Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of them definitely are!

Debate for the sake of it sounds a bit futile to me.

Let's face it few rarely change their mind based on another's opinion about anything anyway.... I'm largely here for the exchange of information and some giggles.

We all know whatever we say on here isnt going to change a thing but the passion and difference of opinion is what makes places like these worthwhile.

I dont bother moaning about levy because his the owner and you csnt kick someone out of something they own but if it hurts them half as much as it does me with mourinho I totally get the need to vent.

Anger is genuinely all I feel now. I despise Mourinho and everything he stands for but I honestly don’t really blame him. Whoever sanctioned his appointment, be it Levy, Lewis, or someone on the board, could very well have completely and utterly fucked us for the foreseeable future. Bar a very small number, the vast majority of Spurs fans (even the ones who feigned support in his early weeks) knew deep down that this was an utterly ridiculous appointment that was absolutely destined to fail. The guy is 1) way way way past his best and 2) completely and utterly incompatible with almost every aspect of the football club and the people running it.
The way we are playing right now is absolutely comparable to how Mourinhos previous clubs have all played in his final weeks with them. He has NEVER managed to turn it around when his teams begin to play like this and I will be absolutely astounded if he manages to do it with Spurs.
Where do we go from here? Who knows. Not a hope we will sack him because 1) Daniel Levy and ENIC will not want to look like utter mugs and 2) it will cost too much. So do we do what United do and buy him the players he wants and hope for the best? Bring in a DOF? Hope he resigns? I haven’t a scooby doo, and I’d bet my bottom dollar the club doesn’t either.
It’s an absolute, grade A pile of dung of a mess, one that only Tottenham Hotspur could manage to make.

let’s do what United did then
buy him some players and win things
don't we all want that?

I don’t really buy into this idea that Jose is slating the team.

He has been effusive in his praise recently. That they are heroes, that their efforts are incredible. I think he is trying to shield them.

If he simply said ‘I think the team did well and tried their best’, a lot of the people feigning outrage would flip their opinion and say ‘no, the team did not do well, they’re SHIT!’

The brutal fact is that this team is out on its feet. It’s the eighth round, our face is beaten to a pulp but we don’t have a towel to throw in. We can pretend there’s some tactical magic to be had, to turn it all around, but there really isn’t.

let’s do what United did then
buy him some players and win things
don't we all want that?
Can you see Levy forking out £90million on a midfielder for Jose to fall out with or £60million on centre halves for Jose not to play them and complain and moan about how he was never supported?

I don’t really buy into this idea that Jose is slating the team.

He has been effusive in his praise recently. That they are heroes, that their efforts are incredible. I think he is trying to shield them.

If he simply said ‘I think the team did well and tried their best’, a lot of the people feigning outrage would flip their opinion and say ‘no, the team did not do well, they’re SHIT!’

The brutal fact is that this team is out on its feet. It’s the eighth round, our face is beaten to a pulp but we don’t have a towel to throw in. We can pretend there’s some tactical magic to be had, to turn it all around, but there really isn’t.
People who think that he is slating the players are most likely going off of isolated bites out of his interviews and press conferences. Which are spread by lazy journalists/bloggers for cheap clicks.

If you listen to his full press conferences what he says makes sense 9 times out of 10. Even if you don't necessarily agree with it.

Can you see Levy forking out £90million on a midfielder for Jose to fall out with or £60million on centre halves for Jose not to play them and complain and moan about how he was never supported?
Yep. He had 5 centre backs at United, 2 of which he'd bought for £60m and then spent a summer whining that he could do nothing because they wouldnt give him money for a centre back. People that want to keep him well thats what we're heading for in June, July and August and every time we lose a game thereafter.

Yes he will fork out the cash in the Summer but those conditions won’t apply

I hope Levy is on the phone to Poch begging him to come back. Jose is past it and a toxic influence on the club. Sack him now before it's too late.
Poch ended up being the same, but at least football under him was watchable.

I'd hope a brave new world is coming to Spurs with a new fresh exciting manager building his own team.

I hope Levy is on the phone to Poch begging him to come back. Jose is past it and a toxic influence on the club. Sack him now before it's too late.
Yeah, bring back a manager that was sacked for poor results, Levy is really going to do that.

How about supporting the current manager?

Yeah, bring back a manager that was sacked for poor results, Levy is really going to do that.

How about supporting the current manager?
What is there to support? His comments about the RB Leipzig subs all making our first 11 doesn't exactly inspire confidence in him from me or more importantly our own players. It wouldn't surprise me if the players down tools to get him sacked the way he is talking about them.

Back
Top Bottom