Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You said the way I support Spurs is "half the problem".

How do you support us and why isn't it a problem? What makes you a "big-time supporter" and what specifically are you doing that I'm not that enables the team to win the trophies you crave?

Make this my first day at "big-time supporter" school and tell me step by step how I can support Spurs the right way, the way that you do. Talk me through your match day rituals that will ensure we win trophies. I'm here to learn.

OK then I'll take you at your word, "start afresh" means starting on zero points the same as everyone else. It doesn't mean buying or selling players, you will judge him solely on his ability with this team next season?
I said half our fan base are just happy to reach a final , that is the problem, I bet your the kind of guy that thinks everyone should get a medal at sports day as it’s the taking part that counts? I’m sorry to break it to you but football is about winning , the game is about glory, and ultimately there was fuck all glory when we bottled it on the biggest stage in Spain, but if you can somehow take glory from that then fair play to you, Maybe the club should release a DVD celebrating our big day out in Spain as it was such a great achievement, I’m surprised Harry hasn’t named his son Madrid to remind him of that successful night when we lost the CL final!

I genuinely don't get this first sentence? Please explain.

We achieved more last season than we did this season. Is that not possible to grasp?

but we didn’t 😂😂 we achieved nothing last season. We achieved nothing this season. When are you going to get into you’re head dude, winning trophies is an achievement. Not winning anything isn’t an achievement. You achieve success by winning silverware. Getting to a final and losing it isn’t achieving success.

Jose 23 trophies , poch 0 :mourbringit:

Jose has never managed a club this small within its respected league though.

So can you really compare?

If Poch had also managed the best teams in Portugal, Italy, Spain and England and won 0, I'd understand.

Its an unfair comparison.

Yes, Mourinho has shown to be a winner. But not at Spurs yet, so right now, hes on the same amount of trophies as Pochettino. Let's see what he can do next season.

If Poch had also managed the best teams in Portugal, Italy, Spain and England and won 0, I'd understand.

Yes, Mourinho has shown to be a winner. But not at Spurs yet, so right now, hes on the same amount of trophies as Pochettino. Let's see what he can do next season.
What do you mean a small club? We got to the champions league final last season, which in itself is one of the biggest achievements known to man ! :mourthumb:

No, you have the bizarre notion that people think it ended that night.

Instead of understanding that people felt the same pride in seeing this team win a CL semi final, the first in its history, in unbelievable circumstances as they did when we beat Avram Grants Chelsea.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

We would all love to win the shitty league Cup again. Its a trophy and for some that means they will stop being bullied by their Woolwich and Chelsea chums.
Hmmmm maybe you missed the part where people claimed it’s better than winning a cup

Not the same, but better.

What do you mean a small club? We got to the champions league final last season, which in itself is one of the biggest achievements known to man ! :mourthumb:

So are you saying Mourinho took CL finalists who finished 4th the year before, got them knocked out of the FA Cup by Norwich and had them finish 6th?

Surely not?

Hahaha, what a crock of shit

Do people actually realise that the only people who remember our semi final last year are Spurs and Ajax fans?

Imagine West Ham fans telling their grandkids about the biggest achievement in their history being winning a semi final
What is a crock of shit is saying that people will not remember.

I still remember Chavs getting to the final and losing. I still remember the scum getting to the CL Final and loosing. I remember Dortmund getting to the final, Atleti getting to the final.

Every year I hear people say "you don't hear people talking about Newcastle not winning the PL". Whilst remembering about Newcastle not winning the PL!! EVERY fucking year for the past twenty-three years of pretending not to remember.

Pardew has never managed Real Madrid so can you really say SAF was better?
Probably not

I never really understood the trophies vs competition discussion, as that's a purely hypothetical debate. For the club's sustained success, in terms of money and attractiveness to players, we need to consistently feature in the top 4 challenge. That does not preclude us from taking any competition seriously. Yes, we may have injuries and squad management challenges, but I don't think anyone would have a problem with the gaffer if he had to juggle his line-up to deal with this pragmatically. It's something else, however, to deliberately turn your nose up at any competition.

What is a crock of shit is saying that people will not remember.

I still remember Chavs getting to the final and losing. I still remember the scum getting to the CL Final and loosing. I remember Dortmund getting to the final, Atleti getting to the final.

Every year I hear people say "you don't hear people talking about Newcastle not winning the PL". Whilst remembering about Newcastle not winning the PL!! EVERY fucking year for the past twenty-three years of pretending not to remember.
Do you remember their fans celebrating winning the semi final 18 months after losing the final though

Was still a fantastic achievement. He won the champions league ffs with Porto. Do you know how much of an achievement that is? Clearly not

Im talking domestically. You can't compare Mourinhos 23 trophies to Pochettinos 0 when one has had the benefit of managing mostly the biggest and most expensive clubs from the leagues hes managed in to Poch who managed relegation battlers Espanol, newly promoted Southampton and perennial underachievers Tottenham.

Mourinho and Pochettinos only comparison now is that they are on 0 trophies with Spurs. Mourinho has his chance next season.

Back
Top Bottom