Jose Mourinho

Do you accept Jose Mourinho as your saviour?

• Yes

Votes: 400 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 28.2%

• Total voters
I thought we were outstanding today.
Good saves and the woodwork was the only thing stopping the score reflecting the performance.

Except Dier.
Need to stop playing Dier Jose. Just bench him.

Deckard

Supporter
Build that siege mentality Jose. It's us against the world.
I think something is gradually changing after the Everton game... we got Reggie and Bale, Ndombele is starting showing who he is and today we had possibly the best half under Jose.

But I like to think that more than anything this game will give us a massive siege mentality, which could make a lot of difference this season

I think something is gradually changing after the Everton game... we got Reggie and Bale, Ndombele is starting showing who he is and today we had possibly the best half under Jose.

But I like to think that more than anything this game will give us a massive siege mentality, which could make a lot of difference this season
It´s also interesting to notice that, since we signed Reguilón - even though he didn´t play yet -, we stopped playing asymmetrical FB´s - Ben Davies is pushing high, just as much as Doherty.

I don't agree with this siege mentality bullshit. I just think it's more likely it gives players excuses for failure. They can blame everyone and everything other than themselves.

To often that approach is focused on uncontrollables like pitches, injuries, officials, decisions etc.

Deckard

Supporter
I don't agree with this siege mentality bullshit. I just think it's more likely it gives players excuses for failure. They can blame everyone and everything other than themselves.

To often that approach is focused on uncontrollables like pitches, injuries, officials, decisions etc.
Siege mentality is a double edge sword, and it can go as you said. But if properly managed (as in "fuck all, we are stronger than everything and we are gonna show you") it can be a big advantage

I saw my national team (Italy) winning two world cups because of that (in relation to the criticism they were getting from the press, mainly). Of course you need more than that, but it can make a difference

I liked his post match interview, clearly extremely pissed off and still bristling at the result, but he refused to be drawn on the penalty and chose to focus on the positives.
Building the siege mentality also.

Siege mentality is a double edge sword, and it can go as you said. But if properly managed (as in "fuck all, we are stronger than everything and we are gonna show you") it can be a big advantage

I saw my national team (Italy) winning two world cups because of that (in relation to the criticism they were getting from the press, mainly). Of course you need more than that, but it can make a difference

Possibly. but it could be that approach is more suited to a tournament where all the players are of the same nationality. An 'us and them' approach may work more effectively in a short-term high-pressure environment like that.

Over a long football season, i still feel your energy is better focused on what you can control rather than what you can't.

Deckard

Supporter
Possibly. but it could be that approach is more suited to a tournament where all the players are of the same nationality. An 'us and them' approach may work more effectively in a short-term high-pressure environment like that.

Over a long football season, i still feel your energy is better focused on what you can control rather than what you can't.
I think it can give (not always) that extra mental energy to always give everything you got and never take things for granted. Of course, if it turns into an "everything is against us" frame of mind it's a different story

snowkarl

Supporter
Dame of the Most Excellent Order mrs. Priti Patel

Yes exactly. It's dangerous to go full on siege in the second week of the season, when the players are already fatigued. It's going to be a long, long season.

Top Bottom