Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not so sure it means controlling the tempo of a match - I'd say the opposite.

You have to be very strong defensively to play that way. Not many teams are successful over a season by absorbing pressure and counter attacking.

I'm not saying it can't be done (Leicester did), just that it's difficult. I'd rather have control of the football.

Fair enough.

The way I saw it were in games against Leicester and Newcastle they were restricted to having shot after shot from range and it took a special effort for Newcastle to actually find the net. I didn't really feel like we were troubled IMHO.

Against City at home on the other hand :mourshock:

1046"]
What a long rant.
How do you know Jose has given up in him because he didn’t use him a lot in half a season at 17yrs old?

You hysterical muppet chill the fuck out, it’s an academy kid not fucking Zlatan been left out
[/QUOTE]

I didn't say Jose has given up on him I just said he would not play him.

I know he is not Zlatan but he could have been very important la
What a long rant.
How do you know Jose has given up in him because he didn’t use him a lot in half a season at 17yrs old?

You hysterical muppet chill the fuck out, it’s an academy kid not fucking Zlatan been left out

I didn't say Jose had given up on him but he just wouldn't play him.

I know he is not Zlatan but last season he could have been very important for us he may not have been but when we needed a striker Jose would not give him a chance. Instead he had a pop at him in public as he did with Tanguy. Plus he May not be Zlatan now but who knows he may become as good as Zlatan and I want him at our club not at someone else's club because he was driven away by our twat of a manager.

Last edited:
I didn't say Jose has given up on him I just said he would not play him.

I know he is not Zlatan but he could have been very important la

I didn't say Jose had given up on him but he just wouldn't play him.

I know he is not Zlatan but last season he could have been very important for us he may not have been but when we needed a striker Jose would not give him a chance. Instead he had a pop at him in public as he did with Tanguy. Plus he Maj not be Zlatan now but who knows he may become as good as Zlatan and I want him at our club not at someone else's club because he was driven away by our test of a manager.

Sending a teenager on loan isn't "driving [them] away".... He's been give a loan to help his development.... Something sorely missed by a number of bright sparks on our books in recent years.

Sending a teenager on loan isn't "driving [them] away".... He's been give a loan to help his development.... Something sorely missed by a number of bright sparks on our books in recent years.

I am not saying sending him on loan is driving him away I am saying I don't want Jose to say something or do something that would make it impossible for Troy to return to us. Going out on loan is the best thing for Troy as he would not get a chance with us. I am a massive fan of sending players out on loan rather than stay in youth system at the club

I am not saying sending him on loan is driving him away I am saying I don't want Jose to say something or do something that would make it impossible for Troy to return to us. Going out on loan is the best thing for Troy as he would not get a chance with us. I am a massive fan of sending players out on loan rather than stay in youth system at the club

Right.... And this meant what then?

"I want him at our club not at someone else's club because he was driven away by our test of a manager."

Right.... And this meant what then?

"I want him at our club not at someone else's club because he was driven away by our test of a manager."

That was not meant out on loan as I would have put out on loan . That is meant sold because if he is out on loan he is not driven away as he is coming back

I think what disappointed me about his first six months was he came in saying that the period after his sacking at Manchester United he spent it reflecting his methods and working on new methods. The appointment of Sacremento as No.2 came with a surprising amount of hype. Didn't notice much change at all though.

A manager that accomplished and that experienced doesn't fundamentally change who and what he is, and for Mourinho that goes both for his personality and public persona, as well as his football. And to the extent he seemed to be trying for re-invention pre-Covid the results were horrific.

Jose is a cynical self-righteous cunt whose teams play pragmatic football with the occasional bout of almost sarcastic bus-parking, and then eventually all the contradictions implode on themselves and he's off to his next job. But before then, he wins a lot.

We can either have the benefits of that, or nothing. Let's get the benefits. The football isn't *that* bad.

Free flowing tippy tappy football winning fuck all or brain numbing grinding out results football with the possibility of winning something.......as hosay has proved before what’s it to be

Free flowing tippy tappy football winning fuck all or brain numbing grinding out results football with the possibility of winning something.......as hosay has proved before what’s it to be
I like that we as a club are associated with a certain style. But I’d take 38 drab 1-0’s and 0-0’s to win a title, easy

So were a lot of pundits. Now they have changed their tune because it is en vogue to do so. I haven't heard Ancelotti cop nearly as much shit as Jose has for some bizarre reasons.

The old guard must be worried.
When Mourinho used to win tight games it was always ‘tactical genius’ when he was at Chelsea or inter. The way inter played against Barca in the second leg of their cl tie was disgusting. If we played like that now and got a result it’s ‘anti football’

press need to make their minds up

I like that we as a club are associated with a certain style. But I’d take 38 drab 1-0’s and 0-0’s to win a title, easy
Few years ago we hounded Wigan 9-0 made a DVD great if we’d won 1-0 forgotten about the DVD and won another eight games that season 1-0 we’d have won the league but I’m sure plenty can watch the DVD and reminisce.

In 2017-18, Utd came 2nd to City.

They scored 68 and let in 28 (GD +40), we came third scoring 74 whilst conceding 36 (GD +38).

We both played drab football? Or is the Mourinho 'boring football' tag purely a myth?

When Mourinho used to win tight games it was always ‘tactical genius’ when he was at Chelsea or inter. The way inter played against Barca in the second leg of their cl tie was disgusting. If we played like that now and got a result it’s ‘anti football’

press need to make their minds up

Jose's reputation, IMO, derives largely from his history of SOMETIMES going into big, showpiece, marquee games watched widely on TV against glitzy opposition and taking his nine-figures of talent and putting all 11 of them behind the ball and refusing to play.

It's kind of ridiculous, and when it doesn't work it's really embarrassing, but I think the reputation it has given Mourinho for anti-football wildly outstrips the way his teams play most of the time.

MouBall demands a degree of comfort without the ball and isn't exactly free flowing or devil-may-care, but his teams have scored a lot of goals and dominated play against good opponents.

They scored 68 and let in 28 (GD +40), we came third scoring 74 whilst conceding 36 (GD +38).

We both played drab football? Or is the Mourinho 'boring football' tag purely a myth?
I’m not much fussed, he’s the manager and I’m quite prepared to give him the time we gave Pochettino minimum 5 years (maybe) we ain’t any better of at the end of it other than good memories all be it he’s not entirely to blame....that’s another thread. boring football or not.

I think defensively he is an excellent coach, but attacking he relies a lot on players pulling something out of their arse. At least the last few games we’ve looked like we’ve been working on a counter attack strategy, rather than hoping Kane or Son screams one in

I’m not much fussed, he’s the manager and I’m quite prepared to give him the time we gave Pochettino minimum 5 years (maybe) we ain’t any better of at the end of it other than good memories all be it he’s not entirely to blame....that’s another thread. boring football or not.

Exactly. Not many managerS in the world can make that much difference in one year or even two. It takes a concerted effort and time to drag that club up a level just like Poch did with us, taking us to consistent champions league qualifiers. Now the club want Mourinho to take us to the next level, winning titles. That’s even harder to do than what poch did.

He’s going to need time but there is a section of fans who won’t do it, they don’t have the patience for it. I for one am glad they aren’t in the ground. We don’t need the negativity and neither do the players. I really do t think it is a coincidence we didnt lose a game at home with no fans in the stadium.

Instead of moaning about the football, how about everyone give him a chance to actually control a team with the players he wants in it. If he hasn’t got us anywhere in 2/3 years time then reevaluate then. But until then there is little point not backing him because he won’t be sacked if we get champions league football next season as he will have restored us to Poch’s level. It’s after that he should be judged properly when he’s trying to get us to actually win things.

Back
Top Bottom