Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a terrible terrible thing to say about the team he is being paid handsomely to manage. How on Earth is that going to instill any kind of confidence in his players. If he genuinely said that how can any right minded Spurs follower continue to support the man?
Yep final straw for me and i hope the board. He will need a lot of those players next season and he us shitting on them to protect what little is left of his reputation which is nothing. Unacceptable behaviour and add it to wanting the season over when in 3 competitions. Great man manager apparently.

Have to say I didn’t expect it to go south this quickly admittedly we have injuries but fuck it’s like Jose three years into his reign.

Alli says our confidence is gone; job done.

He seems very quick to call out everyone else. Let’s hear a bit of real honesty- something along the lines of “Yes we have been unfortunate with injuries and no I don’t have a clue which players to play, which formation to play or how to coach them to play in any given formation.” Somehow I don’t think such an admission will be coming anytime soon.

Cant see Jose being here next season and as others have stated he's made some bizarre decisions / selections during his short tenure but lets not forget the injuries and the fact most of these players were garbage during the tail end of the Poch era.

Have to say I didn’t expect it to go south this quickly admittedly we have injuries but fuck it’s like Jose three years into his reign.

It didn't take him three years to reach this stage in United either.

The guy has built an image of himself as special, based on ancient succes, fueled by the media, and maintained by glimpses of relative success in more recent history (EL win and runner up in PL for United). Mental defense mechanism will not accept any facts that proves that this image is in correct, thus he defends himself the only way he can: by blaming his failures on external factors. The less fuel he gets to maintain his image, the more experiences he has that indicates that he is not brilliant, the more fragile he become, the more he will lash out, the more he will need to defend himself by blaming the circumstances. That's why he's done as a manager, and why we (and United) should have never hired him in the first place.

That's the cunt that he is. It is always someone else's fault. His players are always so, so shit.

These kind of messages are so detrimental, both short term and long term for the current squad, and long term for squad development, as football players need confidence in themselves and their teammates and new recruits at a reasonable level will not join a shit squad. This is a big part of why I wanted him gone from the second we hired him, and why every loss, although it hurts a bit, fills me with a bit of hope that we are one step closer to the end of his reign. The fucking selfloving, useless cunt.
But his players are definitely shit. They were shit for the previous manager and they are shit now . The only good ones are all injured except 1 or 2.

Dele - shit
Winks - stinking pile of shit
Dier - shittest
Toby - trash
Vertonghen - shit
Davies - shit

Then theres others who are completely a mixed bag like Lamela, Lucas, Aurier, Lloris, Sanchez, Sissoko

We have 3 good players with Kane, Son and Locelso

Then theres the new players who need time Bergwijn , NFatty, Sess

Overall squad = shit.

Last edited:
But his players are definitely shit. They were shit for the previous manager and they are shit now . The only good ones are all injured except 1 or 2.
We have heard about players being shit before and then Redknapp and Poch took over and miraculously Ekotto, Corluka, Dawson, Pavlychenko, Rose, Walker, Vertonghen and Dembele looked like players. They need to be well coached. We need new players but there is talent in this team they just need someone to bring it out.

Someone mentioned Mark Van Bommel in another thread.

I don't know if he'd be the manager we need, but even today, he'd be by far our best defensive midfielder.

Mourinho is a dead man walking right now. Some people say they will judge him after the summer transfer window once he's been given cash to rebuild the squad, but that's not going to happen and he's said so himself. He got a few good performances out of this squad but I don't see him bringing this team to the same level they once were or surpassing it with monopoly money to spend. It's probably best we get rid now rather than 8-10 games into next season.

The best Spurs team imo contained

Rose, Walker ,Kane ,Son ,Eriksen, Dembele, Lloris Alli ,Verts ,Toby, Lamela,Wanyama ,Davies,Tripps , Sissoko apologies if I missed anyone

Rose Walker tripps Eriksen Dembele and Wanyama are gone

Kane Son and Sissoko are injured

Lamela is finished
Verts is finished
Davies Toby and Lloris have got worse
Alli is ridiculously out of form

Unfair to hold any of the previous 4 seasons up as a benchmark against Jose.

Mourinho is a dead man walking right now. Some people say they will judge him after the summer transfer window once he's been given cash to rebuild the squad, but that's not going to happen and he's said so himself. He got a few good performances out of this squad but I don't see him bringing this team to the same level they once were or surpassing it with monopoly money to spend. It's probably best we get rid now rather than 8-10 games into next season.

please remind me of those good performances! I’ll cling onto anything at the mo!:avbpray:

unbelievably, I would now also get rid, I can’t stand Mourinho, granted, but would never have advocated such a short stint, there have been zero rays of light to give hope for next season.

We have been abject.

Last edited:
please remind me of those good performances! I’ll cling onto anything at the mo!:avbpray:

unbelievably, I would now also get rid, I can’t stand Mourinho, granted, but would never have advocated such a short stint, but there have been zero rays of light to give hope for next season.

We have been abject.
Well I thought we would get smashed against Liverpool but churned out a pretty good performance.

The best Spurs team imo contained

Rose, Walker ,Kane ,Son ,Eriksen, Dembele, Lloris Alli ,Verts ,Toby, Lamela,Wanyama ,Davies,Tripps , Sissoko apologies if I missed anyone

Rose Walker tripps Eriksen Dembele and Wanyama are gone

Kane Son and Sissoko are injured

Lamela is finished

Verts is finished
Davies Toby and Lloris have got worse
Alli is ridiculously out of form

Unfair to hold any of the previous 4 seasons up as a benchmark against Jose.
Finished? When did he get going?

I said I won't judge him too soon, so I won't do it. However, last night's performance scared me. It was as if the players no longer cared about anything. I hope it's not them giving up on the manager because that will only make our situation worse.

Back
Top Bottom