Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch had a younger toby and jan to play a higher line. He had walker and rose in great form. And 2 animals in dembele and wanyama. We dont have that. Guardiola still cant get his team to defend despite 750 mill to sort it. Klopp spent 130 million on van dyk and alisson to sort his defence out. And klopp was there 3 years before they finally got it together.
Its widely known mourinho wants pacier centre halves to play a higher line. Our one pacy one is a liability. Our right backs are nut jobs.
Do i like the way we are playing fuck no. Will i wait till end of season to judge? Yes. If we havent a trophy and top 4 then we can say this isnt good enough.
We tried the other way long enough. Lets get a trophy any way we can and build on it
I disagree with a trophy any way we can. Tis not the spurs way and I would hate to sacrifice our trademark football for a trophy...I WOULD TAKE A TROPHY SURE BUT WINNING ONE BY PLAYING LIKE THIS WOULD LEAVE ME A TAD UNFULFILLED (apologies for caps but otherwise some 'people' on here go batshit crazy and hurl all sorts of insults).
Mourinho can have time sure and I'm down with that but I cannot stand this way of playing and I am sure the majority of spurs fans (and indeed supporters of other teams) would wanna see us (their) team playing with some flair...guardiola and klopp have had time for sure but I don't recall anyone saying their football was dull during that build up to success and ours doesn't have to be either. Wolves result was diabolical and no one wants to see that game in, game out. I'm afraid that we give him his 3 years, money to spend and we could still not win anything and we've sat through 3 seasons of mostly uninspiring football that wastes the skills of the very talented squad we have....
If I was the chairman, he's gone now but levy has backed himself into a (very expensive) corner and has literally no choice but to back the man he bought in specifically to win trophies....

Watching Leeds rip WBA apart ( I know Leeds got spanked by manure) but they are 4-0 up after 40 mins. Commentator made a great comment “ they ain’t gonna declare”. They just keep going and have a great attitude. Not always gonna work but at least they show ambition to be progressive and continue playing on the front foot. They put in some much energy. Everyone saying next two games we should pick 6 points. I have a feeling it’s not so easy unless we match the desire of both Fulham and Leeds.

We don't need to win a trophy at any costs - we need to aim for the top and build a deep squad, once you're at that level you will pick up smaller trophies along the way to challenging for major honors.
Seriously? Some fans have waited a lifetime to see Tottenham win the big bucket. We are not all young anymore in a broader sense.

Seriously? Some fans have waited a lifetime to see Tottenham win the big bucket. We are not all young anymore in a broader sense.

The club is geared up to be a consistent contender for the big prizes and that's what the aim should be.

i don't think he's going to be a success but you don't appoint a manager with the track record of Mourinho, after sacking a manager who got you runners up in the league and CL, and then aim for the league cup.

Watching Leeds rip WBA apart ( I know Leeds got spanked by manure) but they are 4-0 up after 40 mins. Commentator made a great comment “ they ain’t gonna declare”. They just keep going and have a great attitude. Not always gonna work but at least they show ambition to be progressive and continue playing on the front foot. They put in some much energy. Everyone saying next two games we should pick 6 points. I have a feeling it’s not so easy unless we match the desire of both Fulham and Leeds.
leeds the exact sort of team i expect son to get a hatrick against. them open teams are sons bread and butter, not the teams looking to counter where he becomes as useful as harry winks

leeds the exact sort of team i expect son to get a hatrick against. them open teams are sons bread and butter, not the teams looking to counter where he becomes as useful as harry winks

It will be an interesting test as to where we are - i suspect that they will play their own game which as you say should play in to our hands but I'm concerned that teams have cottoned on to the fact that crowding out Kane nullifies our counter

One of my biggest concerns is the midfield. For whatever reason they're just not doing their job well at the moment. They're not linking up play between the defence and the forwards, but they're not doing the business in front of goal themselves either.
We've scored around 26 goals this season in the league, 20 of which were scored by Son or Kane. Those two have 14 out of our 22 assists too. We're far too reliant on them and our opponents know that now.
Quite honestly I'm fed up of seeing our world class striker loitering somewhere between the centre circle and box whilst our midfield are either back defending or in the box waiting for something to happen. Kane should be the man up top with the midfield feeding to him.

I am still firmly in the 'give José time' camp, but surely he can see were giving away far too many late goals? We just can't hold on for 1-nil wins because our players aren't up for it mentally. We still need to push on for more goals during the game to give ourselves a cushion.

This evening I have watched Leeds hammer West Brom...admitted west brom are dog shite, but you can only admire the way leeds go about things, and the way bielsa has them set up..whats mourinhos excuse as we clearly have way better players than leeds do??

Post match analysis of wba v Leeds and they were talking about WBA and you could substitute Spurs for them exactly the same. Leeds had 75% and banged in 5 with 26 touches in the oppo pen box. Don’t think we’ve had that many in the last 6 games. They won’t be a push over and I fear our slow ponderous play at the back and lack of technique amongst some of them especially sissoko they will just hound us off the ball and win it back high up to attack us. Of course if we go long they have so much energy they will just stick someone on Kane who will get bundled off the ball. For all their faults Leeds are 3 points behind us scored 29 goals and kept 6 clean sheets. Not sure how many we have kept with parking the bus. They key is the players will need to bust a gut and chase every ball like they do. Our better quality forwards should then come out on top.

This evening I have watched Leeds hammer West Brom...admitted west brom are dog shite, but you can only admire the way leeds go about things, and the way bielsa has them set up..whats mourinhos excuse as we clearly have way better players than leeds do??

Biesla coaches his players how to attack, Mourinho lets the few players he allows to cross he half way line work it out themselves

Why are people wanting us to be like Leeds? They're below us and will be at the end of the season. Yes they beat West Brom well and fair play but they've also been well beaten this season on a number of occasions.

Back
Top Bottom