Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure I buy this notion that we bought well enough during the summer because ndombele despite having a few silky skills looks too injury prone and not strong enough for the league.
Lo celsco also looks lost on the few occasions that we have seen him and if these were pochs most wanted purchases then I'm slightly concerned, can see one or both of these being sold off and back to square one again with rebuilding.

The man's task is incredibly difficult.

At his age and the way he is he will need to be backed in the next 2 windows or he is gone by this time next year.

That might be the case regardless.

Thing is we have to be realistic; Trophies may come IF JM can amount to more than our net spend... Even if we back our manager to the tune of whatever the club can genuinely afford, we aren't going to win a battle of the cheque-books.

Our new stadium was about closing the gap; it won't make us richer than City, Utd, Chavs, Liverpool.
I just hope Jose and those who work closely with him can Spot potential and someone who is likely to hit the ground running and not take 2 seasons to get up to speed , your right we aren’t likely to be competing with the top clubs for the finished articles , but the signings of Ndombele for instance show the club are now prepared to go out and get there targets, let’s just hope we have more dele Ali’s and less Nikodus under Jose

I think I'm missing something with Biesla. I get that he has a great understanding of the game and he's come up with some cutting edge tactics, but he's been a manager for 30 years and he's only won 3 Argentinian titles and an Olympic gold medal. And despite all the love he gets from Pep, Poch etc. It's not like Europe's top clubs are falling over themselves to get him in. Genuine question, would you really want him as Spurs' next manager, and what would be the caveats you mentioned?
And that's why I caveated him.

There is no doubt his football is relevant, he's transformed Leeds and how they play, just as he did so with OM and others. So his biggest tick and why I included him is because I simply love how his teams play football, all the fans of the clubs he's been there long enough to adapt and implement to his game all adore his football too.

But, the caveat comes in with the relationship he has with the board(s). I think (I don't know for certain) that there is a load of shit written about him being ultra-difficult. There are loads of things that support him being a highly practical man, that understands the situation the club might be in and therefore the resources available to him, in every case where there's been a falling out it's mooted because the board lied about the resources promised. He takes no prisoners and if promises aren't kept that were agreed he takes no shit and walks. It's said he's a highly honourable person, he's gives everything and expects the same back.

I honestly don't know why massive clubs don't come in for him (maybe they have) but suspect because he couldn't give two fucks if you're Real Madrid, Man U or Leeds or OM he'll treat them all the same, plays no lip service because of reputation???? Also, being at a top club means you have to be as good with the corp. stuff as you are with the football, I just think he's not the right man (in the eyes of the Boards) to have as your manager and then get him to wear the Hugo Boss rollnecks as part of the sponsorship deal??

Last edited:
And that's why I caveated him.

There is no doubt his football is relevant, he's transformed Leeds and how they play, just as he did so with OM and others. So his biggest tick and why I included him is because I simply love how his teams play football, all the fans of the clubs he's been there long enough to adapt and implement to his game all adore his football too.

But, the caveat comes in with the relationship he has with the board(s). I think (I don't know for certain) that there is a load of shit written about him being ultra-difficult. There are loads of things that support him being a highly practicle man, that understands the situation the club migh be in and therfre the resources available to him, in every case where there's been a falling out it's mooted because the board lied about the resources promised. He takes no prisoners and if he's been dealt a hand that was first agreed he takes no shit and walks. It's said he's a highly honourable person, he'ss give everything and expects the same back.

I honestly don't know why massive clubs don't come in for him (maybe they have) but suspect because he couldn't give two fucks if you're Real Madrid, Man U or Leeds or OM he'll treat them all the same, plays no lip service because of reputation???? Also, being at a top club means you have to be as good with the corp. stuff as you are with the football, I just think he's not the right man (in the eyes of the Boards) to have as your manager and then get him to wear the Hugo Boss rollnecks as part of the sponsorship deal??

Because he is a 64 year journey man manager who has a consistent record of falling short. And I love the notion you know his feelings towards the elite clubs - entirely predictable of someone like you to subscribe to a such an obviously faux cult of personality such as this.

Only the self appointed idiotic football intelligentsia like yourselves still rate this guy. And it’s telling that you hold his pupil Pochettino in such regard given that his career is following the exact same trajectory ( no other elite manager in the game has 0 trophies to their name at 48).

It hilarious that you’re on here claiming Mourinho is yesterday’s man and then taking up someone like Bielsa.

Last edited:
We got to the CL final and then went out and got 3 players that Poch wanted (+ a punt & loan job for the future i.e. Clarke); 2 of which had most of the forum joy-wanking.... Was it enough? Perhaps not, but in doing so we made a commitment to spending £140m... That's not doing "nothing".

So did we do "nothing" or didn't we"?????? :roll

Not disagreeing but that was probably 2 years late, the team was very much on the way down and the time to integrate players was always going to leave a large gap.

Like Ndombele.

Sometimes it is just in the mind, notwithstanding more obvious and serious injuries .
Do not get that comparison at all. Ndombele has already shown his capabilities on the field, Stones hasn't done that at City and for England too.

I like Stones but he has never performed at the level he was hyped/or expected of him. Fernando is a better CB and he's not even a CB!!

We got to the CL final and then went out and got 3 players that Poch wanted (+ a punt & loan job for the future i.e. Clarke); 2 of which had most of the forum joy-wanking.... Was it enough? Perhaps not, but in doing so we made a commitment to spending £140m... That's not doing "nothing".

So did we do "nothing" or didn't we"?????? :roll
I don't think Poch wanted Clarke, nothing was a turn of phrase to describe Levy's insufficient actions to the overall problem.

There will be no trophies under Mourinho. All he knows is how to play dated football.

This ‘dated’ football stuff is overplayed.

Modern football isn’t some mysterious dark art - it’s having fantastic full backs and pressing. If we manage to buy those full backs, Jose will be happy to play that style of football.

I don't think Poch wanted Clarke, nothing was a turn of phrase to describe Levy's insufficient actions to the overall problem.

Never mind Clarke.... He's an after thought. How about addressing the core contradiction I put to you.

Did "nothing" is BS.

This ‘dated’ football stuff is overplayed.

Modern football isn’t some mysterious dark art - it’s having fantastic full backs and pressing. If we manage to buy those full backs, Jose will be happy to play that style of football.

Yet that's SOOOOO modern football of you! Hahaha

Never mind Clarke.... He's an after thought. How about addressing the core contradiction I put to you.

Did "nothing" is BS.
Why now it's never mind Clarke? You bought him up. I just did, if you want to focus on technicalities, it can be argued that there is no such as nothing.

As I said it was a turn of phrase.

Why now it's never mind Clarke? You bought him up. I just did, if you want to focus on technicalities, it can be argued that there is no such as nothing.

Rubbish.... As articulated he wasn't even framed as significant (otherwise I would have said 4 signings and not included the caveat in brackets).

You're just using him as an 'out' to evade the point put to you.

As I said it was a turn of phrase.

Yeh..... A bullshit, disingenuous one.

Rubbish.... As articulated he wasn't even framed as significant (otherwise I would have said 4 signings and not included the caveat in brackets).

You're just using him as an 'out' to evade the point put to you.

Yeh..... A bullshit, disingenuous one.
He was a signing, significant or not and it wasn't one that Poch really wanted.

Na it wasn't want you wanted to hear, that's all. I explained myself perfectly well.

He was a signing, significant or not and it wasn't one that Poch really wanted.

So he's "significant" now? Ffs, make your mind up.....

Fine. Have it your way..... 1 of 4 signings you denied happening.

Na it wasn't want you wanted to hear, that's all. I explained myself perfectly well.

Your explanation is lame..... As is the piss poor denial your posts here are plying.

Back
Top Bottom