Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only if it suits his agenda
And I’ve said they were partly responsible for the CL final and five years after sacking Arry.

What agenda would that be then? The one where I say ENIC share some responsibility?

MVP is smarting because he failed to create the fake scenario where I only blame Poch.
Now all of a sudden, me saying ENIC share the CL final responsibility by not signing a striker in that January and a whole FIVE YEARS of stagnation where I feel we would have won some trophies had we kept Arry, isn’t enough for him.

Now it ONLY counts if I say ENIC we at fault for the Leicester season, despite the fact a 20M pound relegation fodder club won the title.

And I’ve said they were partly responsible for the CL final and five years after sacking Arry.

What, you think there’s a blanket rule that every single failure has to come back to the owners?

Nope.......the Leicester season we had a title winning side in title winning form and few injuries.
We didn’t have the manager though.

If you think that’s ENICs fault for not sacking Poch in March after the Leicester defeat, then good for you.
Yes because they are the owners. I also think that all the successes come down to the owners too.
So I don't know how you can view that as fair.

What agenda would that be then? The one where I say ENIC share some responsibility?

MVP is smarting because he failed to create the fake scenario where I only blame Poch.
Now all of a sudden, me saying ENIC share the CL final responsibility by not signing a striker in that January and a whole FIVE YEARS of stagnation where I feel we would have won some trophies had we kept Arry, isn’t enough for him.

Now it ONLY counts if I say ENIC we at fault for the Leicester season, despite the fact a 20M pound relegation fodder club won the title.
The agenda where you barely blame ENIC for us not winning trophies, not only the league and the CL but the league cup, FA cup and the Europa cup.

We win as a club, we lose as a club, I can't remember which one of our former players said that but its true.

The agenda where you barely blame ENIC for us not winning trophies, not only the league and the CL but the league cup, FA cup and the Europa cup.

We win as a club, we lose as a club, I can't remember which one of our former players said that but its true.
Blame isn’t always universal.
If Poch picks a perfect team and formation and Aurier picks it up in the box in the 90th minute for no reason and gives away a penalty and we draw, and lose the title by a point, that’s on Aurie not Poch.

Blame can be shared, but sometimes it’s not on the club, and just the individual.

I told you there is no blanket rule.
You called our success a Poch miracle now we “win as a club” all of a sudden.

You cant say that after putting all our good play down to one man.

Last edited:
Blame isn’t always universal.
If Poch picks a perfect team and formation and Aurier picks it up in the box in the 90th minute for no reason and gives away a penalty and we draw, and lose the title by a point, that’s on Aurie not Poch.

Blame can be shared, but sometimes it’s not in the club, and just the individual.

I told you there is no blanket rule.
You called our success a Poch miracle now we “win as a club” all of a sudden.

You cant say that after putting all our good play down to one man.
He picked Aurier, he is part to blame. If Aurier takes the ball and score a screamer from 40 yards Poch is part successful.

Not really, I've always been happy to say that ENIC shares some of the credit but when I blame them as well then it becomes a problem from some.

He picked Aurier, he is part to blame. If Aurier takes the ball and score a screamer from 40 yards Poch is part successful.

Not really, I've always been happy to say that ENIC shares some of the credit but when I blame them as well then it becomes a problem from some.
So if your wife fucks someone it’s your fault for marrying her?
And if a child gets abducted it’s their fault for playing in that playground in front of a nonce?

What a fucking weird outlook on life.
You’re welcome to it, my views are clear, I’m going to enjoy the rest of the window instead of talking about failure.

Oh and...

It definitely makes sense. Jose lied (for a good cause) when he answered a question about Danny Rose to Genoa (before Everton) - I saw it right way.

He was speaking about how much he loves Ben Davies - "solid player" - and then he almost forgot who were the other options - his point was that, with so many players, it would be difficult for Rose to stay at the club. He didn't mention Cirkin or Tanganga (like he did in pre-season); just mentioned Sess, explaining he is an important investiment from the club - and defining the LB role as an "experiment" for him.

In the same press-conference he said the players shouldn't be afraid of competition. And also, that he was happy to have two RB's. Basically, the LB position would be the only position in the squad with just one recognized player - Jose likes Ben Davies, but there is a limit.

I've just watched Sevilla's last two matches in the Europa League. Against United, Reguilon was fantastic (I recommend it). But it was harder against Conte's system - no space wide, always at least one player (RWB) just in front of him. It was a crazy game, anyway. Yet, in a couple of opportunities he did have some space and then he showed not only how good he is, but also that he likes to have the responsability. If you give him space, he will make the most of it - if necessary, by himself.

Quality and personality. It's easy to see why Jose would like to have him with us.

Last edited:
So if your wife fucks someone it’s your fault for marrying her?
And if a child gets abducted it’s their fault for playing in that playground in front of a nonce?

What a fucking weird outlook on life.
You’re welcome to it, my views are clear, I’m going to enjoy the rest of the window instead of talking about failure.
What a crazy analogy, just stick to football.

You only blame a few times, once under Harry, once under Poch. Other than that they aren't to blame for results at all, right, gotcha.

Better than not doing his job.

There’s also quotes from Llorente. Ndombele and Aurier stating Poch called them and convinced them to sign, so it’s slightly naive to think our managers sit there in a dark room and when they turn the lights on, a new player is standing there he knew nothing about.
They have NO say in the transfers - they give a list of player types they want to Levy and Hitchen

I think the way transfers work is as ArcspacE ArcspacE says, in part.

We know fro the doc. Both Hitchen and Levy say Jose is after a certain type of player "very difficult".
It's then up to Hitchin to identify these players, within budget. Levy then does (or does not) do the deal.

That is not to say that when Hitchin identifies the players he doesn't present the list to Jose for approval/final choice/order of choice.

It’s a wish list of players criteria - not names per se
So basically the manager says I want this kind of player. Then Levy/Hitchen go around and make a list of players including shit, shitter , shitter and shittest. Mou looks at them and says, go get me shit, since hes better than shitter and shittest. Lo and behold, we end up with Hojboj and Hart.

Back
Top Bottom