Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did not think I could dislike Jose more than I do but to not give Jan at least 10 minutes yesterday is just horrible. It's not as though he is not a good defender. He is still a better player than both Dier and Davies. Still after 8 years of top performance's not being allowed to put the shirt on one final time is just gutting. I really dislike Jose as person and hate him as a manager

Who said only though?
Are you actually saying you prefer it now than if we had won the CC five times since 2010?

That makes a real fan does it? Preferring fuck all
There is no “real fan”, it’s a determination we all have to make about what quantities success for us. My post was in response to someone saying a fan happy with a CL final is the problem with the club. It isn’t.

As per probably my last 20 posts, I want to win trophies but will want that coupled with more too. A league cup and 10th isn’t enough for me.

but we didn’t 😂😂 we achieved nothing last season. We achieved nothing this season. When are you going to get into you’re head dude, winning trophies is an achievement. Not winning anything isn’t an achievement. You achieve success by winning silverware. Getting to a final and losing it isn’t achieving success.
I DIDN'T say it was a success!!!

I said we "achieved more". Unless you are actually going to convince me that this season was better than last years?

Did we have a better season than West Ham this year?

but we didn’t 😂😂 we achieved nothing last season. We achieved nothing this season. When are you going to get into you’re head dude, winning trophies is an achievement. Not winning anything isn’t an achievement. You achieve success by winning silverware. Getting to a final and losing it isn’t achieving success.
I DIDN'T say it was a success!!!

I said we "achieved more". Unless you are actually going to convince me that this season was better than last years?

Did we have a better season than West Ham this year?

I did not think I could dislike Jose more than I do but to not give Jan at least 10 minutes yesterday is just horrible. It's not as though he is not a good defender. He is still a better player than both Dier and Davies. Still after 8 years of top performance's not being allowed to put the shirt on one final time is just gutting. I really dislike Jose as person and hate him as a manager
I’m sorry but winning a game is more important then giving someone a final run out , maybe if it wasn’t 1-1 then it would have been different

I think one thing that's changed there is that the PL money has grown so much, making the CL extra less important. It's still very nice to have, but it doesn't transform what you can do transfer wise in the same way when everybody in the league can pay £100k per week or more wages.
That’s fair. It is still the elite competition in club football though, akin to the World Cup. Every good player wants to be in it.

There is no “real fan”, it’s a determination we all have to make about what quantities success for us. My post was in response to someone saying a fan happy with a CL final is the problem with the club. It isn’t.

As per probably my last 20 posts, I want to win trophies but will want that coupled with more too. A league cup and 10th isn’t enough for me.
You seem to be deliberately skitting around the issue.

“It’s not for me” but that’s your scenario that no one has said.
How about 4th and a Carabou and losing the CL vs 4th and no Carabou and losing the CL?
Which one would you take?

No they don't. They loved it though and they remember it though and they say it was one of their best nights supporting their club.
But my point was that nobody other than Spurs and Ajax fans remember.
You remember it because your mates celebrate it every year and cry tears of joy that they win a semi final.
Doubt you would otherwise.

You do realise that only ever happens so the fans can applaud them off right?

Hilarious how we’ve become the top 4 trophy club.
Personally I was pissing myself laughing when they lost the CL to Barca. Some here think them losing that final was better than us doing Chelsea at Wembley in the CC
Even though Klopp has won the league and the CL now he is still a fraud as he hasn’t won anything with Villa! :mourthumb:

Jesus Christ. I think you need to revise your knowledge of the term “bottling”, Samuel. “Bottling” refers to where you lose something when you’re in the driving seat and seemingly nothing can stop you. For example, Liverpool quite clearly “bottled” the league last season, as they were 10 points clear at Christmas. We weren’t first once in the 15/16 season.

Get out of here with that stupid revisionist bollocks. That is literally something a gooner troll would say.

Like the 2-0 up driving seat at Stamford Bridge?
Or the home game against Leicester we lost despite having 26 shots?
Or the 2-1 driving seat against Woolwich we had against ten men?
Or the 90 minute driving seat we had to beat west ham?

You do realise that the reason we never went above Leicester was because we bottled every opportunity to put pressure on them right?

Back
Top Bottom