Kane and Son

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where the fuck are they when it comes to the nitty gritty. Missing. Great that they score against Norwich and Everton in the 10th or 20th game of the season but when you get to now and performances and results are the most important of the season and the pressure is on where the fuck are they.

I don't think it's fair to say they just score against crap teams. They have both been inconsistent at times in their careers but it is not down to the opposition. If they played good against bad teams, the last two games they would have been great.

The whole team hit a wall the past two games, that is why my criticism goes toward the coaching staff. If you have all XI players looking like shit for 180 minutes, you have to look at the tactics, formation, subs, etc.

It's daft to blame them when they hardly ever got the ball in dangerous areas in the last two games. As a team we have failed to react to opponents who sit deep and suffocate the space. We move the ball slowly, we don't play risky passes, we don't commit extra players to attack, etc. This is where other players have to step up.

If Kane, Deki and Son are being smothered by the opponent then someone else needs to do something. Kane often had 3 players on him yesterday but did a team-mate take advantage of that and take responsibility himself? No. As a team we defer to them even when they are not in the game, which is not right. We need to demand goals and assists from more than just those three players. Sometimes you need to nick a goal from a corner, a direct free kick, a long shot, a cheap penalty, something different. That's what I see Liverpool, City and Chelsea do.

The reality is that as on overall team we have major gaps in our ability to score. We can score on the counter-attack and that's pretty much it. If the opponent sits deep and doesn't make a mistake we cannot score. We've seen it against Burnley, Brentford and Brighton. We saw it against Watford to except that time Davinson scored in the last second from a corner. We don't have enough moments like that.

Our problem has always been our midfield

Simple as that

Bentancur has been decent enough but he doesn’t transform the midfield into something even vaguely creative

The less said about Hoijberg the better

It's a bit of both in response to the opening post.

As a team we need to maximise what Kane and Son give us but equally both need to be the difference-makers.

But whilst people run to their defence, never have either taken us over the line in key games, whicg was also the case ehen we did have a much stronger and more able midfield.

Our remaining games are critical and key. Neither will step up.

Neither is going to find that magic touch would be my observation.

Where the fuck are they when it comes to the nitty gritty. Missing. Great that they score against Norwich and Everton in the 10th or 20th game of the season but when you get to now and performances and results are the most important of the season and the pressure is on where the fuck are they.
I think it's the lack of creativity in the midfield we should be digging out, not the forwards. Our midfield is shite,

They've got great link up but both are so useless defensively, both terrible when it comes to physicality, ball retention, dribbling.

Son is, and has always been a limited and streaky player. Kane is the really pissing me off.

It's daft to blame them when they hardly ever got the ball in dangerous areas in the last two games. As a team we have failed to react to opponents who sit deep and suffocate the space. We move the ball slowly, we don't play risky passes, we don't commit extra players to attack, etc. This is where other players have to step up.

If Kane, Deki and Son are being smothered by the opponent then someone else needs to do something. Kane often had 3 players on him yesterday but did a team-mate take advantage of that and take responsibility himself? No. As a team we defer to them even when they are not in the game, which is not right. We need to demand goals and assists from more than just those three players. Sometimes you need to nick a goal from a corner, a direct free kick, a long shot, a cheap penalty, something different. That's what I see Liverpool, City and Chelsea do.

The reality is that as on overall team we have major gaps in our ability to score. We can score on the counter-attack and that's pretty much it. If the opponent sits deep and doesn't make a mistake we cannot score. We've seen it against Burnley, Brentford and Brighton. We saw it against Watford to except that time Davinson scored in the last second from a corner. We don't have enough moments like that.
They've had the ball at times and done absolutely nothing with it. Kane can't trap a bag of cement right now and son just 1 touch passes all the time. I'll give you at times the service is lacking but on the ball They've been utterly ineffective.

They've had the ball at times and done absolutely nothing with it. Kane can't trap a bag of cement right now and son just 1 touch passes all the time. I'll give you at times the service is lacking but on the ball They've been utterly ineffective.

Of course they can do better, especially Kane who has not adjusted at all to the (surely not surprising) tactic of opponents not allowing him to turn on the ball. But they have carried us all season and you cannot expect them to play well and win us the matches every single time. Who is stepping up and demanding the ball when they see our match winners struggling? Only Hojbjerg is trying to make things happen.

Yes, Kane carried us from September to December with his 2 league goals in 15 or so apps
Was wondering how long it would take you to see this thread.

200.gif

Both came up with strong performances
after tough first halves vs Newcastle/Villa. Both brilliant vs West Ham. Kane with one of the performances of the season away from home vs Man City. They're not beyond criticism, but our squad is very mid-table outside of Kane, Son, Romero. The same cannot be said of Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

De Bruyne, Mane, Salah, Foden don't light up every game they play.. their teammates help them to play with tempo, dominate games. The four in our 3-4-3 is miles and miles from this level. Not athletically, technically or mentally close. Bergwijn is our only international calibre sub. Anything we have resembling a creative midfielder is on loan abroad.

Kane often had 3 players on him yesterday but did a team-mate take advantage of that and take responsibility himself?

Kane was surrounded at times because either he was slow getting rid of the ball or they were too quick. Kane also lost many possessions just by one defender. But like you said and I would agree this is a team sport in a untra competitive league and every player in their positions need to pull their weight and needs to do every little things to make the difference and try crack the opponents anyway we could but that is not wha5s happening in our team particularly in the two positions in wingbacks.

So in a way it's like we are on two red cards when attacking lol. We are even narrower when they park it because of the severe lack of quality on both ends and so on.

That's what I see and could tell you without micro analyzing the game of which is not what I am here for. Anyway I think we still have a chance. I don't understand why the goons keep winning but they could easily lose the next game which is Westham?

In a couple of years when these two are no longer here or past their prime then we all will see the reality of how shit we are.

Fear not. We will still have the Bergwijn/Lucas partnership that will cement 10th place for us with their 3 goals and 6 assists.

Our problem has always been our midfield

Simple as that

Bentancur has been decent enough but he doesn’t transform the midfield into something even vaguely creative

The less said about Hoijberg the better
Mate people dont want to hear it about Hojbjerg, it's about as popular as Kurt Zuma. There is a Two and a bit year corollary between our lack of control in midfield and poor retention and breaking down oponents...its not all on Harry Winks.

Back
Top Bottom