Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We finished 6th and played terrible all season long, so for my goals, which are top 4 the results were bad. We also did not get good results after the break losing to Sheffield United and tying Bournemouth are not good results.

Thank god Everton or Palace didn't try at all or those could have been more loses. But you are right if we keep getting to play teams that don't care about the results because they had to come back from a 2 month break and have nothing to play for we might be able to squeeze out another awesome 6th place finish, lets keep our fingers crossed for luck!
The results after the break were strong.
18pts from a possible 24 is very good.

You said the results were weak all season.
You were wrong.

All the other stuff you are adding now I haven’t commented on. It’s just a lot of words to justify you were wrong, but it doesn’t.

The results after the break were not weak.
That’s it.

Poch did well to get to the CL final, but he failed to win it.
Do you disagree?

Levy provided Poch with the players that he managed to get to the CL final.
Do you disagree?
I don't disagree with any of it, it's factual.
Do ENIC get some of the blame for us not winning a trophy?

In episode 7, the management team sit the players down and go through the goal conceded at Chelsea and elsewhere. Think that was Feb?. They criticise lack of defending and general awareness of what was going.
Fast forward 6/7 months to Sunday and nothing has improved at all.
In addition, and of course, we've only played one game but most, if not all, our direct competitors won. For me the Everton game was huge for confidence, players and fans and we lost.
Worrying times already

Depends what trophy...The team that knocked Ajax out would have given Liverpool a game at least. They should have signed a striker that January so share some blame, but Kane was deemed fit so the new guy wouldn’t have played anyway.

Not winning a domestic against teams we hammered in the PL and finished above regularly? Not so much the squad but more playing a weakened and experimental team.
Managerial mistakes.

Losing the title to Leicester? On ENIC? Leicester?
Please

I’ve already said they cost us five years sacking Arry.... so they cost us trophies in that time as we were on a roll and backing Redknapp would have brought home a domestic or two

Depends what trophy...The team that knocked Ajax out would have given Liverpool a game at least. They should have signed a striker that January so share some blame, but Kane was deemed fit so the new guy wouldn’t have played anyway.

Not winning a domestic against teams we hammered in the PL and finished above regularly? Not so much the squad but more playing a weakened and experimental team.
Managerial mistakes.

Losing the title to Leicester? On ENIC? Leicester?
Please

I’ve already said they cost us five years sacking Arry.... so they cost us trophies in that time as we were on a roll and backing Redknapp would have brought home a domestic or two
Again they provide the tools.
Tools= Manager and players.
Managerial mistakes, they hired him. If we had won the title you would have been lauding ENIC, So you can't now say that they are not partly responsible because we didnt win.

Again they provide the tools.
Tools= Manager and players.
Managerial mistakes, they hired him. If we had won the title you would have been lauding ENIC, So you can't now say that they are not partly responsible because we didnt win.
I already said they share responsibility for certain lack of silverware.
They should have signed a striker in the January of the CL finals year. They share the blame. The ray of the blame goes to the manager for not picking the side that finished the game in Amsterdam to start.
I said they cost us five years of opportunity in the domestics by sacking Arry.

Now you want me to say they cost us the PL even though we finished above Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and City that year, and would have above Woolwich if we wasn’t such bottlers.
That’s mentality, not quality. That’s the managers job.
If you don’t think we had a better squad than Leicester, then that’s your problem.

As we saw at Stamford Bridge and St James, Poch couldn’t instill a professional mentality when it counted, as well as a winning one.

Not like Enic were delivering squad that won many trophies even before Poch.

Enic+Othermanagers before Poch reached CL once and always finished below arse.

Enic with Poch reached the CL almost every year including a CL final. We are again Enic +other manager and not Poch. Lets see what happens.

I already said they share responsibility for certain lack of silverware.
They should have signed a striker in the January of the CL finals year. They share the blame. The ray of the blame goes to the manager for not picking the side that finished the game in Amsterdam to start.
I said they cost us five years of opportunity in the domestics by sacking Arry.

Now you want me to say they cost us the PL even though we finished above Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and City that year, and would have above Woolwich if we wasn’t such bottlers.
That’s mentality, not quality. That’s the managers job.
If you don’t think we had a better squad than Leicester, then that’s your problem.

As we saw at Stamford Bridge and St James, Poch couldn’t instill a professional mentality when it counted, as well as a winning one.
Again ENIC employs the manager. Tools=manager, you said so yourself, there is no getting away from that they are partly responsible for what happens on the pitch.

It has been a lot longer than 10 months. I started complaining about our play in around November 2018 but we still got results until early 2019. However since then it has been bad. John Thomas blames it all on Levy not buying in 2018 and you blame Mourinho despite the mess he took over. He did recover us up to 6th and deserves a bit more time. I really am not sure the full reasons why but agree we are playing shit.
Poch got the sack because we were crap. Jose was brought in 10 months ago to improve us. He hasn't succeeded in that task, not even close. We were only 3 points off 5th when he signed.

Again ENIC employs the manager. Tools=manager, you said so yourself, there is no getting away from that they are partly responsible for what happens on the pitch.
And I’ve said they were partly responsible for the CL final and five years after sacking Arry.

What, you think there’s a blanket rule that every single failure has to come back to the owners?
Nope.......the Leicester season we had a title winning side in title winning form and few injuries.
We didn’t have the manager though.

If you think that’s ENICs fault for not sacking Poch in March after the Leicester defeat, then good for you.

Hail Levy then

And Jose doesn’t have to personally go and negotiate, but being the manager is still attractive to some players.
Like Bale and Reguilon it would seem.
Hail him for what? Finally buying a decent player 2 weeks into the season? That’s his fucking job

Hail him for what? Finally buying a decent player 2 weeks into the season? That’s his fucking job
Better than not doing his job.

There’s also quotes from Llorente. Ndombele and Aurier stating Poch called them and convinced them to sign, so it’s slightly naive to think our managers sit there in a dark room and when they turn the lights on, a new player is standing there he knew nothing about.

Back
Top Bottom