Julian Nagelsmann

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It'll be interesting too see how they do at OT tonight. I fully expect Leipzig to crush United, but then I thought PSG would do the same.

Interesting article here - where's he off to? City, United, Chelsea?

If he has the choice I think City is by far the best option. I would want no part of Abramovich if I were him at this point in his career. I think Chelsea is fine for guys like Conte, Sarri, Jose who are established and can easily get a job when Roman tires of them after a year, but with all the shine Nagelsmann has on him now I would want to look at maxmizing it rather than risking losing some of that shine when Roman fires you on a whim, even if it isn't his fault.

It'll be interesting too see how they do at OT tonight. I fully expect Leipzig to crush United, but then I thought PSG would do the same.

Interesting article here - where's he off to? City, United, Chelsea?

Is this an intentionally misleading headline?

Google not bringing up any legit "quit" stories.

Isn’t that the same guy who said Kane would go to Munich?
Yep.

They do like to box themselves into corners don't they?

The Kane thing is genuine but in that 100% they (Bayern) want him, so he does the tapping up for them.

Nagelsmann will not go to us unless or until we can satisfy him of our DoF set-up, so much of this is just hot air and click-baiting.

Not having a DoF right now is a massive opportunity for us because if we are smart (loooooool) we can approach him and tailor-make an environment that he wants, and that he's comfortable with. "What DoF do you want to work with". "If we appoint him would you work at Tottenham".

I said this when the news broke that he had been fired, I stand by this even more strongly now that he taken one look at Chavs and seen they are in shit

Yep.

The Kane thing is genuine but in that 100% they (Bayern) want him, so he does the tapping up for them.

Nagelsmann will not go to us unless or until we can satisfy him of our DoF set-up, so much of this is just hot air and click-baiting.

Not having a DoF right now is a massive opportunity for us because if we are smart (loooooool) we can approach him and tailor-make an environment that he wants, and that he's comfortable with. "What DoF do you want to work with". "If we appoint him would you work at Tottenham".

I said this when the news broke that he had been fired, I stand by this even more strongly now that he taken one look at Chavs and seen they are in shit

Levy always had a hard-on for Nagelsmann and it was just so flukey that the day Paratici knew for sure, the Chavs deal fell through.

If Levy really does want this guy, this is the window to do it.

Not saying he will do it, but it's there.

btw How in the fuck do you come up with a song for Nagelsmann?
Maybe just use Julian instead.

Yep.

Wonder if Rangnick can be persuaded to leave the Austria job for a DoF role with us. They worked together as manager and DoF at RB.

Interesting video on their tactics

Last edited:
Wonder if Rangnick can be persuaded to leave the Austria job for a DoF role with us. They worked together as manager and DoF at RB.

Interesting video on their tactics

Yep, this is my view too. I've no idea if he's happy with the international job but there are so many his age that doesn't like working almost part-time, they want to smell the grass every day so to speak.

But what a win it would be, or at least one that negates so many risks involved when appointing DoF and Manager/Head Coach.

Assuming there was no historical fallout that I am unaware of, they know each other, have worked extremely well together (I believe Rangnick loved him when he first appointed him). Most importantly both are associated with the same philosophy of how to play, Rangnick is well known for finding the right profile of players required.

Maybe I'm living in dreamland, but honestly, this is staring us in the face. A blank canvas for the two of them to paint on at a Club that will have money to spend. That potentially already has a crop of great young players that weren't given the chance under Conte.

I adore Poch and would welcome him back in a heartbeat but today, right now at this moment in time I would take Nagelsmann over him, as too Di Zerbi. The biggest reason for this is we absolutely 100% need a DoF in place, one that owns and nurtures a philosophy. Poch's record of working with DoF's is poor and without one his recruitment is highly suspect. We need a time of stability across all our football operations from the academy to 1st team, end this cycle of with every hire and fire we jump 180 degrees in direction of our style of play.

Yep, this is my view too. I've no idea if he's happy with the international job but there are so many his age that doesn't like working almost part-time, they want to smell the grass every day so to speak.

But what a win it would be, or at least one that negates so many risks involved when appointing DoF and Manager/Head Coach.

Assuming there was no historical fallout that I am unaware of, they know each other, have worked extremely well together (I believe Rangnick loved him when he first appointed him). Most importantly both are associated with the same philosophy of how to play, Rangnick is well known for finding the right profile of players required.

Maybe I'm living in dreamland, but honestly, this is staring us in the face. A blank canvas for the two of them to paint on at a Club that will have money to spend. That potentially already has a crop of great young players that weren't given the chance under Conte.

I adore Poch and would welcome him back in a heartbeat but today, right now at this moment in time I would take Nagelsmann over him, as too Di Zerbi. The biggest reason for this is we absolutely 100% need a DoF in place, one that owns and nurtures a philosophy. Poch's record of working with DoF's is poor and without one his recruitment is highly suspect. We need a time of stability across all our football operations from the academy to 1st team, end this cycle of with every hire and fire we jump 180 degrees in direction of our style of play.

Go full steam on it...... Pitch it to them both as a combo...... As you say; it's staring us in the face.

The worst that can happen is that they say "no" and we move on.

For me, the most important thing is that we have a new manager who gives a shit and I'm not exactly getting TTID vibes from Nagelsmann. If the manager doesn't care, we'll be no better off than we were with Conte.

Levy always had a hard-on for Nagelsmann and it was just so

"And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh, no, no, no
I'm Julian Nagelsmann...
Nagelsmann,
burning out his fuse up here alone..."

"And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh, no, no, no
I'm Julian Nagelsmann...
Nagelsmann,
burning out his fuse up here alone..."
Fuck me , I wondered where you were going with that , love it

If he has a bad start and the pressure is on we can switch to

Stand by Nagelsmann
Give him two games to change it
a stadium warm to come to
when the boardroom’s cold and lonely

Levy always had a hard-on for Nagelsmann and it was just so flukey that the day Paratici knew for sure, the Chavs deal fell through.

If Levy really does want this guy, this is the window to do it.

Not saying he will do it, but it's there.

I hate chanting songs for new managers. I always feel they need to actually do something first before we give them a song.

Back
Top Bottom