Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So basically the manager says I want this kind of player. Then Levy/Hitchen go around and make a list of players including shit, shitter , shitter and shittest. Mou looks at them and says, go get me shit, since hes better than shitter and shittest. Lo and behold, we end up with Hojboj and Hart.
Literally that is exactly what happened

Looks like we might be giving him more of the type of squad he's used to dealing with.

Decent depth/options.

A CB and a DM would really round us off... should just go for it and get it all done.

The keys to success this season.
  • Good team spirit
  • GLC and Ndombele playing at the top of their game
  • Back up striker, I don't mean Bale.
Unless we end up relegation trouble, there is no need to make any sudden moves.

So do the PRO-JOSE people think he will have any excuses with the new additions of Bale and Sergio (if this comes to fruition)? Or will it still be a lack of quality and a lack of mentality that gets the blame?

So do the PRO-JOSE people think he will have any excuses with the new additions of Bale and Sergio (if this comes to fruition)? Or will it still be a lack of quality and a lack of mentality that gets the blame?

I’m in the pro-Jose crowd. Let me put it this way, there’s nothing he can do or doesn’t do regardless of his squad or situation that will appease the non-pro-Jose crowd.

I’m in the pro-Jose crowd. Let me put it this way, there’s nothing he can do or doesn’t do regardless of his squad or situation that will appease the non-pro-Jose crowd.

So if he continues to struggle to get results, plays a very conservative brand of football, and we are out of the fight for CL football, you are ok with that and think he has every excuse?

So if he continues to struggle to get results, plays a very conservative brand of football, and we are out of the fight for CL football, you are ok with that and think he has every excuse?

doesn’t matter the situation, the non-pro-Jose crowd wouldn’t be ok with whatever that happens.

if we’re doing good, it’s because of something else or someone else, if we’re doing bad, it’s all his fault.

/end of story

doesn’t matter the situation, the non-pro-Jose crowd wouldn’t be ok with whatever that happens.

if we’re doing good, it’s because of something else or someone else, if we’re doing bad, it’s all his fault.

/end of story

If he gets us playing well and winning then that is on him. How could anyone argue that? We have played like shit for 2 years now. That was on Poch and now it is on Jose. But if the results change and the fluidity comes then Bless the man.

It looks like maybe José will be backed. If it's so it's up to José to get this working. I'm still firmly in the Mourinho out side, but I hope the season can be acceptable.

If he gets us playing well and winning then that is on him. How could anyone argue that? We have played like shit for 2 years now. That was on Poch and now it is on Jose. But if the results change and the fluidity comes then Bless the man.

Of course nobody would argue that.

It is a ridiculous false hypothetical based on nothing but him trying to create a persecution complex against Jose that doesn't exist. Likely to try and use it to deflect from any valid criticism by falsely claiming that any criticism is just because nothing is good enough.

As someone who may be considered in the non-pro-Jose camp, although I wouldn't say that I am that, I would be thrilled with him if he got us a trophy. If he won us Europa League this year I would be more than happy with him. If he coupled that with a top 4 finish or domestic trophy I would be over the moon with him.

that’s fair.

I also understand enough about the bigger picture of football where I understand the different challenges that can cause a team to play badly. We are a team that is adapting to the demands of being winners. During this process, we’ve lost a manager, players in a funk type state of mind, new manager, uncertainty of their place in the squad, we’ve lost players to injuries, have inconsistent players, unfit players, Covid, new players, returning injured players, short preseason, Covid, new players, still an open transfer window. There’s a lot in flux and constantly changing and evolving.

/end of story

Isn't it wonderful now we have two polarising boogie-men at the club rather than one...... Especially when it means peeps aren't afforded the credit of being able to form nuanced non-binary opinions. :freundgoal:

#GetInThatCampFool.

Last edited:
I am not sure why there is so much polarisation on this site to either love or hate a Chairman, Manager or player of the club. They all have good and bad points and yes these should all be discussed but those in the love camp only highlight the good and the haters only the bad and it is rare for a balanced view saying the individual is good at this but bad at that as they can still come to the conclusion that either the good or the bad outweigh the other. After every defeat the haters post and if we win they just keep quiet. I am as pissed off as anyone when we lose but do not see posting the same old hate at what I see as the problem to be particularly useful. We are meant to be a Spurs supporters forum and the hate should be reserved for Woolwich etc.

/end of story

Bollocks if we're doing good, of course he'll get credit. He's not exactly shy of bigging himself up either is he.

If we play the turgid, dog-shit football we have done at times during his reign he will get the same stick from our fans as he has from every other club he's managed.

A lot of people in the Jose out camp said he could only do good with a open cheque book or superstar players, if we get these last few transfers across the line then surely you must be excited about having him here now, as the only reservations were he would be wouldn't be backed by Levy?

Back
Top Bottom