sack-race king outdoing the Russian in his lack of patience and foolish interference. He was the idiot behind allowing Jan Vertongen to leave Spurs for NOTHING rather than give him a 2 year contract. Vertongen is still first choice in Belgium's defence (with Alderweireld a great partnership lost for Spurs), the top international team in the world.

Tottenham will never achieve anything while Levy runs the club like this.

I was willing to give Jose a chance when we hired him and I thought it was worth the risk.

I was also happy to give him a full season to see what he could do. It hasn't worked out so it's time to go and I agree with the sacking.

I'm also happy for those fans that despised him that they have got their wish and hopefully we can have a more united fanbase now.

Well some disloyal entitled so-called fans have got their way with the most untimely sacking of a top manager. Only Daniel Levy can explain why he did not give Mourinho even ONE season to prove himself while under constant attack from the anti-Tottenham press.

The entitled brigade on this forum can now look forward to mediocrity under Nuno Espirito Santo, the media have already picked for you, or even worse someone who has not managed for decades like Hoddle who talks nonsense in his tactical analysis on BT in games.

Levy is the new sack-race king outdoing the Russian in his lack of patience and foolish interference. He was the idiot behind allowing Jan Vertongen to leave Spurs for NOTHING rather than give him a 2 year contract. Vertongen is still first choice in Belgium's defence (with Alderweireld a great partnership lost for Spurs), the top international team in the world.

Tottenham will never achieve anything while Levy runs the club like this.
Pointless to carry on when you've lost the dressing room though mate. He threw some of them under the bus, they weren't interested in playing for him anymore.

I wanted him to succeed but he hasn't really improved on what he took over, defensively we are Horrific and this was meant to be his strength. Not sure about the timing but overall the decision is correct

Timing wise it’s too late so save this season, but I’m really glad we did it before the cup final.

We still only have a small chance, but that’s more than I gave us yesterday. So many of our players will be galvanised by Jose’s sacking.

This is from memory, but I think Utd won something like 9 out of 10 games following his sacking.

It must feel like being let out of prison for these players.

Back
Top Bottom