Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with some of what you say, however Jose is about instant results , he has to be as he is likely gone in 12 -18 months, possibly less , unlikely longer. Therefore the work in progress is not and never has been his style.. If for some reason you believe he loves Spurs more than any other club, or has suddenly become a 5 year project manager, please explain why you think that.
As I said I agree with some of what you say, but Jose does not do work in progress in my opinion. It’s always been it won’t be pleasurable to watch but I get trophies and I get them quickly
I understand where you´re coming from, but there´s a middle ground between instant results and a long term project. It's only natural. I mentioned Klopp for context, but I think we will win a title faster than he did at Liverpool.

That said, there are arguments to suggest that Jose could stay at Spurs for longer than he did previously in his career.

Last edited:
He’s properly and rightly pissed off at regullion

Mourinho on the Reguilon, Lo Celso and Lamela incident​

"I gave him an amazing gift. A Portuguese piglet which is amazing. I gave him because I was told he would be spending Christmas on his own. He was not alone as you can see. We as a club feel disappointed. We give the players all the education and it was a negative surprise for us."

Pleased to see continued attacking intent from the team at 1,2 and 3 nil - one game in isolation doesn't mean much and Leeds are quite unique in how they set up but fingers crossed it's the start of some much needed attacking progression

Pochettino would have won that 4-0 😤

And Bielsa would have beat Leeds 5-0 😤😤😤

Not good enough, dinosaur, boring football etc etc

What is the point of these nonsense posts that make up shit that nobody has said?

It really shows how pathetic your supposed argument is that you need to create an argument that nobody is making to try and make your pathetic point.

He’s properly and rightly pissed off at regullion

Mourinho on the Reguilon, Lo Celso and Lamela incident​

"I gave him an amazing gift. A Portuguese piglet which is amazing. I gave him because I was told he would be spending Christmas on his own. He was not alone as you can see. We as a club feel disappointed. We give the players all the education and it was a negative surprise for us."

Whether they do or not , has little to do with whether Jose has ever, or will ever work that way. He still seems to follow a scorched earth way of delivering success.
It takes him a season to get the message home to the players what he wants. Then they do it for a couple of years, which has always meant winning things everywhere he goes. Then he moves on.
It could be the same for us, we are on target anyway.
I wouldn't be surprised if he stays longer though, the job he wants after us is probably the Portugal national side.
The 2022 World Cup could be a fiasco in Qatar, but for Jose to win the 2026 World Cup in the USA, I could see that happening. That could mean leaving us in 2023.

Yeah. I believe we would have won this match 3-1 possible 3-2 with Poch.
Reminded my of Mou in hos early Chelsea days. Boring footie with a lot of goals and clean sheet on the back.

LOL

What nonsense.

Guessing on what the score would be with a different manager is silly, even worse when the prediction is as stupid as this.

Not keen on seeing any of them play for us for quite some time and we should publicly state the punishment they receive for this.

Firstly the stupidity and selfishness to all be together against the lockdown procedures.

Secondly, the downright fucking amazing dumb thought to put a photo on social media. A trio of imbeciles.

What is the point of these nonsense posts that make up shit that nobody has said?

It really shows how pathetic your supposed argument is that you need to create an argument that nobody is making to try and make your pathetic point.
Absolutely right mate.

The whole forum is riddled with it. The match thread in particular.

I'm just delighted we won and got the much needed 3 points to get our season back on track.
I tend to leave this playground nonsense to the kids that get off on it.

Here's to a satisfying weekend, bro'

200.gif

3 goals and all is well again.

Different game today, which was needed. That intent he talks about was turned from a 2 to 6. Much better and thank baby jesus for that.

Could have been this could have been that, but was what it was, a deserved win and a much better performance.

Onto the next one. Let's keep that intent above a 5.

Hope Mourinho was experimenting that low block and now we keep playing like this. The game today remembered me of West Ham, for obvious reasons, but we defended so much better despite winning by three. If the point was to teach the team How do defend It worked very well.

LOL

What nonsense.

Guessing on what the score would be with a different manager is silly, even worse when the prediction is as stupid as this.
Nope, it’s really not. We are much more cautious in defense then we were under Poch. Hence why I think this is a typical game were we would concede with Poch. Leeds Are good going forward with more open defenses.

Nope, it’s really not. We are much more cautious in defense then we were under Poch. Hence why I think this is a typical game were we would concede with Poch. Leeds Are good going forward with more open defenses.

We were also better going forward so if you are going with that narrative then keeping us at only 3 goals is a little silly.

Back
Top Bottom