Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although the players he inherited came within 90 minutes of becoming European champions just 18 months ago!
Interestingly the fans rate the same players a lot less since poch went hmmm. I guess it fitted its the manager not the players argument better.

Interesting. I keep going back & forth on it. Logically its levy so top 4. But maybe the no trophy criticism is getting to him so he wants that monkey off his back.
But then I go back to thinking it's levy, he couldn't care less about criticism & what the fans think. All will be revealed if jose gets us top 4 or a cup!:levyeyes:
CL is all that matters, that's where the big money is. Winning the EPL and anywhere up to 5th or 6th doesn't have too much difference in earnings.

This is all the result of the "I'll take crap football if it means winning things" mentality.

It's usually spouted either by loser geriatrics ( Bazali Bazali , SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs etc) who live vicariously through the team (even though they probably can't even follow the ball on the screen), or insecure low iq chaps who are sick of being out bantered by their peers online or real life. The weird Jose fanboy nonces I won't even go into.

If winning is the only thing that matters then it doesn't fucking matter what the sport is. Fuck off to horse racing. Or tiddywinks.

In the Marine match thread after witnessing a boring, shitty yet easy performance a poster commented that he hoped we'd get a better team in the next round, clearly wanting more of a challenge and spectacle. Cue a few cunts saying his disguise had slipped as that meant he didn't want us to win no matter what. Lmao. That's what this pathetic mentality is doing to people. I don't want boring shit football, even if we win.

We play this shit football that requires us to score every chance and never make mistakes despite conceding possession. And that is with Kane and Son outperforming their xG to an extent they literally rank the highest in Europe. Imagine if they weren't that clinical! We actually have cunts after games now blaming players for missing a chance.

Now please just stop all the "we're only 6 points off top, this is the highest we've ever been at this stage etc". I don't care the football is unbearable. Context matters. Being in the mix is relevant when your capable of going on a good run and beating teams convincingly.

I would happily jump on board with the win at all cost crowd. If only for one small thing... I watch our fucking matches. I don't want to see 90 mins of shit. Just no.

Thank you bald cunt for this mess.
Apart from the dig at Baz and Grocer, I pretty much agree with every word written here.

If ever there was a live action, before our eyes example as to why this mans tactics simply do not work in any way shape or form in the modern era, tonight was the night. I mean where do you start...

In footballing terms, Fulham played us off the park tonight. Their movement, one touch passing and attacking play was a level above ours all night. Fulham, ladies and gentleman.
Our attacking play is so shockingly poor it actually beggars belief. There’s no structure to it, no evidence of any kind of coaching at all. I’ve reference this before, but if you watch us play, almost every chance we create is just off the cuff. It’s a piece of magic, a lucky break away from an interception, a through ball from Kane or Ndombele to Son. It’s absolutely baffling to me that Jose Mournhio thinks that this is a winning formula. Yeah we’ll win some matches playing this way like Leeds where we’re lucky and every shot we take goes in. But there will be far too many games like tonight where all our chances don’t go in and we drop points.

The really sad thing about this depressing Mourinho era is that there’s every chance he could fluke his way to a League Cup, and even if he finishes 10th in the league and leaves us in an absolute heap he’ll have brainwashed a large number of fans who’ll claim his time here was a massive success and that he was some sort of massiah, similar to how some clowns claim he was a success at United.

The man is completely, and utterly, done and dusted as a top level manager. He’s also a slimy, arrogant, two faced prick to boot who I have no doubt will throw many a player under the bus before he’s through with us to cover up for his hopelessness. I for one, cannot wait until he’s gone from our club.

Rant over. Mourinho fan boys (if there’s any left) come at me.
👍

We will also attract all the big stars when we win the league cup. They will all want a piece of that carabao action!
No but maybe more money for the next sponsors

levy2.gif

Last edited:
Beat City and it’s all down to him , it’s a Jose masterclass . Fail to win playing the same tactics against weaker teams and It’s not his fault. Sorry but you cannot have it both ways,
People cannot have it both ways that should read, I actually agree with Kingjewell. I thought I might struggle, but I would try the trophies for shite football trade. Actually the struggle is not worth it

BMJ wasn't managing during a pandemic though.
Isn’t the same for all the managers at the moment or does the pandemic only affects a supposed “super” coach earning £15/m. It’s his job to navigate the current climate and he should be doing it better than most of the other managers. Pathetic post!

Mourinho out boring shit football
It’s embarrassing that when pundits talk about barcodes and their style of play they code just as easily be talking about us. Imagine Jose is producing team with the same level of entertainer as that jovial geordie Bruce. Not sure which one of them thinks their in good company but not great for spurs to be likened to barcodes and their negative style.

Isn’t the same for all the managers at the moment or does the pandemic only affects a supposed “super” coach earning £15/m. It’s his job to navigate the current climate and he should be doing it better than most of the other managers. Pathetic post!
It is the same for all other managers. All the ones that are within a few points of us.

The general consensus seems to be that the frequency of matches means there’s very little can be worked on in training, it’s just a case of getting through the season. Probably why nobody is streaking away with the title.

I’ve been one of the biggest defenders. However if this shite football prolong he as to go in the summer
Unfortunately I don’t see the shit football go away. You probably know him better but I am told he was doing the same at Man Utd - score, defend lead, concede, get desperate to score again, fail. I mean I would understand if we did it against top 6 sides but against Fulham? They’re fucking Championship quality and we’re a top 6 club, they’re not overachieving either like Sheff Utd last year, I am really wondering what’s our approach gonna be against them in the weekend cause if we sit back again after we eventually score, I’m going to be mad.

Back
Top Bottom