Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Do you accept Jose Mourinho as your saviour?

• Yes

Votes: 337 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 171 33.7%

• Total voters

Gatsby

21 slice Pizza Hut buffet champion 2013.
Speak for yourself, Chelsea and City are the plague to this sport and have killed the game.

I actually think what you just said is the reason football is dying.
I’d rather see Tanganga and Skipp develop like Kane and King than buy some hyped Dutch equivalents for 170M
Whilst I enjoy seeing the youth come through, how many have been successful? Kane for sure.. Winks? Skipp? Tanganga? Remains to be seen, and has it won us a trophy? No.

Kane and Son aren't going to stick around because the like seeing Harvey White being given a chance in the first team. They want trophies, I want trophies, you want trophies. The only way to get that is to improve the squad.

There's people on here moaning about Chelsea spending £80m on Havertz, but then moaning Levy is too tight. You can't have it both ways! We'd love Levy to do that, but he won't.

Are you saying you'd rather seeing 5 academy graduates succeed than win the league?

Comment
Levy really went all the way to the top of the stadium in an attempt to avoid taking transfers with Mourinho.

Didn’t work apparently. :moursmall:

Comment

Airfixx

Eroding the true defnition of glory since 1976...
We all slate Chelsea and City for being run my mafias and oil rigs and buying the league , but let’s not kid ourselves, we’d be over the moon if Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos bought Spurs tomorrow and spent £400m on players.
Speak for yourself fella... Let's not make such assumptions about other people's principals.

Sportswashing oil criminals and murderous, oppressive regimes are not on my wishlist. It will be the death-knell of my interest in the modern game if my team succumbs to such.... And I know from previous discussion here; I'm not the only one.

Do Gates & Bezos equate to the above.... Nope.

Comment
Whilst I enjoy seeing the youth come through, how many have been successful? Kane for sure.. Winks? Skipp? Tanganga? Remains to be seen, and has it won us a trophy? No.

Kane and Son aren't going to stick around because the like seeing Harvey White being given a chance in the first team. They want trophies, I want trophies, you want trophies. The only way to get that is to improve the squad.

There's people on here moaning about Chelsea spending £80m on Havertz, but then moaning Levy is too tight. You can't have it both ways! We'd love Levy to do that, but he won't.

Are you saying you'd rather seeing 5 academy graduates succeed than win the league?
No I’m saying I’d rather academy graduates succeed and we win the league.

Sorry I don’t want to wake up tomorrow and we have signed PSG

Last edited:
Comment
I’m not bothered about a good net spend. That’s not something to celebrate unless you’re Levy or Lewis.

We all slate Chelsea and City for being run my mafias and oil rigs and buying the league , but let’s not kid ourselves, we’d be over the moon if Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos bought Spurs tomorrow and spent £400m on players.
Meant to add the net spend quip wasn’t to praise us at all it was to show how good a job Poch did but there comes a time you need backing. They failed Redknapp and they failed Poch IMO

Comment
No. Much as I love Spurs there is no way I would follow the club if Gates backed us. And for anyone who disagrees then do some research
No businessman at any blue ribbon company around the world is a nice man, they earn their money by being clever ruthless cunts.
Do you honestly think that Lewis and levy are honest by the book people then you are delusional.

Comment
Meant to add the net spend quip wasn’t to praise us at all it was to show how good a job Poch did but there comes a time you need backing. They failed Redknapp and they failed Poch IMO
If getting to the CL final was such a massive achievement, and we did that without Kane for practically 4 legs of the quarters and semis, plus no Dembele, is it fair to suggest that the back up actually wasn’t that bad?

Or are you sticking to your “Poch is Jesus” weirdoism?

Comment
You don’t bring on a 17yr old to save games with 15 minutes left, it’s the stuff that can break a career before it’s started.
Look at all the shit on here when he missed the penalty, you don’t throw a kid his debut in heated circumstances under massive pressure
That's utter crap you throw someone on if they are good enough. Troy was killing it in every team he played in the natural place to go was in to the first team. Look at Rooney greenwood , Rashford and many others.If you have someone who has handled the pressure in making his international debut and who has been superb in the u 18 and 23's you give him a go . He may not be as good as those players but he might be. Instead Jose stopped him playing in the youth set up slated him in the press. Instead of giving more confidence he did the opposite just to make a point to Levy to try and get him to sign a striker in January

Comment
That's utter crap you throw someone on if they are good enough. Troy was killing it in every team he played in the natural place to go was in to the first team. Look at Rooney greenwood , Rashford and many others.If you have someone who has handled the pressure in making his international debut and who has been superb in the u 18 and 23's you give him a go . He may not be as good as those players but he might be. Instead Jose stopped him playing in the youth set up slated him in the press. Instead of giving more confidence he did the opposite just to make a point to Levy to try and get him to sign a striker in January
You’re first line answered your own rant.
Maybe he was deemed not good enough....not everyone is Rooney now are they, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this situation

Comment
If getting to the CL final was such a massive achievement, and we did that without Kane for practically 4 legs of the quarters and semis, plus no Dembele, is it fair to suggest that the back up actually wasn’t that bad?

Or are you sticking to your “Poch is Jesus” weirdoism?
You can acknowledge the wonderful CL run and also still say it papered over the cracks in the squad (shown by the horrible league form throughout 2019). Both are possible.

Poch wasn’t perfect but he’d earned the right to rebuild the team. That was my stance. However by the end too much had gone down.

Comment
You can acknowledge the wonderful CL run and also still say it papered over the cracks in the squad (shown by the horrible league form throughout 2019). Both are possible.

Poch wasn’t perfect but he’d earned the right to rebuild the team. That was my stance. However by the end too much had gone down.
Yes but you’re not just “acknowledging” at all.
You said ENIC had made “stratospheric” improvements in the same post you called them bottlers.

If you don’t find that a massive contradiction then I can’t help you out here.

What you are talking about, with the CL final, is acknowledging that the team and manager did well to get there but ultimately failed at the last hurdle due to tactics, nerves, mentality and performance.

That night was not ENIC bottling it, because they didn’t buy Wan Bissaka and Grealish.

I don’t think the transfer window cost us this one specific game, do you?

Comment
Yes but you’re not just “acknowledging” at all.
You said ENIC had made “stratospheric” improvements in the same post you called them bottlers.

If you don’t find that a massive contradiction then I can’t help you out here.

What you are talking about, with the CL final, is acknowledging that the team and manager did well to get there but ultimately failed at the last hurdle due to tactics, nerves, mentality and performance.

That night was not ENIC bottling it, because they didn’t buy Wan Bissaka and Grealish.

I don’t think the transfer window cost us this one specific game, do you?
how’s that a massive contradiction? They’ve improved the infrastructure tenfold, and Laid a great foundation down, brought the club into the modern era etc.

However when it comes to transfers - yes they’ve bottled it time and again because they are penny wise pound foolish. GKN and Janssen instead of Mane is a prime example, whoever sanctioned buying Aurier over Ricardo Pereira should be sacked (that’s not hindsight talking). Thinking you can do nothing in 2018 and expect improvement/standing pat is madness.

Just look at Liverpool between 2017and 2019. Every year a couple of big pieces/quality depth being created. Lost 4 finals. Still Heavily bolstered the squad, now winners. That’s The difference.

Comment
Top Bottom