Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi fellow Yids,

Forgive me for only lurking for about 3 years, but after yesterday - and the way we've been playing this season in general, I felt the need to finally register, say hi and comment on yesterday's game!

I've suffered through the highs and the lows...and I've been especially gutted since the CL final and the slow demise of Poch (yes, he had to go). I've wanted Levy and the board to do so many things differently over the years, just like we all have at some point...and I've watched as we lost out to better/hungrier/luckier clubs in so many semis, finals and other tight situations.

So now seems like the right time to recognize that we are becoming the team I've dreamt we would become since way back in the 80s...and it's mainly down to the arrival of Jose and what he has done in a remarkably short space of time.

Yesterday demonstrated the mentality Jose has now established at our club, the way we are c*nts when we need to be....tough when it matters...and skillful where other teams are not (seriously, what a team/squad we have!) In short, we are becoming serious contenders and Jose has constructed a team and a winning mentality that Utd simply could not handle yesterday.

No silly predictions just yet...not from me anyway, but folks...let's just sit back and marvel at the team we have now become...we have dared....now its time to do...and that includes all of us! As fans, let's start thinking like a big club and become the winners we deserve to be...we've earned it!

As for Utd...they will stumble along for a while and then jettison OGS...and then probably go for Poch...either way, they are on the opposite spiral to us, they are screwed from top to bottom and need about 6 players to even get to where we are...and their fans have to now accept where their club is at, just like we had to in the past.

I know I sound all emotional, but yesterday felt like a watershed moment to me...I think we have arrived, we are ready to do what it takes...and we're ready to win!

COYS

One other thing to point out from today - the man is so clever he was even 'managing' Levy somewhat during his post match interviews: making a point of praising the whole squad for victories this week (being able to rotate, etc).

Very very cunning. Has gotten Levy to sign strength in depth but is making sure to give him a pat on the head for it too.
Aye. Also, re Levy, he knows how much stick Levy gets from supporters, and rightfully so. What he is doing is letting the fans know who to thank.

That would do well for Levy, which would mean more toys for you Jose :levylol:

Im loving the near enough u-turn by most fans on Mourinho, the haters have gone very quiet...
Some slagging him off after he had been here for less than 6 months to now when hes got a few players that fit his system, his real football comes into play..

If we wouldnt of got screwed at newcastle we would be 3 points from top..

Hopefully get a cb today and with bale back in 2 weeks hopefully, smash west ham!

Yes very quiet

:mourear:

Lot of people always give him slack because he got sacked in his third seasons but for me it always looked like he would get sabotaged by his own players at some point.

We know it happened at Chelsea in the 15/16 season when there was an enormous back room clash between him and his players. He got fucked by Hazard, Fabregas, Ivanovic, Costa etc.
And then his tenures at Real Madrid and Man Utd where there were too many big egos in the dressing room that he easily clashes with. And Jose is a big ego himself so.

When a group of players are starting to get fed up with their manager they’ll drop him like a brick.
Yes, only thing is at Spurs he and Levy are tight like he and Moratta (Inter) were, which means the players will know there is only one option: loyalty.

There’s every indication we might have found our Fergie in Jose, if Levy continues to be keen.

Just a quick doubt: where is The Guardian´s new article about our huge victory yesterday? Do they only write about Jose to criticize him and say he is bad for football? Oh, I see.

I´m also waiting for The Athletic´s new complete piece about our game plan yesterday - Serge Aurier (11) and Sergio Reguilón (13) completed more attacking-third passes than any other Tottenham players vs. Man Utd. Very modern, very hipster - just like them. Nothing yet? I see.

Last edited:
I realise I'm a miserable fuck, but unfortunately I still can't bring myself to credit our results this week to Mourinho. My anti José sentiment still leaves me thinking the 3 wins are in spite of, rather thanks to José's tactics.

Has a Mourinho team ever scored 13 in 2 games?
tenor.gif

He could be a long term manager. If he's happy. He clashed with abramovic at Chelsea. Clashed with the players at Madrid and man utd. He has seemed happy at clubs that appreciate him and if the players aren't total dicks. Usually he'd be moving up to a bigger team when leaving a club under his terms (porto-Chelsea, inter-Madrid) but I think he's not getting a job bigger than us these days. With the age he is and how he seems happy in his job (for now) I don't see why it must only be a short term appointment. The Portugal job is kinda the only job I can see him wanting to take on, can't think of another big team that would be trying to poach him off us?

the only league he hasn’t won anything at is bundesliga. So, he may or may not end up over there at some point.

Finished dinosaur with finished tactic they said, do you guys know why they said he was finished at united ? for example ,by telling Martial/Rashford to track back enemy fullback, and now we are here ripping them apart from the wings. Telling Pogba not to jog and also track enemy opposition, look at what he did last night ? letting our midfield running free, to keep the shape and be discipline from the back , they don't do it last night and we rape them. I don't know how things like that makes him finished, it's very fundamental of football that will never obsolete till the end of the days , it's just united fans thought they understand football better than him. footballers must do the basic right first before trying anything fancy on the field that's what Jose Mourinho wanted his player to

he was heavily criticized for not understanding the United way. That it’s all about attack attack attack and bringing through young academy players.

I think we will know if have fully arrived at the top table and being taken seriously will be the spammers game. How many times in the past have we had a great result only to screw up next game. We need to stay focused and not get carried away and deal with spam. They will play on the counter so we will need to be on out mettle. But let’s enjoy the last few games for a few days and get the players back from international duty. Luckily we have a lot of players who haven’t gone like glc, bale ndombele and Ali so hopefully they can work on things in the next two weeks ready for spammers.

I think we will know if have fully arrived at the top table and being taken seriously will be the spammers game. How many times in the past have we had a great result only to screw up next game. We need to stay focused and not get carried away and deal with spam. They will play on the counter so we will need to be on out mettle. But let’s enjoy the last few games for a few days and get the players back from international duty. Luckily we have a lot of players who haven’t gone like glc, bale ndombele and Ali so hopefully they can work on things in the next two weeks ready for spammers.

I don’t think I will judge how we perform against the spammers. The whole international break hangover has me worried a little. So, a little hiccup would be fine as long as no one returns with an injury.

he was heavily criticized for not understanding the United way. That it’s all about attack attack attack and bringing through young academy players.
bullshit way to brainwash fans, Fergie himself parked the bus against mourinho at old trafford, he parked the bus quite often that's why most of his iconic goals were a counter attack. United academy hasn't produce a single world class talent since class of 92 , that's just their way to save money

I remember when Jose was getting slaughtered for giving some real talk to Martial, Pogba and Shaw for being lazy bastards...

Where are those people now?

those people thought they understand football better , just listen to mourinho he would turn you into champion , has done over and over again throughout his career. Martial, pogba , shaw has their ego pampered by their fanbase and thinks they know better than a manager with over 25 major trophies

Back
Top Bottom