Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well , the manager who hugs , cuddled and kiss all his players are currently sitting at 15th on the table having only 48% winrate over his tenure there having spend almost 300m Trophyless , imagine how toxic this thread would be if that was jose, with every single win they got their fans would said "this is the right man to take us forward" , while with every lost we suffer the reaction would be "mourinho isn't the man to take us forward"
What's that got to do with anything I posted? Never mentioned him once. You have a habit of arguing points that no one has made and your view of things is black and white - hugs bad = loser, no hugs good = winner.

Is Jose infallible? Beyond criticism? He may or may not win stuff with us (I really hope he does) but that doesn't mean everything he does is perfect does it? Read my post again and respond to it please, not things I never said.

So not only he is a trophyless manager but also fall out with his board often, still i don't understand the hype, it's very weird to me how football community these days tends to rate trophyless manager over serial winner , like i absolutely don't understand the process of thought for it.
Same here! Like everyone bums this guy yet hes done f all in football in terms of success, hes like a journey man manager who goes from average club to the next falling out with everyone when he cant get his own way...
Yet hes a god to some..

Same here! Like everyone bums this guy yet hes done f all in football in terms of success, hes like a journey man manager who goes from average club to the next falling out with everyone when he cant get his own way...
Yet hes a god to some..

Haven't we learnt from having Harry Kane that winning things doesn't necessarily determine how good you are?

Yet hes a god to some..
Lol the ignorance of this post is astounding.

He literally inspired a generation of managers and a way of playing that(thankfully) banished the awful muck football that the likes of Mourinho were playing in the mid to late 2000s back to the stone age, and managers such as Guardiola, Pochettino, Simeone and possibly Klopp I think have all called him one of if not the best coach in the world....

Journeyman manager? Give your head a wobble.

Lol the ignorance of this post is astounding.

He literally inspired a generation of managers and a way of playing that(thankfully) banished the awful muck football that the likes of Mourinho were playing in the mid to late 2000s back to the stone age, and managers such as Guardiola, Pochettino, Simeone and possibly Klopp I think have all called him one of if not the best coach in the world....

Journeyman manager? Give your head a wobble.

"One of these kids is not like the others...." :)

Haven't we learnt from having Harry Kane that winning things doesn't necessarily determine how good you are?

Yes but Bielsa hasn't even done anything impressive while not winning. At least with Kane their are individual performances that you can point to that are impressive.

Bielsa doesn't win, doesn't produce good teams, spends more time fighting with owners than producing winning football.

Bielsa seems good at one thing and that is having his overrated reputation spread by others. I won't deny that fans, media and other managers love him, but based on his career there is zero justification for that at all.

Yes but Bielsa hasn't even done anything impressive while not winning. At least with Kane their are individual performances that you can point to that are impressive.

Bielsa doesn't win, doesn't produce good teams, spends more time fighting with owners than producing winning football.

Bielsa seems good at one thing and that is having his overrated reputation spread by others. I won't deny that fans, media and other managers love him, but based on his career there is zero justification for that at all.

I'd say outclassing Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford was pretty impressive.

I'd say outclassing Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford was pretty impressive.

If his biggest achievement is a one off game I am not sure how impressive a managerial record that is.

And beating Ferguson is not a totally rare occurance. He has lost to bad managers before.

If his biggest achievement is a one off game I am not sure how impressive a managerial record that is.

And beating Ferguson is not a totally rare occurance. He has lost to bad managers before.

You said he hasn't done anything impressive.

I just noted one of the many things he did impressively.

I don't care for your opinion.

You said he hasn't done anything impressive.

I just noted one of the many things he did impressively.

I don't care for your opinion.

That's fine, its not just my opinion Bielsa's record speaks for itself.

There is a reason one of the first things his defenders point to is how much other managers praise him and not his long list of achievements as a manager.

That's fine, its not just my opinion Bielsa's record speaks for itself.

There is a reason one of the first things his defenders point to is how much other managers praise him and not his long list of achievements as a manager.

But this is just narrow minded.

In the same vein as people repeatedly saying "Yeah, but what has he won?" whenever an impressive Harry Kane performance or stat is brought up.

We see Harry Kane is a good player, not because of the trophies he's won. But because we SEE it. With our own eyes.

In the same way anyone who has actually sat and watched a Bielsa team can see how good of a coach he is. Considering you're basing your knowledge of Bielsa off of his wikipedia honours page, it's clear you probably haven't seen him outside of a potential Leeds game you've seen this season.

And even then, considering Leeds are up there with playing the best football in the league, it should probably tell you all you need to know about how good of a coach he is.

Do you not see the standard of football he is currently producing with a shower of donkeys?

Shower of Donkeys is a little harsh. It is far from the worst squad in the PL.

I also have not been that impressed with their play at all. Sure they go for it but have been very lucky to get results in a number of their games and that really stands out this early in the season in terms of the table.

But this is just narrow minded.

In the same vein as people repeatedly saying "Yeah, but what has he won?" whenever an impressive Harry Kane performance or stat is brought up.

We see Harry Kane is a good player, not because of the trophies he's won. But because we SEE it. With our own eyes.

In the same way anyone who has actually sat and watched a Bielsa team can see how good of a coach he is. Considering you're basing your knowledge of Bielsa off of his wikipedia honours page, it's clear you probably haven't seen him outside of a potential Leeds game you've seen this season.

And even then, considering Leeds are up there with playing the best football in the league, it should probably tell you all you need to know about how good of a coach he is.

Its not just his wikipedia page though.

And with Bielsa it isn't about winning or losing it is about how poor his performances have been as a manager and how poor he has been in terms of constantly fighting with those above him.

The fact that he can't seem to get along with anyone is an issue. It has happened enough times that it is clearly a him issue, not a bad ownership/management issue. If you are such a dick that you can't work for others that is a problem and not a good look for a manager. When you combine that with the fact that his team are never impressive in results or their style of play and there really isn't much to praise outside of the fact he seems to have been a big influence on other managers that have gone on to have success he is completely unable to find himself.

Back
Top Bottom