Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

>got called out for this by viewers/commenters
>called them teens and gammon
>has played the victim and is going to 'take a little break from social media'

As for my opinion on it:

tenor.gif

I think he's doing a great job and we have had a very strong start to the season, you can see the killer mentality in the players and I think we're only going to get stronger as the season goes on.

Get a CB and a ST in and I think we should be competing at the top of the table (dodgy handballs aside.)

I think he's doing a great job and we have had a very strong start to the season, you can see the killer mentality in the players and I think we're only going to get stronger as the season goes on.

Get a CB and a ST in and I think we should be competing at the top of the table (dodgy handballs aside.)
If it wasn't for the Everton game, I'd call it a clean sweep of good performances so far. The Newcastle game was just one of those days.

Quick summary, mate?
I just got the impression that Jose holds grudges. Especially with Pep.
Hart was run out of City by Pep, immediately by the look of it. Probably reading too much into it, but it's been said that Jose is an admirer of Hart and has been for some time.
Maybe another dig at Pep. He does seem to like his dark ops.

Agreed. We look alive again, with a mix of both deliberately positive and negative play. Mourinho is also throwing his weight around when it comes to bringing in players. I just can’t imagine Bale signing under Pochettino (as much as I loved him).

Exciting times.

I just got the impression that Jose holds grudges. Especially with Pep.
Hart was run out of City by Pep, immediately by the look of it. Probably reading too much into it, but it's been said that Jose is an admirer of Hart and has been for some time.
Maybe another dig at Pep. He does seem to like his dark ops.
I don't agree. Mourinho has his preference on players. For example: Mourinho always likes Eto'o. Tried to sign him for Chelsea in his first stint. It was not because of Pep, Mourinho took Eto'o in that trade with Zlatan. You would have thought he would fall out with Zlatan when Zlatan jumped ship to join Pep Guardiola, but they had a good relationship that Zlatan joined him at Man U.

Mourinho would hate the Dippers to death since his Chelsea team would have gotten to CL final in his first stint, but stopped by that jammy fat Bentinez side. Alonso is very fond of Mourinho, despite working with Benítez and later Pep.

But Lampard has rejected Mourinho’s explanation that the comments were advice by saying: “I don’t think any remarks made on the touchline during the game can be called advice. They can probably be wrapped up as advice after a game when you manage to get back in the game and win on penalties, so I don’t think that is the case.

“I would always be happy to not just take advice from fellow managers, but everything around me whether it be my players, staff, people I respect, listen to in football outside football, in life. I think that’s what moulds you as a manager so I don’t think the Jose incident was ever advice. It wasn’t that.”

Mourinho had claimed: “The only thing I said was an opinion of an old coach to a young, talented coach. Which was when the players need us is when they are losing. When they are winning, we don’t need to be the protagonist of the touchline. In the last match, when they were losing 3-0, I felt sorry for him because he was really sad and quiet in his chair. In terms of football, I have nothing to teach him.”

Lampard immediately reacted to Mourinho’s touchline comments by telling the Tottenham head coach that he spent more time speaking to the referee than his own players.

On his own behaviour, Lampard added: “I think on the line if you look like you are forced and trying to be what might be perceived as arrogant, for what that looks like or trying to portray a character, I think that's something that can become maybe not real, or maybe boring from the outside.

“I certainly don't do that, I just react as I see fit in the game in the competitive environment. Sometimes, you can reflect and go ‘was that too much or not?’ That's fine. I don't think people should expect to not get caught up in the excitement and that was just it. It was no big deal.”

It's pretty evident that Fat Frank thinks he's smarter than he actually is. He acts like a manager that has won everything there is to win in football. I cannot stand him. Arrogant prick.

But Lampard has rejected Mourinho’s explanation that the comments were advice by saying: “I don’t think any remarks made on the touchline during the game can be called advice. They can probably be wrapped up as advice after a game when you manage to get back in the game and win on penalties, so I don’t think that is the case.

“I would always be happy to not just take advice from fellow managers, but everything around me whether it be my players, staff, people I respect, listen to in football outside football, in life. I think that’s what moulds you as a manager so I don’t think the Jose incident was ever advice. It wasn’t that.”

Mourinho had claimed: “The only thing I said was an opinion of an old coach to a young, talented coach. Which was when the players need us is when they are losing. When they are winning, we don’t need to be the protagonist of the touchline. In the last match, when they were losing 3-0, I felt sorry for him because he was really sad and quiet in his chair. In terms of football, I have nothing to teach him.”

Lampard immediately reacted to Mourinho’s touchline comments by telling the Tottenham head coach that he spent more time speaking to the referee than his own players.

On his own behaviour, Lampard added: “I think on the line if you look like you are forced and trying to be what might be perceived as arrogant, for what that looks like or trying to portray a character, I think that's something that can become maybe not real, or maybe boring from the outside.

“I certainly don't do that, I just react as I see fit in the game in the competitive environment. Sometimes, you can reflect and go ‘was that too much or not?’ That's fine. I don't think people should expect to not get caught up in the excitement and that was just it. It was no big deal.”

It's pretty evident that Fat Frank thinks he's smarter than he actually is. He acts like a manager that has won everything there is to win in football. I cannot stand him. Arrogant prick.

You know the saying, don’t bite the hand that feeds you ? That certainly applies to Lampard. Mourinho was instrumental in that guys career, so think a little respect the pompous twat.

You know the saying, don’t bite the hand that feeds you ? That certainly applies to Lampard. Mourinho was instrumental in that guys career, so think a little respect the pompous twat.
It's a battle out there so I don't expect better when manager mouthing off around the game. However like Don Corleone Don Corleone said, Fat Frank sounded very arrogant as if he's at the top of the game. As of right now, he's just a pretender.

Back
Top Bottom