Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd have to assume that even if we sign him he wouldn't get much first team minutes this season.

Depends if we are moving towards a back 3 more often, Wimmer goes and CCV is loaned out then we have 4 for 3 positions and Dier to cover all defensive positions including FB and DM.

Depends if we are moving towards a back 3 more often, Wimmer goes and CCV is loaned out then we have 4 for 3 positions and Dier to cover all defensive positions including FB and DM.
Dier and Davies both can play in the middle in a back 3 (as can Wanyama if we really need it). Foyth is coming in to a new country, a much higher level league, looks like he still needs to bulk up a bit and is 19(!). It's a huge ask to think he'll be ready to contribute on any level with the senior team this season.

I'd think we'd take our time with him especially with Sanchez having been signed.

I'm all for this.

Fuck Wimmer off and get in a cultured centre half who can learn from Vertonghen and the bulldozing Sanchez who can learn from Alderweireld. The perfect four.

If we sign him, would he eventually count as home grown if he stays with us for a while?

Alas, no.

A Home Grown Player, as defined by the Premier League, is a player who: (a) is 21 or older on January 1 of the year in which that season begins; and (b) spent three years between the ages of 16 and 21 with a team in the English football League system.

Back
Top Bottom