Jose Mourinho

Do you accept Jose Mourinho as your saviour?

• Yes

Votes: 426 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 150 26.0%

• Total voters
The comparisons with Inter are right, of course, but also I was reminded today of Chelsea in their first ever season under Mourinho where they were very good defensively, conceeding a record low of 15 goals over the season. I remember the way they defended, allowing the other team to do things in certain areas but as soon as the opp entered certan territory the defending was intense and carried out as a team which made it extremely effective. That's exactly what we saw today.

Winning trophies requires luck as well. With injuries. With what the opposition come up with. With officiating etc. But we can clearly defend, we have tactics and a game plan, we have three world class forwards which will continue to score goals. And Chelsea are probably the only other team who I think look half decent so far and they've played a number of shit sides like Newcastle today who were woeful. I'm starting to get a bit excited about our prospects this season to be honest.

I admit that am an Inter fan. Today's performance gave me some 2009/2010 flash backs. And against Pep of all people.

I hope Spurs win gold soon. Fingers crossed.

During the summer there was chat about the summer transfer window before that season with inter where he got all the players he wanted in key positions. We said similar was happening with us. I’m not saying it will have exactly the same impact but when he is given what he wants playerwise it’s usually a good thing.

And you clearly are an Adriano's fan also, no? Great foorballer and a great man, always fun to hear his stories when he left football, very humble guy.
Glad people still remember him. How can I not be? He gave us some years of wonderful football. Shame that he finished his playing at top level so early.
During the summer there was chat about the summer transfer window before that season with inter where he got all the players he wanted in key positions. We said similar was happening with us. I’m not saying it will have exactly the same impact but when he is given what he wants playerwise it’s usually a good thing.
He asked for certain profiles of players, not for names necessarily. Some players, sure, but not all of them. Sporting director at the time said it himself recently.

"Branca was then asked if Mourinho ever asked him for specific players to be signed.

“He asked for very few and he always did it with great humility. He never put his foot down. He was convinced, and I think he still is, that a great coach must know how to win with the players he has.

“He pointed Quaresma out to us, it’s true, and we signed him. he spoke well of Deco and Carvalho, who he had coached at Chelsea. I told him I had other ideas and he did not take it badly, on the contrary. José knows how to listen.

“Who did we sign instead? Lucio from Bayern, for €5 million, since van Gaal did not let him play and coincidentally, we played the Champions League final against Bayern.

“We spent €15 million for Sneijder, who was at odds with Real Madrid and the final took place at their
stadium."
Ex-Inter Sporting Director Branca: "Built Treble Squad With Ibrahimovic Money, Conte Reminds Me Of Mancini"

Surely every Spurs fan is on the Mourinho train now ? No doubt about it he has his mojo back. We have the old Jose Mourinho and he’s managing our club Tottenham. I said it on talksport when Poch got the sack, get in a serial winner like Mourinho. We needed it and finally we are going in a direction where surely trophies are inevitable? I’m not saying we will win the league, but Jose Mourinho delivers, it’s as simple as that.

Good to see some doubters have started believing in Mourinho, only one request, don't start slating him when we will lose a match or two...
I was heavily against his appointment judging on how things soured for him so badly at his three previous jobs.

I also laid out certain parameters time and again; pre lockdown was awful, it was tremendously sketchy after the restart, but it’s been much improved this season (except Everton and Antwerp).

Personally, I don’t put much stock in game by game results. If the squad is settled and the players are well Drilled, then the results shall follow - The primary job of any coach is to get their individuals together cohesively.

He seems happier, more adaptable, more willing to change his mind over certain things.

It also helps that Levy/ENIC have pushed out the boat more for him than they had done for any of his predecessors

Top Bottom