Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Do you accept Jose Mourinho as your saviour?

• Yes

Votes: 337 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 171 33.7%

• Total voters
Jose had an expensive shit squad though.
I posted it and asked you who you would want?

You ran off like a little bitch so don’t bring it up again as if we haven’t been there.
From that squad, Zlatan and De Gea would have improved us and that’s with De Gea as back up.
Pogba and Martial if you want some more expensive crap stinking up the place, but don’t fucking tell me that squad was good because it cost a lot.

Was Andy Carroll one of England’s all time best strikers to you? No, so drop the bullshit and debate like an adult.
I didn’t see this so I’ll address it now:
Jose had an expensive shit squad though.
I posted it and asked you who you would want?

You ran off like a little bitch so don’t bring it up again as if we haven’t been there.
From that squad, Zlatan and De Gea would have improved us and that’s with De Gea as back up.
Pogba and Martial if you want some more expensive crap stinking up the place, but don’t fucking tell me that squad was good because it cost a lot.

Was Andy Carroll one of England’s all time best strikers to you? No, so drop the bullshit and debate like an adult.
I love how this implies that Jose had no say in the players brought in - the vast majority of his signings fit the Mourinho profile so what you’re really admitting to Is that Jose needs a blank chequebook to gorge on his increasingly horrific taste in players. £370-400 mil (depending on bonus). Trash trash trash.

DDG and Martial aren’t his signings btw.

Comment
I didn’t see this so I’ll address it now:

I love how this implies that Jose had no say in the players brought in - the vast majority of his signings fit the Mourinho profile so what you’re really admitting to Is that Jose needs a blank chequebook to gorge on his increasingly horrific taste in players. £370-400 mil (depending on bonus). Trash trash trash.

DDG and Martial aren’t his signings btw.
No implication whatsoever. He may have made the mistake of signing a load of shite for big money, but the difference is he still finished second and won a cup double with them.

More than we did with the “best squad and manager” for 30 years....

Comment
No implication whatsoever. He may have made the mistake of signing a load of shite for big money, but the difference is he still finished second and won a cup double with them.

More than we did with the “best squad and manager” for 30 years....
This shows they still had enough top end talent to make the difference (I.e. Zlatan, Pogba, DDG) to cover up squad flaws.

Spurs simply can’t afford a repeat of such financial waste. We’d be ruined

Comment
This shows they still had enough top end talent to make the difference (I.e. Zlatan, Pogba, DDG) to cover up squad flaws.

Spurs simply can’t afford a repeat of such financial waste. We’d be ruined
Good point, but they were still players he brought in to compensate.
Zlatan was free, and to be fair Pogba has never been a 90M talent.
Pretty shit player if you ask me.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that Llorente and Janssen weren’t decent back up at 35M combined.
One had just scored 15 PL goals from the bench and one had just scored 35 in Holland and was just 21.

The manager under used them because his tactic was “Kane”.
Doesn’t make them bad buys at the time of buying though . The same could be said for many players Poch cast aside.
Jose got the rabble to win stuff. We just dumped ours.

Last edited:
Comment

Mrs Perryman

Supporter
I'm a Cockney Malteser 👑
well yeh mate because this club are forever the bridesmaids but never the brides. If we are going to get to any more finals, then we need to go about bloody winning the thing. How many more times do we keep saying “ well we was unlucky , next time “ , it’s about time this club achieved proper success. Proper success and accomplishment is winning the final, not losing it.
I do wonder if we had won the League Cup against the Chavs at the beginning of Poch's tenure (insignificant trophy that some people deem it to be), it may have led to bigger things.
Actually at the time, I thought that losing might be a good thing, as it would make them more determined not to go through the agony of losing a final again!
We obviously didn't have a winner's mentality, you can't say that about Jose, he's won everything that can be won. I just hope that his winning streak hasn't come to an end.

Comment
You’re first line answered your own rant.
Maybe he was deemed not good enough....not everyone is Rooney now are they, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this situation
He was deemed good enough by everyone else bar Jose. The reason Jose did not play him was because he wanted to sign a striker. Jose has not put faith in youth players. He made to big of a deal coming out with crap each week. Giving Troy 10-15 minutes a game would not harm especially when we were losing or drawing game's. Jose is just outdated in his management style and tactics

Comment
He was deemed good enough by everyone else bar Jose. The reason Jose did not play him was because he wanted to sign a striker. Jose has not put faith in youth players. He made to big of a deal coming out with crap each week. Giving Troy 10-15 minutes a game would not harm especially when we were losing or drawing game's. Jose is just outdated in his management style and tactics
And by everyone you mean?
Don’t remember the last manager playing him do you?

I find it pathetic that you are even arguing this.
All the while I bet you didn’t mind Janssen and Llorente sitting at home over the last three years while Kane was rushed back eh?

Oh my God
SHOCK HORROR!!! CHILD STRIKER NOT GIVEN GAMES YET!!!!

Comment
I do wonder if we had won the League Cup against the Chavs at the beginning of Poch's tenure (insignificant trophy that some people deem it to be), it may have led to bigger things.
Actually at the time, I thought that losing might be a good thing, as it would make them more determined not to go through the agony of losing a final again!
We obviously didn't have a winner's mentality, you can't say that about Jose, he's won everything that can be won. I just hope that his winning streak hasn't come to an end.
People say Kane has the right to leave for silverware then act like a couple of FA Cups and a Carabou won’t curb his hunger a tad and buy us a few more years with him.

Proper weird that some people think winning certain trophies won’t keep him here, but losing certain finals will.

Comment

MVP

🌽🥝🥑🥥🍊
Who knows what would have happened, maybe Poch would have done a Ramos and got sacked the following season.
As it was we got to a champions league final, it doesn't get bigger than that, that's a once in a lifetime thing and it was there to win.

Comment
And by everyone you mean?
Don’t remember the last manager playing him do you?

I find it pathetic that you are even arguing this.
All the while I bet you didn’t mind Janssen and Llorente sitting at home over the last three years while Kane was rushed back eh?

Oh my God
SHOCK HORROR!!! CHILD STRIKER NOT GIVEN GAMES YET!!!!
By every coach coming through by his international coach by all pundits and ex pros who have ever watched him. He would have been given his chance this season under Poch . I am not saying Troy would have been the best striker ever (even though he killed it at youth and u23's ) but we will never know now

I find people like you pathetic as it seems if you had your way we would not give youth a go as if it means buying a player makes them better than what we have. The reason I may have wanted Kane rushed back while those two players were at the club is because they were shit.

Oh my god I have put things in capital letters so I must be right don't anyone dare argue with my superior knowledge of how good youth players are and who should be played.

Comment
I think letting parrot out on loan is great management, a year in the championship will be good for him and improve his game.
I think when he comes back we will see a more mature and improved player, can only be good for the club.

Comment
Bottling games, sure. But Leicester just didn’t lose. We were never above them. We didn’t bottle the league.
Agreed, and we also didn't have a team that realistically should have won the league either that season. We absolutely bottled finishing second though, but the league itself? Not for me.

Comment
Troy is not ready to play for us, he got a start against Colchester and was ineffective. A loan to Millwall is just right, they will demand intensity and he will be playing competitive men’s football. The kid is 18 years old. We should never have been in a situation where we were looking to him to save us but that’s what happens when you don’t have a balanced squad.

Comment
Top Bottom