Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ElbqETDWMAY2tPl

ElbqETGWoAIxln2

I can't decide if he is a genius tier wum or just really shit at social media.

10/10 either way.
I think this is the result of someone who'd like to be a social media star, but at the end of the day has the confidence big enough to not really care what people think.

Wow. The arrogance from Neville there is astounding. It's like the results don't matter and only his endorsing us for Top 4 is the real prize.

I can see why he failed as a manager and left the game to go into punditry. His ego is over-inflated.
Barely an average player too
Playing in a very good team with a great manager
Cunt

Who here is starting to change their minds on Mourinho ? I was always for him and wanted him just before we sacked Pochettino. I said a serial winner like him or Allegri. It’s these shit house results that Mourinho can be a master at. He will go down as a legend if he can win trophies at this club.
Go back in the thread and you will identify the culprits calling him a dinosaur etc
Quiet 🤫 now

Go back in the thread and you will identify the culprits calling him a dinosaur etc
Quiet 🤫 now
There were a lot of us tbh. My loathing of United probably coloured my views even more, because it was great listening to all those scum manc fans melting about him not playing the United way etc.
It’s easy to forget that even with that toxic pile of shit he inherited there, he managed to bring them trophies.
I always liked him as a “character” in interviews. Spiky as hell with journos & could dish it out with the best of them. His connections with the racist chavs & success there was also an issue for me. The absolute gentleman Poch replaced by the dinosaur.
TLDR- we were all wrong. He’s plenty left in the tank and seems to be enjoying the challenge that is Spurs. Hope he still has all his hair when he leaves.

There were a lot of us tbh. My loathing of United probably coloured my views even more, because it was great listening to all those scum manc fans melting about him not playing the United way etc.
It’s easy to forget that even with that toxic pile of shit he inherited there, he managed to bring them trophies.
I always liked him as a “character” in interviews. Spiky as hell with journos & could dish it out with the best of them. His connections with the racist chavs & success there was also an issue for me. The absolute gentleman Poch replaced by the dinosaur.
TLDR- we were all wrong. He’s plenty left in the tank and seems to be enjoying the challenge that is Spurs. Hope he still has all his hair when he leaves.

Not all of us

Who here is starting to change their minds on Mourinho ? I was always for him and wanted him just before we sacked Pochettino. I said a serial winner like him or Allegri. It’s these shit house results that Mourinho can be a master at. He will go down as a legend if he can win trophies at this club.
For me, Don, it wasn't being against him as such, more just that my jaw hit the floor when he arrived. Seeing him hold up a Spurs shirt that day was utterly surreal. I couldn't wrap my head around it, and having a few man u mates saying he was going to be a miserable shit and mess up our vibe with dour football and poor relations with players didn't help.

They were completely wrong, partly because they view things from the perspective of European giants. I get that. But we're in a different place, a situation where we need to prove ourselves and claim the throne, and it's crystal clear Jose gets that and is up for the challenge. He's not some dipshit chancer who had it fall into his lap time and again. This guy understands the game like very few others.

I like the way he handles the players and motivates them to fight for the team. I like his passion, his responses to the press and the fact that he's such a big draw that he's pulled players into the spurs orbit via his own history and magnetism. He's got Levy to work hard and assemble a crack unit on a budget less than utd paid for Maguire.

I dig Jose.

I'm not joining the blow bang until he actually wins something. The be a bigger cunt thing is soooo 2020 its depressing. Firmly reserving judgement and I'd advise a few to do likewise Everton was shocking West ham shocking in a whole different way. The euphoria of United, and bits of Southampton and LASK need contextualising.

I'm not joining the blow bang until he actually wins something. The be a bigger cunt thing is soooo 2020 its depressing. Firmly reserving judgement and I'd advise a few to do likewise Everton was shocking West ham shocking in a whole different way. The euphoria of United, and bits of Southampton and LASK need contextualising.
It’s not a blow bang as you call it

It’s recognition of what we have in our manager but some refused to accept him!

I always wanted him to be our manager, back from when the chavs got him the first time. I thought he was charismatic and a real breath of fresh air. The only time I thought he was a dipstick, was when he got involved in the row with the female doctor and when he disrespected us when they snatched Willian from under our noses.
Everybody knows who he is (even girl friends of mine who have no interest in football) and his appointment was probably the only one that made sense, at the time.
Jose loves to prove people wrong ........................... and this would be the perfect time to do it again.

I always wanted him to be our manager, back from when the chavs got him the first time. I thought he was charismatic and a real breath of fresh air. The only time I thought he was a dipstick, was when he got involved in the row with the female doctor and when he disrespected us when they snatched Willian from under our noses.
Everybody knows who he is (even girl friends of mine who have no interest in football) and his appointment was probably the only one that made sense, at the time.
Jose loves to prove people wrong ........................... and this would be the perfect time to do it again.

Interesting.

My love of Spurs consumes me slightly more than my hatred of the mainstream media. The stick Jose cops from the media really is unprecedented for a manager in England outside of a world cup. Spurs and Jose seem like a match made in heaven.

One thing that does get me down is when I see Spurs fans parrot what is said in the media about Jose.

Interesting.

My love of Spurs consumes me slightly more than my hatred of the mainstream media. The stick Jose cops from the media really is unprecedented for a manager in England outside of a world cup. Spurs and Jose seem like a match made in heaven.

One thing that does get me down is when I see Spurs fans parrot what is said in the media about Jose.
It's like they don't have a mind of their own!!! They're the sort of people who watch MOTD, and because they only see limited highlights, they take what the pundits opine and take it as gospel.

Last edited:
Blimey, I thought I was pessimistic.
:fingers:

The type of coach which is hardest and most difficult to beat is the one that is pragmatic. I just Watched nagelsmann with his modern and expansive football getting spanked by manure.

Back
Top Bottom