Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is normal for Mourinho to be a cover name.
It is written about Spurs:

“Tottenham after years of austerity on the market would be willing to put his hand to the portfolio to strengthen the team in the weak points. The names that tickle Mourinho most are those of the two Brazilians, considered the most suitable for characteristics in the English championship.”

David Luiz and a swansong for Paulinho..... :pochcry:

........Or the legend that is this guy:

Leandro-Damiao-008.jpg

:pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail:

Why? He is on a decent wage and can live at home in Chelsea and there are no expectations on him, if he gets top 4 next season and wins a cup he will be considered a success here
In my eyes I think he is one of the all time great managers, but I also don't think he will achieve what you have mentioned in your post.
Sadly I think with the lack of funds and some fans still pining for poch, I think he will be gone before his contact is up.

In my eyes I think he is one of the all time great managers, but I also don't think he will achieve what you have mentioned in your post.
Sadly I think with the lack of funds and some fans still pining for poch, I think he will be gone before his contact is up.
The stats don’t lie, he is defiantly one of the greats and should be seen as a coup, but even appointing Jose some people see this as a stick to beat levy with as they say he is passed it because of his time at United , not going to lie if he won the same at spurs as he did at United I would love it

The stats don’t lie, he is defiantly one of the greats and should be seen as a coup, but even appointing Jose some people see this as a stick to beat levy with as they say he is passed it because of his time at United , not going to lie if he won the same at spurs as he did at United I would love it
Signing a legend on their way down isn't a coup.

It wouldn't be a coup signing Messi 6 months after he suffered a career ending injury.

You'd love winning cups we don't even want to be in?? Desperation is setting in big style.

You'd love winning cups we don't even want to be in?? Desperation is setting in big style.
Who wouldn't want to win some cups? I know Kane himself would love a league Cup, or Europa League. Realistically we won't make top 4, and I don't see City being properly punished so I personally would love a Europe league win next season. It's laughable that some people aren't interested in trophies because it isn't the league or champions League.

It wouldn't be a coup signing Messi 6 months after he suffered a career ending injury.

So only the EPL or the CL are acceptable trophies?

.....Were you not disappointed to be knocked out of the LC semi's last year?

(Maybe you do hold us to such high standards, but pls don't bitch about the club being concerned with sustaining top 4 as a minimum target if that's the case then, because that's an intrinsic part of the equation.)

Personally I have no issue with the EL and would be chuffed to win it.... Add a domestic cup in the same season and I'd be over the moon.

(Personally, I think you're just shit-talking in order to to stick it to the manager....)

(Maybe you do hold us to such high standards, but pls don't bitch about the club being concerned with sustaining top 4 as a minimum target if that's the case then, because that's an intrinsic part of the equation.)

Personally I have no issue with the EL and would be chuffed to win it.... Add a domestic cup in the same season and I'd be over the moon.

(Personally, I think you're just shit-talking in order to to stick it to the manager....)
I would settle for a Johnstone paint trophy win does that count...

So you want top 4 so that we can get CL football but you'd be happy winning the Europa League?

Well since the two don't tie in with each other, you usual arguing just for the sake of looking smart is rather dumb.

So decide which competition you want to be in and decide if you'd be happy with us in massive unworkable debt to win trophies that the big boys dont care so much about.

Didn't Jose take Man Ure from FA cup winners to Carabou cup winners? Is that a good thing?

Yeah I’d love to win anything at the minute mate, I have forgot what it feels like to win, I think the saying is beggars can’t be choosers!

So you want top 4 so that we can get CL football but you'd be happy winning the Europa League?

You're barking up the wrong tree...

Well since the two don't tie in with each other, you usual arguing just for the sake of looking smart is rather dumb.

....Still are.

So decide which competition you want to be in and decide if you'd be happy with us in massive unworkable debt to win trophies that the big boys dont care so much about.

Us aspiring to the highest level possible doesn't make the EL is a futile victory....

Pretty sure the Chav players and fans alike still celebrated winning it last tear.

As did United's lot.... Both teams with EPL & Champions League victories under their belts.

Beneath us tho', right?

Didn't Jose take Man Ure from FA cup winners to Carabou cup winners? Is that a good thing

Nope...

Accurately speaking; From FA Cup winners to EL and LC winners in the same season (+ the added bonus of back to the CL in the process).

I'd take the latter hands down.

Yeah I’d love to win anything at the minute mate, I have forgot what it feels like to win, I think the saying is beggars can’t be choosers!
I remember saying i wanted to win the FA cup a few seasons ago to start a winning habit, but no, that wasn't good enough we needed to be aiming higher.

Now, having threatened to go better and supposedly having this uber manager, we're wanting league cups and Euro league.

If Jose didn't get top 4 and "successfully" got us into the Europa League, would he be around the next season?

I remember saying i wanted to win the FA cup a few seasons ago to start a winning habit, but no, that wasn't good enough we needed to be aiming higher.

Now, having threatened to go better and supposedly having this uber manager, we're wanting league cups and Euro league.

If Jose didn't get top 4 and "successfully" got us into the Europa League, would he be around the next season?

I was right; this is about manager-bashing for you... Not our trophy cabinet.

No I think barring this season the minimum Jose needs is CL for his job to be secure , if he fails to get that next season he will be gone, and I think you was right a few seasons back about building the winning mentality, and it’s a shame poch saw the smaller cups as beneath him

No I think barring this season the minimum Jose needs is CL for his job to be secure , if he fails to get that next season he will be gone, and I think you was right a few seasons back about building the winning mentality, and it’s a shame poch saw the smaller cups as beneath him
Poch was a great fella, but he fell short of installing a winning mentality but he got close but not close enough.

Could, probably will be the case and the next guy in will have the same remit and.......fail due to lack of investment etc then the next and next and we will rewind a decade ago with no consistency in the managers position and back to square one but if during each appointment the league or F.A cup was to appear I think then I’d think that would be in some way consolation but will they appear and be draped in blue and white ribbons or will Mr Levy have one aim and one aim only?

Back
Top Bottom