Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose Mourinho is reportedly becoming increasingly frustrated with Tottenham for failing sign him a back-up striker for Harry Kane.

The Spurs manager has begun the season with Harry Kane still the club's only recognised centre-forward.

And The Sun claim the 57-year-old has told friends that he cannot believe a team of their stature is in such a position

One of those friends is quoted as saying 'Tottenham is the only club in the world with one striker.

'It is the same as last season. Do fans really think Jose wants four left-backs, six wingers and one striker? It is incredible.'

He needs to start getting results, his star is starting to dim in my eyes.
Not exactly a great start to the season, performance wise. I hope he's not telling the team this stuff in the dressing room anyway - we had 3+ expected goals from our shots today and total domination for at least 50-60 mins of the game yet failed to score more than once. Has to improve if we want to get back into the top 4, ref fuck ups or not.

He needs to start getting results, his star is starting to dim in my eyes.
He's just starting to shape a proper squad and get us playing cohesively.

We played very well today.

If there was any fault it was our players not scoring more with the many chances created.

He got us out there playing a game to batter them.

We just didn't take the chances and got arse-reached by a disgusting, anti-football rule that's spoiling the game.

Ei7irBQXsAMlDJ8

Now, it's Newcastle at home, nothing to get carried away about, but that's the kind of performance we want to be seeing.

Last time I checked Mourinho doesn’t play up front.

We should have scored 5. We dominated the game. We drew because their keeper had a worldie, our forwards didn’t have the best day in the office and because of VAR.

I’m not blaming Jose for this one.

He's just starting to shape a proper squad and get us playing cohesively.

We played very well today.

If there was any fault it was our players not scoring more with the many chances created.

He got us out there playing a game to batter them.

We just didn't take the chances and got arse-reached by a disgusting, anti-football rule that's spoiling the game.
First half against Newcastle was a continuation of the last 45 minutes against Southampton. We played really well - with Lo Celso as a 10. We pressed better up front, we were organized to create (loads of) chances.

We need to build from that.

We should have scored 5. We dominated the game. We drew because their keeper had a worldie, our forwards didn’t have the best day in the office and because of VAR.

Ya don't worry there will be something else to blame Jose for quite soon. We don't need to make things up.

It was actually a game to be optimistic in this regard, as we finally looked all on the same page - moving the ball at pace, good intensity, solid at the back, chance upon chance up top.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom