Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh dear, I’m glad their massively brilliant new “style” before the hysteria yesterday caused you, had yielded a whole 2pts from three games while scoring 2.
That’s one more point and one more goal than us at our absolute worst.

You really was ok with us playing like this between January and October though. Uncanny.
Performance, not results are two different things. Conflate them at your peril.

Jose should be Jose. He needs to play his old style defensive boring wining football trophies and tough with the players.
This new approach is too soft and is not working.
It's almost the same though isn't it.
Defensive, check.
Boring. check.
Just not winning.

Defensive, check.
Boring. check.
Just not winning.

I don't know how anyone could watch what we are doing on the pitch and call it defensive football.

The football has been shit for the last year under both Poch and Mou because we have let our midfield stagnate and decay to an absurd level. No manager could play elegant football or even proper defensive football with our midfield options right now.

Defensive, check.
Boring. check.
Just not winning.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with some of your points. There's nothing remotely resembling a defence on the field, and it's not really boring because I get a near heart attack anytime the ball nears our penalty area :mourshock:

Defensive, check.
Boring. check.
Just not winning.
No, he is playing open attacking football. If we can't defend and have poor midfield then park the bus.

We didn't master a decent chance in the second half against saints yesterday, embarrassing with Lusas, Kane, Dele, Locelso and Eriksen on the pitch, all attack minded.

Old Jose would have started Winks, Sissoko and Ndembele in the middle. Old Jose would have brought on Winks not Locelso.

Just park the bus, don't concede. Score on the counter and we have the players to do it. Simple

You can't play the same way over and over when it's not working.

So why are you discussing that Gooner cunt Arteta?
What the fuck do you think my posts have been about?

I've posted an article about patterns of play that were evident in Woolwich's last two games (ONLY two games under Arteta). I posted it because it's exactly what I've been posting what we lack under Jose. Maybe people will take notice if something is written by a professional other than little old me?

The fact that there isn't such an article about Jose is because he's not doing it. If he was then I would be probably quite calm about the new boss and how he was getting on.

If you're deeply offended then you need to grow up Baz.

Yet you didn’t mind the performances and relegation form for 11 months.
But you have an issue with it for a week?
Fuckinhg hell mate, please stop lying. Why do you have to ruin every thread with them? Every thread you build strawmen and every thread you act like a tit. Just debate your points, if we disagree then we disagree, I've no issue with this. I've always backed you as a passionate poster but lately, you can't stop making shit up about the person you're in disagreement with. Just stop.

I've posted an article about patterns of play that were evident in Woolwich's last two games (ONLY two games under Arteta). I posted it because it's exactly what I've been posting what we lack under Jose. Maybe people will take notice if something is written by a professional other than little old me?

The fact that there isn't such an article about Jose is because he's not doing it. If he was then I would be probably quite calm about the new boss and how he was getting on.

I’m not offended in the slightest

I just asked you a question

You’ve answered it

That’s all

And I should grow up???

Fuckinhg hell mate, please stop lying. Why do you have to ruin every thread with them? Every thread you build strawmen and every thread you act like a tit. Just debate your points, if we disagree then we disagree, I've no issue with this. I've always backed you as a passionate poster but lately, you can't stop making shit up about the person you're in disagreement with. Just stop.

He needs to ‘grow up’

:moursmall:

So are you saying that you would prefer Arteta to José then?

Just to clarify and I’m not digging you out

So are you saying that you would prefer Arteta to José then?

Just to clarify and I’m not digging you out
No, I'm not saying that at all. Those words never passed through my lips. No one knows if Arteta will be a good manager or not. The only ones that think he can are those in the game and have worked alongside him.

I do want a manager that plays attractive, progressive football, I do want a manager that is at the zenith of the game. I've listed who I think they are in previous posts. I don't consider Jose to be one of those.

About our long ball football.. Mourinho's seen how we played with poch. We were shit over the last year. The defense couldnt get the ball out to midfield and the midfield couldnt get the ball to attackers. We'd lose the ball in our half and give out chances after chances. So logical decision is, you bunch of cunts at the back, just lump it towards Kane and then we fight for the second ball. The game before we didnt keep lumping it forward because we had Ndombele to drag the ball forward and find the attackers with his passing.

Against southampton he was injured and were back to having Sissoko in the middle. Granted hes still a better option than wasters like Winks , Dier and Wanyama but the fucker doesnt go looking for the ball from the defenders. So guess what the defenders have to do? lump it up again.

Unfortunately hes got Toby to sign a new contract. So the fucking hoofball is going to continue. And if thats the case, then we need a good second striker too for when Kane is not up for it like against southampton where he was moving like a piece of lard. Levy better get what we need. Letting llorente go and not replacing him was stupid.

No, I'm not saying that at all. Those words never passed through my lips. No one knows if Arteta will be a good manager or not. The only ones that think he can are those in the game and have worked alongside him.

I do want a manager that plays attractive, progressive football, I do want a manager that is at the zenith of the game. I've listed who I think they are in previous posts. I don't consider Jose to be one of those.

To save a trawl can you point me in the direction of your choices?

Back
Top Bottom