Joseph Anthony Barton!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With his latest escapade falling out with the Rangers manager and teammates he is being investigated regards breaking his gambling ban! He apparently bet on the Barcelona v Celtic game? Now other than joey being a fruit loop and to be avoided at all costs whether it be football or in normal life, should a player/players be banned for having a bet? Barton betting on the Barcelona game Wasn't going to make any difference to anyone bar him as in losing his money, he would hardly get to any players involved and get them to influence the game?

Amazing that all this coincides with the launch of his new book, I mean it's as if he is trying to get as much publicity as possible, only the cynical would believe that it's all coincidence and just happened this way.
:gallashmm:

I suppose it's important for him to make as much money as he can from book sales, seeing that in his entire career only one club, Newcastle, have actually paid a fee for him.

He is living in cloud cuckoo land.

No one will buy his book. It's like you say. He is trying to generate publicity for himself.

The bloke is a shambles.

No one will buy his book. It's like you say. He is trying to generate publicity for himself.

The bloke is a shambles.
Unfortunately I bet they are flying of the shelves. May be his market is limited as those that like him, or are fans can't read.

He is an odd bloke. Heard him absolutely rinse another dickhead, Mike Mills, on the radio earlier this year. He was very cool, didn't get drawn into anything trivial and kept to the point. It was a great listen, found myself standing in his camp and laughing at how skilfully he was tearing Mills apart. When I got home I had to punch myself in the face take a shower.

Unfortunately I bet they are flying of the shelves. May be his market is limited as those that like him, or are fans can't read.

He is an odd bloke. Heard him absolutely rinse another dickhead, Mike Mills, on the radio earlier this year. He was very cool, didn't get drawn into anything trivial and kept to the point. It was a great listen, found myself standing in his camp and laughing at how skilfully he was tearing Mills apart. When I got home I had to punch myself in the face take a shower.

Well as the article says. He is doing an audio book...

I can't bear him.

Just seen him on footballing of the focusing

He really is oblivious to the fact that it's all his fault , having slight digs at others when it's clear that his loud mouth & egotistical stupidity has got him where he is today & he's bloody lucky that anyone will give him the chance he currently has.

Buffoon

He claims that he could be this, that and the other... but doesn't have the balls to put himself forward for anything other than being a whining, sniping little cunt from the sidelines. He's a cowardly cunt too. Only ever picked on people he could. Total fucking cunt. Cunty McCuntface.

I don't particularly mind him. He's made mistakes, and has a gob on him, but he's far lower on the cunt scale than people like Paul Merson, Sol Campbell and Thierry Henry.

Not just because they're Arsecunts, but just because I don't find him outwardly offensive. I suspect he's carrying scars from his upbringing, and is possibly bipolar with manic spells.

There are plenty of types who are going to by his book, not least #ProperFootballMen, #Geezers, all the #Well'ard blokes and even the Danny Dyer fanbase.

It's a right crowd of shithousery

I don't particularly mind him. He's made mistakes, and has a gob on him, but he's far lower on the cunt scale than people like Paul Merson, Sol Campbell and Thierry Henry.

Not just because they're Arsecunts, but just because I don't find him outwardly offensive. I suspect he's carrying scars from his upbringing, and is possibly bipolar with manic spells.

Canal Digital covered a QPR game some time ago (I think) vs. Spurs, and in the pre-match coverage they ran a 10 min interview, where pundit Mikkel Bischoff interview Barton. That was a clever move, because the two of them were together in the Man City development squad before Bischoffs career went rigobert(song).

Barton was quite reflective of himself (then) and how he and MB had different values, upbringings and mannerisms. He recalled scything down the likes of MB and other dev. players in training and verbally, but mostly because he was young and insecure yet oblivious to their superior talent even then. It was a survival strategy. He even reflected on his playing style, and the reason he's kept it for the reason, that while he may utilised is as a survival strategy as a kid, he realised it worked to a degree even as a senior player. He was basically an open book to the camera and very compassionate to the fact, that MB had his career ended by injuries.

While this doesn't explain his off pitch antics, it gave an impression of a human being, who is very selfaware and plays his act quite conciously.

I'll let be to others to decide, whether that is a compliment to him or nor.

The bloke is a shambles.
I bought his book.
The writer tries too hard. You can tell Joey took an interest in the writing, which is a shame.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom