Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's painfully obvious we are heading into games just playing for a cleansheet.

If we happen to get a goal, fine, we continue to play for a cleansheet and either nick another due to open space or we keep a cleansheet and we win.

However, if a team then manages to open the scoring - we are fucked. Because we don't have the creativity to turn it around and our predictability makes it very easy to actually defend against.

Something needs to change. Sadly, we haven't truly seen change in 10 months.
Summed up perfectly. All it is keep it tight and hopefully nick a goal. We seem constantly terrified of what the opposition can do to us and whilst each to thier own, i personally think people are in denial if they think this is going to work. Its been like this since December. For all the average players we have there isnt an excuse for what we are being served up.

A lot of people don't want to hear it especially now but it's never going to happen for him, he's always going to think that he deserves more backing from the board and it'll never be enough for what he wants just like at man utd.

if this is the football Jose wants to play (big boot up field) I can't see Kane wanting to stay this season (I expect him to leave next year but this football will force it sooner)

Can some please explain to me this advanced right back tactic with the left back staying deep and moving into a back 3. I have been following the game nearly 30 years and have never come across this. I don’t see how this benefits the team in anyone way apart from making it predictable and lopsided

Puts Son in lots of space and keeps he and Kane in different channels.

And it puts Doherty and Davies in roles that play to their strengths.

It can work. I did work at times after the restart. You just need the three forward players not mentioned here to be sound and dangerous with the ball. They were miles from that today.

A lot of people don't want to hear it especially now but it's never going to happen for him, he's always going to think that he deserves more backing from the board and it'll never be enough for what he wants just like at man utd.
To be fair to him, I've not heard any such talk from him. He knows the score, he knows our budget(s), he's repeated this since day one and clearly accepted the job with these parameters.

The fucking state of affairs.

The only positive I take from the game is that it seems that more people are finally waking up to the fact that Jose can not be the manager of Spurs.

I am starting to get used to losing again, after some wonderful years of greatness, I guess I can come to terms with us being a mid-table team again, but I can not fucking stand the football we are playing. It is disgraceful.

I hope people see now what we had. What we have lost due to ungrateful whining and demands for more, for silverware, for titles. Demands for a plan B, a plan B that caused our managers to lose focus on our once brilliant plan A.

We stopped playing with AMs who could actually play football to add players who could run and dribble. Now we can not control a game, we can not outplay a team, all they have to do is deny us space in behind and we have nothing.

We have a manager now that is only here because of cries for titles. He adds nothing of value. Maybe a bit of cynicism, but that is all. He has no idea how to organize and implement an attacking plan. He places no value on creativity. He does not care to play positive football. And his ability to get the best out of players and teams died years ago.

Unfortunately for us, we were fortunate last season. If you look behind the points we got, the numbers are mostly atrocious. We were often dominated in possession, shots, shots on goal, xG and xPts, even when we won games.

In the summer we made the least exciting signings I can remember us doing, and today we got the first piece of evidence that Doherty and Hojbjerg will only make us worse.

We will keep deteriorating for as long as the current manager is in charge. We need someone who will be brave enough to clean up our squad and have us start playing actual fucking football again.

Sadly, I think we can not afford to fire Jose due to the whole Covid situation. Fucked if we do, fucked if we don't.

if this is the football Jose wants to play (big boot up field) I can't see Kane wanting to stay this season (I expect him to leave next year but this football will force it sooner)
For the first time today i thought he looked like he was going through the motions. Dont blame him, he didnt get a sniff. We're lucky there is only 3 weeks of this window left. Unless we show some intent in the market and/or do something with the managerial situation he is gone next summer and i dont blame him.

I don’t recall us playing well in any of those games post-lockdown, can you? A few good spells against Newcastle and that’s it. Awful against Sheff Utd, awful against Bournemouth and so on. When we won, we were still fucking shit. Sure, points wise it was a good return but the signs weren’t encouraging. Today it just confirmed it.
I think our post-lockdown record converted into prem standing against other teams, had us at 4th.

So.

To be fair to him, I've not heard any such talk from him. He knows the score, he knows our budget(s), he's repeated this since day one and clearly accepted the job with these parameters.

Yep he'd agree to accept those terms to get the jobs but just wait as this window progresses and he gets to see who other non-oil rich clubs are signing.

The massive cracks were holes in the squad we expected to get properly filled, though, right?
I dont let the owners off in this shitshow but even with our many weaknessess there isnt an excuse for these performances. No real tactics or motivation, we arent getting more out of the team than the sum of its parts, we have 2 world class forwards constantly chasing long punts from our defenders. Its so poor.

The only positive I take from the game is that it seems that more people are finally waking up to the fact that Jose can not be the manager of Spurs.

I am starting to get used to losing again, after some wonderful years of greatness, I guess I can come to terms with us being a mid-table team again, but I can not fucking stand the football we are playing. It is disgraceful.

I hope people see now what we had. What we have lost due to ungrateful whining and demands for more, for silverware, for titles. Demands for a plan B, a plan B that caused our managers to lose focus on our once brilliant plan A.

We stopped playing with AMs who could actually play football to add players who could run and dribble. Now we can not control a game, we can not outplay a team, all they have to do is deny us space in behind and we have nothing.

We have a manager now that is only here because of cries for titles. He adds nothing of value. Maybe a bit of cynicism, but that is all. He has no idea how to organize and implement an attacking plan. He places no value on creativity. He does not care to play positive football. And his ability to get the best out of players and teams died years ago.

Unfortunately for us, we were fortunate last season. If you look behind the points we got, the numbers are mostly atrocious. We were often dominated in possession, shots, shots on goal, xG and xPts, even when we won games.

In the summer we made the least exciting signings I can remember us doing, and today we got the first piece of evidence that Doherty and Hojbjerg will only make us worse.

We will keep deteriorating for as long as the current manager is in charge. We need someone who will be brave enough to clean up our squad and have us start playing actual fucking football again.

Sadly, I think we can not afford to fire Jose due to the whole Covid situation. Fucked if we do, fucked if we don't.

What???

Blimey...
200.gif

I think Levy appointed him to save the Amazon documentary.

I respect Jose and his success but he was the wrong choice for this club. He needs big players, big personalities, a big chequebook. We have average players, pussy mentalities and no money.

Levy simply fucked up. Again.

Back
Top Bottom