Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Do you accept Jose Mourinho as your saviour?

• Yes

Votes: 326 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 172 34.5%

• Total voters
When have you seen this? All I've read is that he wasn't his first option.
That's fair enough:

"Initially – and I’m always very honest on this – he wasn’t my first option when we decided to make a movement in the winter. But in the end, a great decision".

That quote read to me that the club made the call not him.

Comment
So presumably Levy signed him but surely he received advice from someone?
Yes, although little has been said of the group who make up the transfer decisions since Poch left. It was Levy, Poch, McDermott and Hitchen. Two of them have left (Poch & McDermott) and only one has been replaced. I am assuming that Hitchen is still there only because I've not heard an announcement saying he's gone.

Comment

MVP

🌽🥝🥑🥥🍊
That's fair enough:

"Initially – and I’m always very honest on this – he wasn’t my first option when we decided to make a movement in the winter. But in the end, a great decision".

That quote read to me that the club made the call not him.
As much as I dislike ENIC, it could have been that his first option was too expensive or just not available.

Comment
As much as I dislike ENIC, it could have been that his first option was too expensive or just not available.
Yep absolutely and I'm not going to get all upity over what is an interpretation of words.

I'm delighted that we've signed him and I don't think he gets enough minutes, specifically I'd don't see why Lucas is selected over him (when fit). Everything I've seen from him suggests he's miles better than Lucas.

I think Lucas is a terrific squad option and having the ability to bring him on is good for us, but I'm not inspired when I see him in the starting 11.

Comment

Airfixx

Eroding the true defnition of glory since 1976...
Once. Poch wanted Mane we got sissoko, Rednapp wanted Tecez and Cahill we got Saha and Nelson. Do you see a pattern emerging? FFS wake up you mug levy fanboys and enic are holding us back
GLC?

SESSENGON?

That's three times in one window!

Alderwiereld?

Wanyama?

Sanchez?

Tevez was at City in 2010 - He wasn't coming here you muppet.

If you have a valid point; it shouldn't require bullshit to establish it.

Comment

Knightbillynick

The boards guvenor I out the wrongdoing
GLC?

SESSENGON?

That's three times in one window!

Alderwiereld?

Wanyama?

Sanchez?

Tevez was at City in 2010 - He wasn't coming here you muppet.

If you have a valid point; it shouldn't require bullshit to establish it.
So that's not true regarding Tevez and Cahill?
You are what is wrong with this club and the reason we win fuck all.
We wanted Shneiderlin but got the cheapest option in Santana.
Sessegnion have a word he's shit
Oh and you are a cunt

Comment

Airfixx

Eroding the true defnition of glory since 1976...
So that's not true regarding Tevez....?
Nope; it's not.

We wanted Shneiderlin but got the cheapest option in Santana.
Hahahah... You're an absolute shambles.

Sessegnion have a word he's shit
Who was FIRST choice then? .....He wasn't "cheap" either.

You're such a knuckle-dragging neanderthal you can't even maintain focus upon what you're actually arguing.

Comment

Knightbillynick

The boards guvenor I out the wrongdoing
Nope; it's not.

Hahahah... You're an absolute shambles.

Who was FIRST choice then? .....He wasn't "cheap" either.

You're such a knuckle-dragging neanderthal you can't even maintain focus upon what you're actually arguing.
Boom now fuck off levy fanboy

Comment

JohnH

Supporter
❌ ❌ 🔥 ❌ ❌
"The chairman would have loved Tevez but it wasn't do-able because his wages are whatever they are, £200,000-a-week. Daniel made some enquiries about Tevez and if he could have done it, the chairman would have."

:harrysmile:

Comment
Top Bottom