Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow.

I mean I agree with every word but its brutal isnt it?

The thought if him wasting 200 million in the summer knowing how we dont spend money feels me with dread.
It is surely going down a slippery path giving this man money to spend. Think about it. It will take years to rectify and start playing our game. The Tottenham way.

But Levy is saying spending doesn't mean success and Jose whilst making excuses for shit football/results appears to be toeing the party line saying we don't need an overhaul.

One can only hope it's them trying not to undervalue the current squad (but Jose's excuses do the opposite really) or weaken their negotiation position in the market. But decades have shown us this is unlikely the case.

Almost seems 'new manager bouncy' but perhaps one of Jose's faithful can better help me understand things here.
oljqhntjyim41.png

Makes a few good points but quite a lazy article, really. Dull and full of cliches - nothing happening so why not whack out an anti-Mourinho article, eh?

Wilson's book on Eastern European football is a good read though.
Interesting take. In what ways do you feel the article was lazy? And are you talking the 1+1=2 way or 'slow day at the office' way you say at the end?

Interesting take. In what ways do you feel the article was lazy? And are you talking the 1+1=2 way or 'slow day at the office' way you say at the end?
The goals we concede are not on the manager but on the players, setup and strategy yes.

The team lacks a decent keeper, Toby is all over the place, Sanchez and Aurier are just scary to watch.

Jose has at his disposal 1 defender, covering 4 positions in Tanganga.
In midfield, Jose played Erikssen at the bequest of the board, hence no play time for skipp.

Dier is Dier,Ndombele can not get up to speed, Sissoko doesn't excel at anything.

We have one fit midfielder in Winks,been tasked to do a shielding job, as Gedson gets his fitness up.Dele's output is a reflection of the industry and craft of our midfield.

The author easily disregards the other factors that leave us in this current position, Poch didn't find a solution in the last 12 months, and he had these players for 5 years.

Where other managers might try to find ways of winning a game, Mourinho looks to find ways of deflecting the blame for a loss.

Really poor from the author, Jose tried 3 at the back, but the team looked at sea, Jose also tried 5 at the back, which in attack can morph in 3-4-3 or 3-5-2.

Troy Parrott does not strike me as a Mason Greenwood at Man Utd, who you could see he is really something special.

Modern world of football is about pressing and transitions seems increasingly old-fashioned.

Pressing has been around since day dot, the only difference today, is every outfield player thinks they are a baller, and are playing silly buggers, in the wrong areas of the pitch and teams are not getting punished for what is called tactical fouls.

The so called seige mentality the author talks about, is no different from those who are Samsung or Apple offici-naldo's. The only point i will agree with is Jose has trust issues, and i think, this does not only stem from his time at Real Madrid, but also in his family life.

Last edited:
If you ask me trading Pottachino for Mourinho was a big mistake. Under Potch we were always passing sideways and backwards waiting to make the killer pass. Now we pass sideways and backwards and create nothing. The amount of games where we have the majority of possession but lose is embarrassing. The only saving grace for our team this season is unbelievably the coronavirus. This is not something to be celebrated but the cancellation of matches will extend the end of the season by which time Kane and Son should be back.

As far as team selection goes can someone please explain to me how we have sold both Backs but not bought decent replacements? Aurier is a disaster. He has scored 2 goals in deafeats and has been the reason for a lot of those defeats. Also the defensive lineup has been changed so many ways that nobody knows what they are doing now. The omission of Vertongen partnering his Belgium defensive partner is mad and because he hasn't signed a new contract I think he is being overlooked. These 2 are the reason we did so well last season along with Rose and Walker-Peters, both who have now been sold, what the hell! The reason Man Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich were so successful was due to a stable defense and Leicester City when they won also had a stable defense. All the time we leak goals we will never be successful, a draw is always better than losing for gods sake.

Now for the Striker situation. Who thinks Alli is a striker? No one. Except Mourinho that is. Yet we have our own Wayne Rooney in Parrot but he is never given the chance. Surely putting him on from kick off will give him confidence instead of a substitute. Who the hell can influence a game with 15 minutes on the pitch at such a young age (forget the penalty miss). Beckham, Owen, Rooney, Defoe, Rashford, Foden, Walcott, etc, were all given a place as youngsters and look at them, but Mourinho knows best, I don't think so.

The sad thing is we should be the top London side but I fear that we will end up behind Woolwich yet again. We need a change at the very top. Levy is more interested in making money than creating a successful side. My only hope is that he built the stadium so when he sells he can get top dollar. Lets hope so.

Everyone knew Mourinho was a bad idea, his brilliance faded out at real Madrid. He has not been the same since ... only levy is arrogant enough to think he was the right man to replace poch, who i still believe got shafted with the under investment in the squad ...why do people still trust levy to make football decisions he clearly has no clue, and totally got lucky with poch. Then shafted him and sacked him, we need people in charge who know football like man city have begerestein.....

Just think it's a slow day at the office (or rather, the focus isn't on football RN) and JW has dug out a few tropes from his previous Mourinho stuff. Long-ball, hasn't evolved, buses etc. Not saying he's wrong but it's not a persuasive read - doesn't take into account the specifics of our situation.

Edit: I see fruityloopie several posts above has done a sterling job answering your query, so I'll leave it there.

Just think it's a slow day at the office (or rather, the focus isn't on football RN) and JW has dug out a few tropes from his previous Mourinho stuff. Long-ball, hasn't evolved, buses etc. Not saying he's wrong but it's not a persuasive read - doesn't take into account the specifics of our situation.
If something is accurate/correct (ie it jibes with the evidence/observations) then surely it is persuasive, no? And to what situational specifics are you referring? Pre or post injuries to Kane and Sonny?

Edit: I see fruityloopie @fruityloopie several posts above has done a sterling job answering your query, so I'll leave it there.
I see they have written a response to me as well but I was not interested in their opinion/response. I can work things out for myself on the matters they were addressing (from my cursory glance) in their post. I was specifically interested in a more detailed response from the person that wrote this:
Makes a few good points but quite a lazy article, really. Dull and full of cliches - nothing happening so why not whack out an anti-Mourinho article, eh?
I was interested in why you felt it was 'lazy' (you've now expounded ie slow day) and why it was 'dull' and what the 'cliches' are (not further addressed but what's dull and cliched to one is not the same to all). The post and opinion of fruityloopie , irrespective of how 'sterling' it may be, was of little interest to me because it doesn't address my question which was why you felt that way.

Back
Top Bottom