Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sad-cartoon-apatosaurus-illustration-dinosaur-looking-47436295.jpg

Assuming our team talks from the documentary weren't simply acting, I can only see three ways a performance like today happens (including a possible combination thereof)

1. The players aren't listening
2. The actual coaching/training is utter shit
3. Our players, especially in the middle of the park, really aren't as good as people think

Assuming our team talks from the documentary weren't simply acting, I can only see three ways a performance like today happens (including a possible combination thereof)

1. The players aren't listening
2. The actual coaching/training is utter shit
3. Our players, especially in the middle of the park, really aren't as good as people think

I didn't understand the tactics today at all.

It's clear to me now that this is Mourinho's blueprint coming to fruition and I can't see it getting us anywhere. We all know he prefers defensive football which is fine in principle, but the man places no value whatsoever in creativity and vision. He repeatedly puts out teams with no ball player to facilitate the movement of the ball and expects players to just create shit even when it's not their strong suit.

Look at Sissoko on for Dele today as a substitute - what the fuck is that going to achieve. Look at the lack of any ball player in the middle of the park until 75 mins. We cannot move the ball into dangerous areas without players who are capable of moving the ball in a way that isn't linear and obvious. You cannot expect Hojberg / Sissoko / Winks to ever be those players because that is not what they do.

It looks like Mourinho just wants a team of 11 'warriors' who will run through walls and collect yellow cards, but unfortunately that won't put the ball in the fucking net. It's becoming clearer to me why he is the manager who let the best player in the league, Kevin De Bruyne, walk out of Chelsea because he didn't fit his 'mould'. He has no idea about spotting genuine football talents, just hard fuckers like Dier who will do anything for him.

Jesus christ all we need to do is get Kane into shooting position 4 or 5 times a game and we will win more than we lose. If we can't even get him the ball in the box once then the setup is entirely wrong.

We cannot let somebody like Everton who have 3 brand new players settle into the game by defending 11 man deep and letting them control the game. This is all obvious stuff to me but apparently Mr Serial Winner is blind to it.

Fucking hell this game has pissed me off.

I really wanted it to work with mourinho but there’s absolutely no sign that it will.
He won’t last the rest of the season if we play like that

He would be out by Xmas if their were fans in the stadium and we carry on playing like this.
Having no fans in the ground might give him an extension but the totally shit quality of the football we've seen since January is a very bad sign.

GET OUT MY CLUB HOW DARE U GET BATTERED BY EVERTON AT HOME 10-0 HOW DARE HE ASK PLAYERS THE PASS SLOW AND SIDEWAYS FUCKING HELL I CANT BELIEVE IT DOESNT MATTER THIS IS THE FIRST GAME WE WILL BE RELEGATED GET THIS GUY OUT NOW IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO GET BETTER AND PLAYERS TO BUILD FITNESS UP AND ADAPT TO THE NEW PLAYERS MOVEMENTS I DEMAND HE CRYS AT MY FEET

IM SIDING WITH GARY NEVILLE THE GUY WHO WAS A SUPERSTAR MANAGER AND KNOWS EVERYTHING TACTIC WISE THATS WHY HE RODE OFF INTO THE SUNSET AFTER A BRILLIANT TIME AT VALENCIA & THE INTELLECTUAL JAMIE REDKNAPP

I’d blame the manager if I had not seen this all before in Hoddle, Jol, Santini, Redknapp, AVB, Poch and now Jose. The same consistent level of ineptitude in player recruitment. The same selling to buy, rather than actually investing. When good managers are making progress, the brakes go on and the key players don’t arrive unless someone is flogged first. It’s a joke and keeps on happening.

Poch went into most seasons needing one of two players and games were thrown away which were costly, today - same again. Squad light of players and games thrown away. I can’t blame Jose as it’s all happened before.

I don’t like Jose’s tactics, but I know he’s just the latest manager to be duped by Mr Buyright. Promises you the Earth, gives you bits of dirt.

FUCK OFF ENIC AND FUCK OFF LEVY.

Back
Top Bottom