Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The guy could care less about Spurs...he's just sitting on his arse in Bermuda watching the cheques flow in...

Yeah Lewis doesn't give a shit. Levy does though. Trouble is, Levy's negotiating skill and eye for the market and the tactical acumen of the manager he's apparently long sought are the perfect combination to dominate the European football of about 2007.

They're yesterday's men.

Exactly.

I don't think it's the manager's fault. Doesn't matter if we're talking about Poch or Mourinho.

Poch warned 10 months ago that the squad needed refreshing and that we were looking at a "painful" rebuild.

He knew exactly what he was talking about, and this is what it looks like. The fact that Kane and Son are hurt has just emphasized how bad the rest of the squad is right now.

This is correct. However who do you trust more to rebuild a squad from scratch? Who is better at giving confidence in a tough situation?

I can just imagine the last guy saying “I am not worried, Eric Dier played striker for his school team, he has the experience and we believe in him, we believe in them all, the club understands that the players are heroes in this moment”

Yeah Lewis doesn't give a shit. Levy does though. Trouble is, Levy's negotiating skill and eye for the market and the tactical acumen of the manager he's apparently long sought are the perfect combination to dominate the European football of about 2007.

They're yesterday's men.
Exactly. Levy shown up by Paul Mitchell and Jose shown up by Naigglesmann. Couldn’t be more fitting.

What?

You think we're much better than Everton without Kane/Son/Sissoko?

My point was even without those three players, we should expect some improvement in the football, and it hasn't happened.

....But Jose himself wouldn't be any more capable if he took over Everton.

Also, if your system relies upon a ST and a core that is used to playing together (which Everton at the very least had) then it's a different kind of handicap.

Sorry if I'm missing the point.

This is correct. However who do you trust more to rebuild a squad from scratch? Who is better at giving confidence in a tough situation?

I can just imagine the last guy saying “I am not worried, Eric Dier played striker for his school team, he has the experience and we believe in him, we believe in them all, the club understands that the players are heroes in this moment”

....But you don't want Jose either; so what's the underlying point of the contradiction you pose with your question?

Lewis sets the financial agenda btw. Levy is just the bouncer at the door.

True but Levy is the largest shareholder in ENIC after Lewis and Lewis won't get rid of him just like that.

Levy's been in charge for nearly 20 years and in that time we've only won one trophy and he's still here.

That says it all.

Levy's going nowhere.

This is pretty shocking, and I can't imagine why he would say this.

He went from praising his players that they are leaving it all on the pitch and sacrificing so much to play, and then says this??

Craziness.
His reverted to type.

All that talk about how his changed meant nothing because the moment it didnt go his way he began throwing anyone and everyone unde the bus.

His at the end of his 3 year cycle but it's only taken him 5 months to get there

His reverted to type.

All that talk about how his changed meant nothing because the moment it didnt go his way he began throwing anyone and everyone unde the bus.

His at the end of his 3 year cycle but it's only taken him 5 months to get there

He's/He has.

He's/He is.

:avbpray:

Honestly Poch's optimism was gone a long time ago.

That might have been the guy we had when we started, but it certainly wasn't the guy we had as of about a year ago.

Pumping everyone's tires works in the right situation. This thing is so far gone right now that a different approach probably wouldn't have any different results.

This team has failed miserably in their recruitment over the past 4 years. Looking at the squad, our best players are all guys recruited within the first 12 months of Pochettino's appointment as manager. Nothing we've added over the last five years has made any tangible impact on the squad's performance.

The defense is old and washed up, the midfield is severely lacking talent without Eriksen, Dembele and Wanyama (prior to his knee issues), and our attack is missing about half our goals right now without Kane and Son.

This team is a shell of the one we had three years ago, and the primary reason for that is because for five years we haven't brought in a single world class player. That's just shocking for a team who claims to have any ambition to win titles.

They're not idiots they're just passionate about their football club.

Some of them definitely are!

If nobody moaned or criticized this forum would be boring as the debate would cease.

Debate for the sake of it sounds a bit futile to me.

Let's face it few rarely change their mind based on another's opinion about anything anyway.... I'm largely here for the exchange of information and some giggles.

They're not idiots they're just passionate about their football club.

If nobody moaned or criticized this forum would be boring as the debate would cease.
Fucking wise up, there is nothing to debate...they're not leaving and no amount of passionate chest beating or teeth gnashing will make any fucking difference...

Back
Top Bottom