Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes but Bielsa hasn't even done anything impressive while not winning. At least with Kane their are individual performances that you can point to that are impressive.

Bielsa doesn't win, doesn't produce good teams, spends more time fighting with owners than producing winning football.

Bielsa seems good at one thing and that is having his overrated reputation spread by others. I won't deny that fans, media and other managers love him, but based on his career there is zero justification for that at all.

Bielsa did win things in Argentina, but regardless of that, look at the teams he managed in Europe. I suppose you’re the type of guy that rates Guardiola. He goes to the best and richest team in each country, spends the most money and the guys some sort of genius? What a load of bollocks.

Bielsa has been mainly at mid-table or second tier teams and in the case of Leeds and Bilbao especially taken them to a new level. These teams were not winning great silverware before he came and that wasn’t his remit.

If you remove context and just focus on silverware, then John O’Shea is a better player than Harry Kane. I think I could successfully argue that point by taking your managerial logic and applying it to players.

Its not just his wikipedia page though.

And with Bielsa it isn't about winning or losing it is about how poor his performances have been as a manager and how poor he has been in terms of constantly fighting with those above him.

Well, it absolutely is.

It's clear you've never seen a Bielsa coached team. And you're basing him and his managerial career off of stories you've read of him at other clubs and his honours list on wikipedia.

The fact that he can't seem to get along with anyone is an issue. It has happened enough times that it is clearly a him issue, not a bad ownership/management issue. If you are such a dick that you can't work for others that is a problem and not a good look for a manager. When you combine that with the fact that his team are never impressive in results or their style of play and there really isn't much to praise outside of the fact he seems to have been a big influence on other managers that have gone on to have success he is completely unable to find himself.

"Never impressive in results"

"Or their style of play"

Again.

Never. Watched. A. Bielsa. Coached. Team.

His teams are literally well known for how well coached they are and how exciting their brand of football is.

What separates Bielsa from the likes of Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger, Guardiola etc. is actually being able to have that winning streak on their resumé or having that bit inside of him that can help get his teams over the line.

On paper, his Bilbao team were nothing more than a team that finished mid table and were runners up in the domestic cup and the Europa League. With the eyes, you saw one of the best coached teams in La Liga who just didn't quite have enough to get it over the line.

He took a Leeds squad that had 13 managers in their previous 6 years. A Leeds team that had been out of the Premier League for 16 years. A team that less than 10 priors were in League One. A team that hadn't made the Championship play offs for 12 years. Improved their players through his coaching and got them back into the Premier League.

If that's not impressive in itself, I don't know what is.

The guy would make you run through walls for him and he'd improve you as a player. It's not just managers who have called him an inspiration and one of the best coaches in the world. There are numerous players. World class players. Who have also thanked him for improving him.

The you have never see a Bielsa coaches team because I disagree with you is such a weak, but not surprising, argument.

I have seen them and never been impressed.

This Leeds team is a perfect example they are not impressive in the least. They have been outplayed in the majority of their games so far and relied on luck more than anything else.

I know the cult of Bielsa will not listen to reason and ignore what happens on the field and find countless excuses for him.

The good thing is the game is played on the pitch and Bielsa and his teams will continue to show how ineffective they are.

Have we just been outplayed? Burnley you would say deserved to beat as well where we created f all chances. This bcos Maureen is scared of the opposition and bigs them up saying it will be hard gane instead of making them scared of us. Look a chelski 3-0 up already and from what I heard they have been all over Burnley. It’s the style of play, being ambitious and showing some intent that will win games more than this pragmatic approach of trying to setup us up to accommodate the opposition. You could say soton game first half as well where they should have scored a few goals.

Have we just been outplayed? Burnley you would say deserved to beat as well where we created f all chances. This bcos Maureen is scared of the opposition and bigs them up saying it will be hard gane instead of making them scared of us. Look a chelski 3-0 up already and from what I heard they have been all over Burnley. It’s the style of play, being ambitious and showing some intent that will win games more than this pragmatic approach of trying to setup us up to accommodate the opposition. You could say soton game first half as well where they should have scored a few goals.

I don't think we were outplayed, we did nothing but Burnley were equally poor as well.

I think we certainly gave them way too much respect and altered our line-up to suit them which was totally unnecessary, but we weren't outplayed.

I’m not going by “from what I heard”...I’ve been watching. Burnley has played nothing like they played us. Low energy, none of that thug-like performance, no bruising of anyone, not lumping the ball up to Barnes and wood. They simply didn’t look up for it like they showed against us. They had a good spell late in the first half but couldn’t create in the final third.

Any explanation for that? Could they sense they could boss spurs physically more than Chelsea or I have Chelsea just been quicker and smarter with the ball not allowing Burnley to build up any impetus? We played very deep.

Any explanation for that? Could they sense they could boss spurs physically more than Chelsea or I have Chelsea just been quicker and smarter with the ball not allowing Burnley to build up any impetus? We played very deep.

Likely a bit of both. Chelsea moved the ball around a bit quicker plus Burnley couldn’t get themselves going. They had a chance early in the first half with Barnes. If he made that, it could have liven them up but Burnley just never got going like they did against us. Their heads dropped abit after getting frustrated with not being able to create that battling situation.

I’m not going by “from what I heard”...I’ve been watching. Burnley has played nothing like they played us. Low energy, none of that thug-like performance, no bruising of anyone, not lumping the ball up to Barnes and wood. They simply didn’t look up for it like they showed against us. They had a good spell late in the first half but couldn’t create in the final third.

I have watched the game as well and this is where a difference in opinion comes in. Chelsea have fought for every first and second ball. We got beat to those. That is why we struggled to break them down. We also played deeper than chelsea allowing more room in between the lines for the second ball to be won.

I have watched the game as well and this is where a difference in opinion comes in. Chelsea have fought for every first and second ball. We got beat to those. That is why we struggled to break them down. We also played deeper than chelsea allowing more room in between the lines for the second ball to be won.

This was so frustratingly lacking from us on Thursday night.

Exactly my point the sitting deep and not attacking or fighting for 1st/2nd balls is the key. Just don’t understand why we either don’t or can’t especially with a manager like Maureen. Saying it again sitting deep and letting the oppo gain a foothold is gonna cost us and has done like spam and EL games. Doesn’t suit us! We need to play with pace and go on the front foot.

Lol the ignorance of this post is astounding.

He literally inspired a generation of managers and a way of playing that(thankfully) banished the awful muck football that the likes of Mourinho were playing in the mid to late 2000s back to the stone age, and managers such as Guardiola, Pochettino, Simeone and possibly Klopp I think have all called him one of if not the best coach in the world....

Journeyman manager? Give your head a wobble.
I would take Jose trophies over a “style” of football that wins you fuck all! :mourcheeks:

I’ll try to watch it back but I didn’t see the kind of work rate and battle that the Burnley players gave us fighting for the first and second ball. I don't remember seeing chelsea having to work extra hard to fight for first and second ball.

I’ll try to watch it back but I didn’t see the kind of work rate and battle that the Burnley players gave us fighting for the first and second ball. I don't remember seeing chelsea having to work extra hard to fight for first and second ball.
Partially because Silva and Zouma won most of their battles with Wood and Barnes. Toby and Dier (think that was the pairing) struggled.

I think sayIng Bielsa has won fuck all means his ideas are irrelevant is a bit naive. In many sports and entertainment there have been people who were innovative or had different ideas which may not have resulted in great success for themselves. However other people would have been inspired by them and had greater success. Music industry is one where you can have an artist who has inspired many more others who then enjoyed great commercial success. So Bielsa has inspired other managers who perhaps had greater recourses to put his ideas into practice.

Back
Top Bottom