Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly maybe stating the obvious here, but Mourinho seems to have easy target syndrome for a lot of rival fans.

When I hear the likes of Man Utd, or even more galling, Chelsea fans taking shots at him I find it hilarious.

To go full Jose for a minute It's a FACT, not opinion, but FACT, that Man Utd's most successful period post SAF came under him, and Chelsea's most successful period in their entire history came under him, also neither Porto or Inter Milan have become even close to being as successful in the years since he left them respectively, hell look how Inter basically fell apart after he left.

He also has the possible misfortune of having managed a couple of clubs with the most toxic, arrogant, spoiled fanbases in Europe in Man Utd & Real Madrid (fuck, the latter has even booed CR7 at times, they should worship the ground he walks on).

If you read what those fans are always saying post Jose, they have always taken the angle that Jose left them in such a mess squad-wise and a toxic environment that the next manager would need time to rebuild and get rid of that toxic environment. It’s the combination of a bad breakup, sad that it didn’t workout, and the need to justify why they are not better off without Jose.

If you read what those fans are always saying post Jose, they have always taken the angle that Jose left them in such a mess squad-wise and a toxic environment that the next manager would need time to rebuild and get rid of that toxic environment. It’s the combination of a bad breakup, sad that it didn’t workout, and the need to justify why they are not better off without Jose.
Honestly I haven't heard much of that besides his exit from the Man Utd job, which may as well be called "Prima Donna and Divas United".

I felt it has more to it than just that. Big chunk of their fanbase has this arrogant attitude that they don't use second hand. What I meant, they rather have some no name manager coming and win small trophies but they would feel morally victorious than a manager that made their name with other clubs, especially those with fierce rivalry with them. On one hand, they're jealous of Klopp, Mourinho, Pep, and even Poch. Then the next thing, they would stand in their moral high ground, and take cheap shot at any of these guys, to justify their United way bs.

This arrogance has other aspect. For example, many of them don't respect Ronaldo as their legend citing Ronaldo didn't respect their club when leaving, and was more successful with Real Madrid. They rather having Rashford playing dogshit copying Ronaldo style than having Ronaldo back for a few years.

Not sure what he said at half time but he got it all wrong in the second half.

Why on earth he allowed West Ham to come onto us in that second half is beyond me. Play on the counter at 3-0 up? Really!?

Surely the message at half time would've been - don't forget what happened against them last year. Surely?!

I really hoped that if there was one manager who would drill this into this set of players it would have been Jose. But he got more complacent than anybody with his tactics and subs in the second half.

I don’t understand why we spend so much time sitting back and absorbing pressure in our defensive third. We have a quality midfield and the best forward line in the league.

Why aren’t we playing in a way that makes the most of our strengths instead of putting unnecessary pressure on our glaringly obvious weakness (our defence)?

Back
Top Bottom