Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst Foyth is a better footballer than Skipp - I'd rather just give him minutes in DM.

Foyth definitely needs more game time though. Wouldn't be against him at right back just to get minutes under his belt.

Still think he's better than Sanchez overall and in terms of potential.
Disagree totally, Sanchez right now has shown more to be first choice.

If Foyth can concentrate then a great partner but no where near taking his place

Mou seems to be impressed with Foyth after Bayern though. I expect to see him more in the future. If he's not replacing Sanchez, he can be replace Aurier. He's a better defender than Aurier.
And he was really good before he got injured. I remember him shutting down Sterling last year, playing as a RB.

Mou seems to be impressed with Foyth after Bayern though. I expect to see him more in the future. If he's not replacing Sanchez, he can be replace Aurier. He's a better defender than Aurier.
And he was really good before he got injured. I remember him shutting down Sterling last year as RB.

For me Foyth has a wonderful future as a CB. Talent like his should be central but ultimately I trust he will end up where he is supposed to. You can't let a talent like his go to waste and Jose has seen enough class down the years to know a good one from a bad one. He's 21, I fully expect him to go onto become a genuine star in the game. Oozes all the skills you crave in a footballer he just needs to become a little more streetwise that's all.

For me Foyth has a wonderful future as a CB. Talent like his should be central but ultimately I trust he will end up where he is supposed to. You can't let a talent like his go to waste and Jose has seen enough class down the years to know a good one from a bad one. He's 21, I fully expect him to go onto become a genuine star in the game. Oozes all the skills you crave in a footballer he just needs to become a little more streetwise that's all.
Bit of Pique about him-could be a brilliant ball playing cb in time, fingers crossed it'll be with us.

Bit of Pique about him-could be a brilliant ball playing cb in time, fingers crossed it'll be with us.
Good shout that. When people have mentioned his possible reinvention as a defensive midfielder the player from the past that came to my mind was his countryman Fernando Redondo. If he grew to be only half as good as El Príncipe then we'd have some player

69bfdec9d79d5fe76a581093215b818a.jpg

The Athletic are reporting that he wants a transfer in January if he doesn't see more playing time.

Hopefully he has shown Jose enough to get more opportunities. We shouldn't be losing young talents due to a lack of playing time, it's the clapped out players like Wanyama and Rose who should be in that position.

If he doesn't get more playing time he needs a loan over the spring half of the season to develop. A club like Palace would fit well. Then he comes back in the summer with half a season under his belt and should be able to partner with Sanchez decently.

The Athletic are reporting that he wants a transfer in January if he doesn't see more playing time.

Hopefully he has shown Jose enough to get more opportunities. We shouldn't be losing young talents due to a lack of playing time, it's the clapped out players like Wanyama and Rose who should be in that position.
The report says he wants a loan, not a transfer

Remember his first video I saw and was like “already better than Dier In the middle”.

Can’t believe it hasn’t been toyed with yet. He is technically sound, I have to think the hesitancy is because of his rash decisions. Sometimes he has brain farts and the middle of the park can bite you quick. That being said, he can’t be any worse than Dier.

Foyth's biggest weakness I feel is that he is prone to brainfart tackles which can give a penalty away. Putting him in DM will somewhat mitigate that.

His control and on the ball skills are fantastic. I love that he doesn't mind running with the ball and taking a man on and will mean less heart attacks for us if he does it in DM than CB. Love him and love Dier but Dier has nowhere near as much talent.

I know the Premier league can be a tough unforgiving place but it seems strange that he has played more times this season for Argentina than in an underperforming Spurs side. Surely a place can be found for him somewhere

Time to give him a run at DM, what have we got to lose at this point. Our midfield is failing and Dier is finished.

Let Jose earn his money and mold this boy in to the midfielder he wants, it’s not like he doesn’t have the attributes.

He will make mistakes at first but all our other defensive midfielders make mistakes anyway so what’s the difference?

The talent is there but not the application.
I think JM will learn him up.
I actually think he is one who probably feared Jose arrival because he felt safe under Poch's patronage. However I expect the reverse to happen he will now get a boot up the ass with the occasional cuddle, that ratio under Poch was wrong. It has done Foyth and KWP (who by all accounts are a couple of perfect son in law) types more harm than good. They both need tough love. There is a first class player in both Foyth give game time to, KWP loan to Palace or Sheffield United ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom