Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do not remember Dier being this bad at passing when he was in midfield? Maybe he just did the safe pass every time passing it back so it was not as noticeable or I'm not remembering right but I could have sworn he was a decent passer as a CDM.

He had Dembele holding his hand.

I do not remember Dier being this bad at passing when he was in midfield? Maybe he just did the safe pass every time passing it back so it was not as noticeable or I'm not remembering right but I could have sworn he was a decent passer as a CDM.
He wasn’t great as I recall and he attempts the long ball too often for me which quite often doesn’t reach the intended recipient

He managed it once to Dele against the Chavs which resulted in a great goal but he needs to play it simple more often imv

How can you say that it wasn’t Jose?
LOL 😂

Because I watched the games and it clearly wasn;t Jose,

He didn't set the team up to win at all, Kane and Son had to have individual moments of brilliance to overcome the fact that the team could not create goals through build up play, passing or tactics.

The team had an unprecedented PL run from Son and Kane and still struggled to beat teams like Newcastle, WBA, Brighton, Burnley, Everton.

You can't point to a single thing that Jose did to help the team win to start the season and many things that he did to hurt the team.

Because I watched the games and it clearly wasn;t Jose,

He didn't set the team up to win at all, Kane and Son had to have individual moments of brilliance to overcome the fact that the team could not create goals through build up play, passing or tactics.

The team had an unprecedented PL run from Son and Kane and still struggled to beat teams like Newcastle, WBA, Brighton, Burnley, Everton.

You can't point to a single thing that Jose did to help the team win to start the season and many things that he did to hurt the team.
I watched the games too and Jose was doing his job which Harry and Sonny have bought into

Your last paragraph says it all about you and your agenda
Bye

I'm sorry but isn't xG all about giving more details on specific plays? I would say the opposite of what you said, I do not feel xG gives the whole story but if you're looking at just one or two moments then xG is a good tool. It gives you more details on how often that type of shot is scored.

I think the thing we both agree on is that our defense needs improvement. We are fucked when not defending in numbers as we have shown numerous times since Jose has taken over. I think Toby is too slow and Dier is way too slow. Sanchez is quick enough but he has no football IQ. Hopefully, Rodon and Tanganga can develop into starters but we are going to have to buy at least one CB before we improve at the back.

No I would not say that because it missed a lot of the details in the actual play by just using generalizations to calculate how dangerous the chance is. For example you say the Ndombele play was a more dangerous chance when the Dier FK was clearly much more likely to go in.

Sure the defense needs improving Toby is great but getting older and the rest of the CB are very questionable. But that doesn't mean that we should sit back and be scared of guys like Eze and Zaha, especially when we are dominating them with possession and attacking football.

If you are scared of Eze and Zaha attacking you, which you shouldn't be, then how about keep the ball away from them rather than gladly giving it up to them and hoping that by putting a donkey like Sissoko back there they won't hurt you.

I watched the games too and Jose was doing his job which Harry and Sonny have bought into

Your last paragraph says it all about you and your agenda
Bye

How do you think we set up differently in those games v how we have set up since? I think since then teams have just got wise to Kane dropping deep and Son running on behind - crowd out Kane and you stop our only threat, that's why we aren't scoring when sitting on a lead any more. Down to the manager to resolve, surely?

How do you think we set up differently in those games v how we have set up since? I think since then teams have just got wise to Kane dropping deep and Son running on behind - crowd out Kane and you stop our only threat, that's why we aren't scoring when sitting on a lead any more. Down to the manager to resolve, surely?
Might be a bit more to it than that but the players must do as they’re told!!

No I would not say that because it missed a lot of the details in the actual play by just using generalizations to calculate how dangerous the chance is. For example you say the Ndombele play was a more dangerous chance when the Dier FK was clearly much more likely to go in.

Sure the defense needs improving Toby is great but getting older and the rest of the CB are very questionable. But that doesn't mean that we should sit back and be scared of guys like Eze and Zaha, especially when we are dominating them with possession and attacking football.

If you are scared of Eze and Zaha attacking you, which you shouldn't be, then how about keep the ball away from them rather than gladly giving it up to them and hoping that by putting a donkey like Sissoko back there they won't hurt you.
Jose will never play the "keep away style" he has said numerous times throughout his career that the team with the ball more is more likely to make a mistake. I don't like it but that's how Jose is.

Jose will never play the "keep away style" he has said numerous times throughout his career that the team with the ball more is more likely to make a mistake. I don't like it but that's how Jose is.

I know that he won't but that doesn't mean that he is right. We looked great against Palace when we had possession and were attacking them when the game was tied, we looked terrible when we gave away possession and sat back at 1-0.

Jose can hate having possession all he wants but if he ignores what is clearly working, whether within a game or overall, then he is an idiot.

No thoughts as to what's changed between now and then? as you seem pretty certain that it wasn't a case of Kane and Son hitting a mad bit of form and dragging us through games
I’m not disagreeing with you
Sonny and Kane were great and were probably inspired by Jose

:mourbringit:

Mourinho gave contracts to Alderweireld and Dier and signed Rodon, plays Aurier ahead of his RB signing and signed Regulion for LB - the defense is his, if there's issues with it then it's of his own doing, no?

Maybe he was too harsh on Sanchez after the West Ham game? A bit of speed in there might be just the ticket to allow us to play 10-15m further forward?

Concerning however that Skriniar appears to be the target for CB as supposedly he's as slow as anyone already here, which doesn't really scream that the manager wants the defense further forward and is looking to perfect the tactics already in place rather than alter them...
The notion that we can’t play attacking football because of Toby and Dier is crazy.

Man Utd, who are ahead of us with a donkey manager, play more expansive with a CB partnership of Maguire and Lindelof. It doesn’t get much slower than that.

I do not think this place is poison at all but if that is your view fair enough. That has nothing to do with your made up fantasy about me ripping a manager that we haven't even hired in the future.

The feeling in here is nothing like AFTV but you want try and equate it because of course nobody wants to be AFTV so you think it gives your BS point credibility when it doesn't at all.
If its your view my point is BS thats fair enough. I didnt agree with your point but unlike you i dont view peoples opinions as BS because i dont agree with them. If you dont think in here is over the top even before kick off again thats your view but i wont call someones view BS.

If its your view my point is BS thats fair enough. I didnt agree with your point but unlike you i dont view peoples opinions as BS because i dont agree with them. If you dont think in here is over the top even before kick off again thats your view but i wont call someones view BS.

I think comparing it to AFTV which is an extreme and roundly mocked is BS yes.

I have been to many message boards from different teams and sports and this is not really any different than those in regards to reactions of fans when the team is doing well or poorly.

The AFTV reference is totally ridiculous and again done to get a reaction by comparing people to Woolwich.

I think comparing it to AFTV which is an extreme and roundly mocked is BS yes.

I have been to many message boards from different teams and sports and this is not really any different than those in regards to reactions of fans when the team is doing well or poorly.

The AFTV reference is totally ridiculous and again done to get a reaction by comparing people to Woolwich.
Yeah youre right thats the only reason im here. Youve found me out 👍

Back
Top Bottom