Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do wonder if we had won the League Cup against the Chavs at the beginning of Poch's tenure (insignificant trophy that some people deem it to be), it may have led to bigger things.
Actually at the time, I thought that losing might be a good thing, as it would make them more determined not to go through the agony of losing a final again!
We obviously didn't have a winner's mentality, you can't say that about Jose, he's won everything that can be won. I just hope that his winning streak hasn't come to an end.
Who knows what would have happened, maybe Poch would have done a Ramos and got sacked the following season.
As it was we got to a champions league final, it doesn't get bigger than that, that's a once in a lifetime thing and it was there to win.

And by everyone you mean?
Don’t remember the last manager playing him do you?

I find it pathetic that you are even arguing this.
All the while I bet you didn’t mind Janssen and Llorente sitting at home over the last three years while Kane was rushed back eh?

Oh my God
SHOCK HORROR!!! CHILD STRIKER NOT GIVEN GAMES YET!!!!

By every coach coming through by his international coach by all pundits and ex pros who have ever watched him. He would have been given his chance this season under Poch . I am not saying Troy would have been the best striker ever (even though he killed it at youth and u23's ) but we will never know now

I find people like you pathetic as it seems if you had your way we would not give youth a go as if it means buying a player makes them better than what we have. The reason I may have wanted Kane rushed back while those two players were at the club is because they were shit.

Oh my god I have put things in capital letters so I must be right don't anyone dare argue with my superior knowledge of how good youth players are and who should be played.

I think letting parrot out on loan is great management, a year in the championship will be good for him and improve his game.
I think when he comes back we will see a more mature and improved player, can only be good for the club.

Bottling games, sure. But Leicester just didn’t lose. We were never above them. We didn’t bottle the league.

Agreed, and we also didn't have a team that realistically should have won the league either that season. We absolutely bottled finishing second though, but the league itself? Not for me.

Troy is not ready to play for us, he got a start against Colchester and was ineffective. A loan to Millwall is just right, they will demand intensity and he will be playing competitive men’s football. The kid is 18 years old. We should never have been in a situation where we were looking to him to save us but that’s what happens when you don’t have a balanced squad.

Troy is not ready to play for us, he got a start against Colchester and was ineffective. A loan to Millwall is just right, they will demand intensity and he will be playing competitive men’s football. The kid is 18 years old. We should never have been in a situation where we were looking to him to save us but that’s what happens when you don’t have a balanced squad.
There’s a great comment from Townsend when he’s on loan and suddenly realises he’s playing against men who are trying to pay their mortgage and keep food on the table for their families- a real make-or-break: away from the protection of the EPL coaching structure. I think Bobby Moore said something similar when the England team were in Mexico in ‘70 and getting kicked all over the place and couldn’t understand why.

By every coach coming through by his international coach by all pundits and ex pros who have ever watched him. He would have been given his chance this season under Poch . I am not saying Troy would have been the best striker ever (even though he killed it at youth and u23's ) but we will never know now

I find people like you pathetic as it seems if you had your way we would not give youth a go as if it means buying a player makes them better than what we have. The reason I may have wanted Kane rushed back while those two players were at the club is because they were shit.

Oh my god I have put things in capital letters so I must be right don't anyone dare argue with my superior knowledge of how good youth players are and who should be played.

What a long rant.
How do you know Jose has given up in him because he didn’t use him a lot in half a season at 17yrs old?

You hysterical muppet chill the fuck out, it’s an academy kid not fucking Zlatan been left out

And how sometimes you have to change your style to win those trophies once you’re ahead: the niggly fouls (Fernandinho); the ‘bastard’ players (Ramos); the tedious shutting out the game (Simeone); letting your superstars work on a solid foundation (Real); not playing at 100% tempo all the time (‘Pool this season); winning ugly (MU / SAF)...and so on.

Poch had us playing some beautiful football, but he played too pure to be sustainable as legs aged. Imagine if he’d played to shut the game down at Stamford Bridge? Slowed the pace against MU in the semi-final? Played a low-safe-block against Liverpool for the first ten minutes last year? I hope he’ll learn from that lack of versatility: there’s a reason it’s even taken Bielsa two seasons to get Leeds to the Prem and it’s not money, but he got found out over a really long, physical, season by a physical league. The high-intensity purist football is only sustainable in a two-team league (La Liga; PSG) or with a crazy squad (City).

Difficult to disagree. Been said many times but if its as boring as we've seen over the last few months he is going to have to win a hell of a lot of games to keep people happy. Boring, winning football is tolerated, anything else isnt/won't be.

I think what disappointed me about his first six months was he came in saying that the period after his sacking at Manchester United he spent it reflecting his methods and working on new methods. The appointment of Sacremento as No.2 came with a surprising amount of hype. Didn't notice much change at all though.

Hmmm.....

Absolute drivel from a Jose hating media once again. Because he was winning games they had to find something to pick on Spurs about.

AVB had us playing possession based football and that was boring as shit.

I love counter attacking football. It means exciting goals and controlling the tempo of the match. Apart from the Sheffield game where we lost our bottle after a shit call, we have been looking very hard to beat. For two years we have been looking ropey as shit at the back and with some average fullbacks and non existent midfield, we have looked solid of late.

We have some great flying wingers and one of the best strikers in the world. What we don't have is a midfield.

The media can fuck right off with their pathetic agenda. Ohara is just joining the conga line of cocksuckers who a repeating this mantra on the fans' behalf so he can get a gig as a pundit.

I love counter attacking football. It means exciting goals and controlling the tempo of the match.

I'm not so sure it means controlling the tempo of a match - I'd say the opposite.

You have to be very strong defensively to play that way. Not many teams are successful over a season by absorbing pressure and counter attacking.

I'm not saying it can't be done (Leicester did), just that it's difficult. I'd rather have control of the football.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom