Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your question is irrelevant to my post.

Point was plain and simple: We didn't Ndombele buy because he was the cheapest option.
Ok. Sorry if you don't find it relevant.

I'd still like you to answer the question though. Can you list some first choice targets where we had to actually beat off the competition to secure the deal?
You're very knowledgeable in the subject. So I'm just wondering if I'm missing something?

Kane has been out every season through jury, we've more than coped, in fact we've found solutions whilst he was out and we went on winning streaks each time!

"A knife to a gunfight,"? I wager you had never heard of more than 80% of their team before we were drawn against them.

Before Kane was injured, we were playing shit under Jose. We played shit against Utd with Kane playing on Friday.

I think Bergwijn's great too, for the record Jose has confirmed that he didn't sign him.
When have you seen this? All I've read is that he wasn't his first option.

Was anyone else interested in him?
I'm not trying to cause any aggro mate, but can you give us a list of transfer targets where we've beaten off competition to secure the deal?
I'd be genuinely interested to see what you come up with, because it seems to me that unless Levy gets a clear run, he'll swiftly move on to choice #2 or choice #3 etc.

Our transfer deals always remind me of younger days when you'd go to a dance with your mates. It would get to the last half hour and if you hadn't tapped off you'd search the seated areas looking for someone/anyone who was obviously still 'available' regardless of appearance.
There's always lots of rumours and ITK during transfer window beginnings with Spurs. They then fade into the mists of time until the club finds itself doing last minute deals, signing players nobody else wants and building them up to be some sort of 'star' purchase to appease the fans.
Now Mourinho tells us already not to build up our hopes for next season Mourinho: Spurs 'not in same world' in transfer market
Why pour a bucket of iced water down our groins before this season has finished ? At least let us fucking dream and hope for a little while this summer.

"Slightly better than Wolves" certainly is not an achievement. I hope he gets better after his first season, but that isn't Jose's normal trajectory...

Why?

They are currently 5th, 2 points off 4th and lost the 2nd least amount of games this season behind the champions....

Our transfer deals always remind me of younger days when you'd go to a dance with your mates. It would get to the last half hour and if you hadn't tapped off you'd search the seated areas looking for someone/anyone who was obviously still 'available' regardless of appearance.
There's always lots of rumours and ITK during transfer window beginnings with Spurs. They then fade into the mists of time until the club finds itself doing last minute deals, signing players nobody else wants and building them up to be some sort of 'star' purchase to appease the fans.
Now Mourinho tells us already not to build up our hopes for next season Mourinho: Spurs 'not in same world' in transfer market
Why pour a bucket of iced water down our groins before this season has finished ? At least let us fucking dream and hope for a little while this summer.
Respect:adesalute:

I know exactly where your coming from mate.

Being known as Johnny Jug Ears probably explains why.

:harryhmm:

I had always ‘tapped off’ within 15 mins of arriving and was known as ‘swivel hips ‘
Northern Soul Boy!

When have you seen this? All I've read is that he wasn't his first option.
That's fair enough:

"Initially – and I’m always very honest on this – he wasn’t my first option when we decided to make a movement in the winter. But in the end, a great decision".

That quote read to me that the club made the call not him.

So presumably Levy signed him but surely he received advice from someone?
Yes, although little has been said of the group who make up the transfer decisions since Poch left. It was Levy, Poch, McDermott and Hitchen. Two of them have left (Poch & McDermott) and only one has been replaced. I am assuming that Hitchen is still there only because I've not heard an announcement saying he's gone.

That's fair enough:

"Initially – and I’m always very honest on this – he wasn’t my first option when we decided to make a movement in the winter. But in the end, a great decision".

That quote read to me that the club made the call not him.
As much as I dislike ENIC, it could have been that his first option was too expensive or just not available.

As much as I dislike ENIC, it could have been that his first option was too expensive or just not available.
Yep absolutely and I'm not going to get all upity over what is an interpretation of words.

I'm delighted that we've signed him and I don't think he gets enough minutes, specifically I'd don't see why Lucas is selected over him (when fit). Everything I've seen from him suggests he's miles better than Lucas.

I think Lucas is a terrific squad option and having the ability to bring him on is good for us, but I'm not inspired when I see him in the starting 11.

Once. Poch wanted Mane we got sissoko, Rednapp wanted Tecez and Cahill we got Saha and Nelson. Do you see a pattern emerging? FFS wake up you mug levy fanboys and enic are holding us back

GLC?

SESSENGON?

That's three times in one window!

Alderwiereld?

Wanyama?

Sanchez?

Tevez was at City in 2010 - He wasn't coming here you muppet.

If you have a valid point; it shouldn't require bullshit to establish it.

GLC?

SESSENGON?

That's three times in one window!

Alderwiereld?

Wanyama?

Sanchez?

Tevez was at City in 2010 - He wasn't coming here you muppet.

If you have a valid point; it shouldn't require bullshit to establish it.
So that's not true regarding Tevez and Cahill?
You are what is wrong with this club and the reason we win fuck all.
We wanted Shneiderlin but got the cheapest option in Santana.
Sessegnion have a word he's shit
Oh and you are a cunt

So that's not true regarding Tevez....?

Nope; it's not.

We wanted Shneiderlin but got the cheapest option in Santana.

Hahahah... You're an absolute shambles.

Sessegnion have a word he's shit

Who was FIRST choice then? .....He wasn't "cheap" either.

You're such a knuckle-dragging neanderthal you can't even maintain focus upon what you're actually arguing.

Back
Top Bottom