Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think most accept we are more than capable but just know that we won't. Most likely bet is that we will be 5 nil up in the game to clinch the title when a lasagne shaped asteroid strikes planet earth.
I can imagine it now, we need at least a point on the last game of the season to win the league and the whole squad including Jose gets covid and we can’t play so are forced to forfeit the game and Everton win the league by default

Why does everyone think that we can't win this damn thing !

0_GettyImages-1249245330.jpg

Need I say more ?

Somehow in the last ten years people have been hypnotized into thinking the only attractive way to play football is the Guardiola possession style. It certainly does look nice when you have Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Man City caliber players.

But watching Guardiola disciple/zealot Arteta manage Woolwich it’s like watching paint dry. I’ve watched the scum the last few weeks and they are so incredibly dull. Sure they can knock the ball decently out of the back but there’s zero cutting edge, so droll.

Makes me so glad we have Mourinho and the emphasis he’s put on athletic, direct, pacey football even if that’s not what is fashionable at the moment.

Somehow in the last ten years people have been hypnotized into thinking the only attractive way to play football is the Guardiola possession style. It certainly does look nice when you have Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Man City caliber players.

But watching Guardiola disciple/zealot Arteta manage Woolwich it’s like watching paint dry. I’ve watched the scum the last few weeks and they are so incredibly dull. Sure they can knock the ball decently out of the back but there’s zero cutting edge, so droll.

Makes me so glad we have Mourinho and the emphasis he’s put on athletic, direct, pacey football even if that’s not what is fashionable at the moment.
Woolwich aren't a good example of that style, as they have far, far inferior players to ours. I would take Auba and Partey into our 25 man squad, no wonder it doesn't work for them.

Great post.

What I like about Jose is the belief he is trying to instil.

Not just in terms of results but other things.
Him saying that no one is better with the ball than Spurs, that Son doesn't have to do anything to reach the next step etc all goes down very well with me. Confidence is everything in football.
You need an arrogance and we're slowly getting it (deservedly, we have some remarkable players).
in a prematch interview against WHU at the tunnel. He said the usual stuff where the opponents are very difficult one etc, but then go on about "if they plays like they do before, we are confident". I am blown away by it, never have i saw such a modest arrogance before from a Spurs manager.
The belief is just higher with him isn't it.

Somehow in the last ten years people have been hypnotized into thinking the only attractive way to play football is the Guardiola possession style.
It's silly isn't it. Some of our best matches under Poch were in Europe when we were bossed in possession but killed teams on the break with the speed of Son and the guile of Kane/Eriksen/Dele. Dortmund, Real, and we weren't even playing at the Lane either.

Fuck me I'm happy to have 30% possession any match I go and see if we win 3-0. Also, it means that we conserve energy for the next match which this season will be even more important than ever.

Personally, I loved Barcelona's tikka masala for a year or two, but then I got pretty bored with it.

It made me laugh when Inter knocked them out by playing the purest catenaccio, although I certainly don't advocate that style of play , unless it's totally necessary

Yes agreed and I’m liking the one touch stuff which doesn’t always come off but we’re getting there

I feel as if he'll enjoy this win more so than the 6-1.

Clean sheet, a good team performance regardless of the stale nature of the game, and another 3 pts.

We'd be clear at the top of the league if it wasnt for the Toon and Spammer result.

We're building!

Back
Top Bottom