Jurgen Klinsmann

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fantastic player, just wished his words had matched his commitment

He arrived at the end of his career but gave us some great moments of brilliance but he no more deserves a thread of his own than Edgar Davids does; great in their day but no way Tottenham legends ☝

One of my favorite away game ever just love being in the spurs end at the end

1985 is the more memorable one for me at Anfield; first win there in over 70 years ( Crooks) 0:1 and the Islington lot went out of the cup at York City the day before. 🍺

I was only 15 then couldnt get away for that one. Ithink i was in Ireland then anyway. But agree would of loved to been there

We only had the old corner bit and a few rows of seats to the side.. nothing like the numbers at the cup game but much more memorable IMO. ☝️

One of my favorite away game ever just love being in the spurs end at the end
1985 is the more memorable one for me at Anfield; first win there in over 70 years ( Crooks) 0:1 and the Islington lot went out of the cup at York City the day before. 🍺
Both games were brilliant tbf.
I'm in the 'felt completely let down by him' camp. I wouldn't regard him as a legend, albeit he gave us some memorable moments. He used us to get fit when he returned, but I do grudgingly accept that he gave us a boost which probably saved us from relegation.
If he had fulfilled his two year contract, I'd feel differently.

Last edited:
Both were brilliant tbf. I'm in the 'felt completely let down by him' camp. I wouldn't regard him as a legend, albeit he gave us some memorable moments. He used us to get fit when he returned, but I do grudgingly accept that he gave us a boost which probably saved us from relegation.
If he had fulfilled his two year contract, I'd feel differently.

Jurgen is without a doubt a footballing legend- up there with the best.... but not a Spurs legend IMO.

Maybe I'm just the right age for it but definitely a legend for me. Wasn't at end of his career when he joined us either. Was basically one of the hottest players in the world during USA 94?! Remember finding out about it from the back page of a tabloid that someone else was reading. Different era. The link ups with Sheringham that season were phenomenal at times.

Maybe I'm just the right age for it but definitely a legend for me. Wasn't at end of his career when he joined us either. Was basically one of the hottest players in the world during USA 94?! Remember finding out about it from the back page of a tabloid that someone else was reading. Different era. The link ups with Sheringham that season were phenomenal at times.

True: Jurgen and Teddy was as good as Cascarino and Teddy - at times better 👍

Back
Top Bottom