Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry you feel like that, and apologies for being a cunt.

Obviously, this forum has the ignore feature so feel free to use it. I'll leave you be, regardless.
So that's it? Vile abuse and torrents of undeserved hatre warrants a simple apology and all is forgiven? I myself have laughed and found your horrible spewings funny but when they're aimed at me, I see them for the bullying they are so I've learned something from this...I'm yet to be convinced that you have. I won't be ignoring you as, on occasions, you make valid points...
I appreciate the removal of the strapline to your name though but my overall opinion of your behaviour hasn't massively changed.

So that's it? Vile abuse and torrents of undeserved hatre warrants a simple apology and all is forgiven? I myself have laughed and found your horrible spewings funny but when they're aimed at me, I see them for the bullying they are so I've learned something from this...I'm yet to be convinced that you have. I won't be ignoring you as, on occasions, you make valid points...
I appreciate the removal of the strapline to your name though but my overall opinion of your behaviour hasn't massively changed.

I don't expect your opinion of me to change, at least now nor instant forgiveness. FWIW (nought, I know), I appreciated I've crossed the line plenty of times, and that includes our recent interactions, and I certainly appreciate that it comes across as bullying..I think maybe you should look at some of your responses though as they've been pretty vile too...but it is what it is!

Look, I can't promise we won't have disagreements ever again, nor that I'll never say anything cunty, but I'll do my best not to.

About all I can say, really. We're all spurs fans, we all want similar things (success), let's hope we see some of that.

Happy new year for 2021 to you.

I also realise that the above is a complete 360 in what I've recently posted towards you, I can only say that I'm not always too proud to admit when I'm being a wankhead.

I think it interesting that you found us losing the CL final a bigger high than winning an FA Cup or League Cup.

Just an observation...
I didn't say that though did I. But thanks so much for your interest in what I have to say, especially as you said you weren't going to talk to me. Looks like you got a bit triggered.

I didn't say that though did I. But thanks so much for your interest in what I have to say, especially as you said you weren't going to talk to me. Looks like you got a bit triggered.
You did say that.

'triggered'? You really have no understanding of what that means, bit like being a Spurs fan who longs for glory - you have no understanding of that either.

I don't expect your opinion of me to change, at least now nor instant forgiveness. FWIW (nought, I know), I appreciated I've crossed the line plenty of times, and that includes our recent interactions, and I certainly appreciate that it comes across as bullying..I think maybe you should look at some of your responses though as they've been pretty vile too...but it is what it is!

Look, I can't promise we won't have disagreements ever again, nor that I'll never say anything cunty, but I'll do my best not to.

About all I can say, really. We're all spurs fans, we all want similar things (success), let's hope we see some of that.

Happy new year for 2021 to you.

I also realise that the above is a complete 360 in what I've recently posted towards you, I can only say that I'm not always too proud to admit when I'm being a wankhead.
I do appreciate it but time will tell. As for my comments to you: I was making a point and fighting hatred with pseudo hatred as I am sick to death of the abuse that you Chuck around.
Im sure we'll chat again and disagreements are fine but they don't have to be riddled with some of the vitriol I've seen and now experienced.

I'm sure 2021 will be a better time in many ways.

Gosh, some toxic place this place has turned into. I’ve never seen nearly as much activity on this message board when we’re doing well.

No wins in 4, 3 draws and 1 loss, this place completely melts down calling for our manager’s head.

Best stay away if you are not one of the JoseOut crowd.

Gosh, some toxic place this place has turned into. I’ve never seen nearly as much activity on this message board when we’re doing well.

No wins in 4, 3 draws and 1 loss, this place completely melts down calling for our manager’s head.

It's not the results - it's the method

surely you can see that?

Match threads are just the same people saying they wish they weren't watching, repeat every 30 seconds, like somebody had chained them to the screen. The guy who said he would fuck off until Jose is gone had the right idea.

Hello, ive logged on for the second time to say how much i pray for the day Mourinho fucks off and brings his rancid,long ball football with him. An absolute pox upon the club who deserves no respect or credit for a single thing he has done since becoming our manager. Damm him to hell.
You won't last long on here, sitting on the fence like that.

:sonpoint:

Telegraph article

It is all about the Dele Alli flick that gave away a goal against Stoke City. Jose Mourinho called out Alli after the League Cup tie, spoke of his anger and of the player “creating problems for his own team”.

Except Alli did not give away a goal, did he? His flick was a bad decision – there was a much less risky pass to make – but he did not give up on it, he then challenged a Stoke player, forcing the ball to be played back to the goalkeeper. Tottenham had plenty of time to re-set defensively before Jordan Thompson eventually scored the equaliser. Alli was substituted 13 minutes later, showed his pent-up anger, Spurs went on to win the quarter-final 3-1 in his absence and Mourinho was inevitably asked about the incident.

Why does this matter? Imagine how Mourinho would have reacted had he still been the Manchester United manager when Bruno Fernandes gave the ball away, in a far more dangerous area, directly leading to Leicester City’s first goal in the 2-2 draw on Boxing Day? It would have been similar, and it is this kind of public upbraiding that comes to mind when watching Spurs against Wolverhampton Wanderers when they scored in the first minute and then grimly defended and tried to hold on which the failed to do.

Afterwards Mourinho claimed these were not his instructions. But the way he sets up his team, the tactics he adopts, the substitutions he made, the tone he sets and the way he criticises players who make mistakes creates an inhibiting environment. It is fear first. Players are scared of making an error and Mourinho has always believed that the team that makes the fewest errors will win. He spoke about a lack of “ambition” but does he encourage it when he is so quick to chastise and look for scapegoats?

It is nothing new and the treatment of Alli follows a pattern. The 24-year-old has been made an example of, is clearly unwanted by Mourinho, but can also be the kind of creative, box-to-box midfielder Spurs lack and the manager, apparently, wants them to sign in the January window when Alli should also go. Alli is also a popular member of the dressing room and there is sympathy towards him and the way he has been treated.

In his excellent new book, The Greatest Games, Telegraph columnist Jamie Carragher argues that there is no “right way” to win and, of course, that is true. What is fascinating about this season, more than any other, is that style of play and philosophy has become such a hot and divisive topic.

But the thing with Mourinho, a senior figure at Chelsea once privately said, is if he stops winning then what is there left? Granted the comment was made as the relationship had turned decidedly sour but it is difficult to think of another manager who provokes such violent reactions.

On the face of it, a 1-1 draw away to Wolves is respectable enough, as is the fact that Spurs sit in fifth place in the league, just a point outside the top four and six points behind leaders Liverpool.

It is hardly crisis time and wins over Fulham and Leeds United this week should see them back in the Champions League places and maybe even challenging for the title again. Not so long ago they took seven points from fixtures against Manchester City, Chelsea and Woolwich and the attacking axis of Son and Harry Kane was scaring the rest of the league with Mourinho being praised.

And yet. Spurs have gained just two points from their last four league games and it is the manner of those defeats and draws that is causing so much vexation for the fans of a club whose motto is “To Dare is To Do”. Maybe it is too much to say that, in these times above all others, and especially during this restricted festive period, there is a duty to try and entertain and not just to try and win. But the Spurs fans who watched the Wolves game will have been left feeling empty at the final whistle. Without the victory – as that Chelsea official said – what was there?

Mourinho has always played the percentages but never more so than at Spurs and what will be eating him up at present is not just the flatlining of results but the fact that they have dropped nine points this season with goals conceded in the last 10 minutes, which is the most by any side in the Premier League. For Mourinho that will be unforgivable, as will the fact they have conceded six goals from set-pieces.

There has been a theory since the start of the campaign that the condensed nature of the season, the fixture and injury pile-up, the freakishness of playing in empty stadia, the continued uncertainty caused by Covid-19, has created a chaos that means a character such as Mourinho will thrive.

That may well be the case. Spurs face Brentford in the League Cup semi-final and are close to winning their first trophy since 2008; they are in the last-32 of the Europa League and the signings made under Mourinho have – largely – worked out, although the elephant in the room remains the lack of an effective contribution from Gareth Bale.

But it is on the cusp. They need to rally or the restiveness will rise. A personal preference has always been for more positive football – for Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Marcelo Bielsa – but each to their own. There is no right or wrong way, as Carragher points out. The difference though is that when you do not win the Mourinho way there is less to sustain you and there is more negativity than with those managers he curls his nose up at.

Name anyone who has said they are happy when we don't win?

Just because you want to make up that BS narrative doesn't make it true. When Jose comes up with a stupid line-up, like he did yesterday he should be called out. When he takes off Ndombele but leaves on crap like Winks and Sissoko people shouldn't be happy. When Jose sets us up with tactics to lose why wouldn't people be upset?

The only blind agenda here is that of the Jose apologists unwilling to see reality or allow for criticism to be made against their hero.
For not want to create the poison thats going on in places like woolwich. Sack mourinho what next? Its not being a jose apologist its trying to support your team. Keep sacking managers and we'll have same old shite.
And when next manager comes in plays open football we get torn apart youll be slating him for being tactically inept were too open, too naiive. Cant win with people on here

Back
Top Bottom