Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s just you saying that though, it’s not based on any reality.
Doubt he’ll walk, or Levy pay him 30M to leave, so three years it is.
Might as well back him.

Its based on history and the trajectory of how we look under him.

He could totally change but everything is pointing to this going the same way his other jobs go in terms of him being here for a short term.

Its based on history and the trajectory of how we look under him.

He could totally change but everything is pointing to this going the same way his other jobs go in terms of him being here for a short term.
Levy doesn’t care how we look as long as results are good, and they have been under him since the restart.
He won’t pay 30M because the fans want pretty football, as long as we start winning he will stay in a job.

Make up your mind, are the owners responsible for results on the pitch or not?
They are responsible for providing the tools, the manager and players are responsible for delivering.
If ENIC take over Barnet and they end up in the CL, then ENIC have provided the right tools for the club.

Maybe you think it’s all Jesus

Definitely going to try to stick with this guy for the next 15 games or so and hope he can get his ideas across effectively with the squad. Provided he has ideas. Man, yesterday was just dire.
We did not look decent at all. United, Bourmemouth, Sheffield, Palace, Everton were all terrible performances. West Ham was marginally better but after getting a fluke goal we looked better since they had to open up.

Leicester we looked good, in large part to Brenton playing right into our hands with his tactics and line-up.

Woolwich I didn't think we played that well but given we beat those assholes I will not say anything negative about that game. The result obviously outweighs anything else.

Agreed. I'll support him while he's here until I'm given strong reason not to, but performances have been poor for most of his tenure. Post lockdown wasn't much different except for Kane hitting a bit of individual form.

They are responsible for providing the tools, the manager and players are responsible for delivering.
If ENIC take over Barnet and they end up in the CL, then ENIC have provided the right tools for the club.

Maybe you think it’s all Jesus
So ENIC will always escape blame in your book.

I find it absolutely bizare that this level of analysis exists.

We are playing fucking shit mate! Can you not see this? Seriously can you not see how utterly shit we are? Can you not see that BRIGHTON are playing better than us? Can you not see that WOLVES played us off the park? That EVERTON played us off the park? We are SHIT. We are NOT improving and he's been here TEN MONTHS!! TEN!! What has he done in this time? What has he improved? Do you think we are good?
It has been a lot longer than 10 months. I started complaining about our play in around November 2018 but we still got results until early 2019. However since then it has been bad. John Thomas blames it all on Levy not buying in 2018 and you blame Mourinho despite the mess he took over. He did recover us up to 6th and deserves a bit more time. I really am not sure the full reasons why but agree we are playing shit.

He is unlikely to be here long term so spending big money on (likely) older, limited players that Jose likes doesn't make much sense for us and likely leaves us with holes on the team and a lot of money already spent.
Exactly this. When i see us being linked to all these 29/30 year olds or even Ings at 28 with his past injuries i'm wincing. All this is going to do is create a massive problem at some point in the next 11 months when Mourinho has gone and i'm 99.9% sure he will be. The board need to spend big in the next 3 weeks but they need to push that to younger, fit, energetic players who the next guy can work with as well. Problem is Mourinho just doesnt seem to trust many players under 24.

Levy doesn’t care how we look as long as results are good, and they have been under him since the restart.
He won’t pay 30M because the fans want pretty football, as long as we start winning he will stay in a job.

I have said multiple times that I think he is here for this year minimum and depending on the contract likely the year after as well, so I am not talking about firing him next week.

I just don't want next summer for us to go out and spend 150m on Jose players when he likely isn't here 2 years from now and those players become overpaid and useless when he leaves.

So ENIC will always escape blame in your book.
How so?
ENIC are responsible for sacking Arry and setting us back five years with AVB.
They provided the tools that got us to the CL final and had us regular top 4 for four years.
The manager and players delivered.

When they stopped delivering, he rightly sacked the manager.

It remains to be seen if Jose was the right tool for us yet. As it does Doherty and Hojberg.

The window isn’t shut, but if they don’t sign a striker that will be on them.
If Jose refuses to play either Dier or Hojberg as a DM, and we struggle, that is on Jose.

If Jose leaves a 44M CB on the bench and plays a 3M DM at CB, that too is on Jose.

I have said multiple times that I think he is here for this year minimum and depending on the contract likely the year after as well, so I am not talking about firing him next week.

I just don't want next summer for us to go out and spend 150m on Jose players when he likely isn't here 2 years from now and those players become overpaid and useless when he leaves.
As I said that’s just conjecture based on a hope

How so?
ENIC are responsible for sacking Arry and setting us back five years with AVB.
They provided the tools that got us to the CL final and had us regular top 4 for four years.
The manager and players delivered.

When they stopped delivering, he rightly sacked the manager.

It remains to be seen if Jose was the right tool for us yet. As it does Doherty and Hojberg.

The window isn’t shut, but if they don’t sign a striker that will be on them.
If Jose refuses to play either Dier or Hojberg as a DM, and we struggle, that is on Jose.

If Jose leaves a 44M CB on the bench and plays a 3M DM at CB, that too is on Jose.
So the tools are the manager and the players.
You've constantly trashed Poch on here for not winning anything, a back up striker certainly isn't the only players we need.

It looks to me, manager does well ENIC provided the tools, manager does badly ENIC provided the tools the manager messed up.

About 30 pages just appeared on SC because they're all changing their profile picture to Bale.
Mods are laughing but inside, they're seething. No donations this year, just profile picture changes.

I'd be amazed if he is here next season. I'm sticking by my original gone by December prediction. The team just aren't playing for him and when Kane doesn't look fussed you have a problem. The falling out with players has already started. If the form and performances continue he'll be lashing out about transfers soon. Despite hating the style of football i hope i'm wrong and we start winning games and scoring a few goals and he lasts the season but i'd like to see us move on then whatever happens.

I'd be amazed if he is here next season. I'm sticking by my original gone by December prediction. The team just aren't playing for him and when Kane doesn't look fussed you have a problem. The falling out with players has already started. If the form and performances continue he'll be lashing out about transfers soon. Despite hating the style of football i hope i'm wrong and we start winning games and scoring a few goals and he lasts the season but i'd like to see us move on then whatever happens.
You have to work out at what point of Mourinho's contract he becomes cheap enough to sack and also keep an eye on what Poch is doing.
Levy won't want to be paying 2 ex managers, he'll have a fucking stroke.

Back
Top Bottom