Kane first, Enic first, Club first

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who comes first

• Total voters
Its always been the club - not the players.

The owners don;t really matter in a sense - but there are really bad ones out there, either using football as a front to show themselves as nice guys to cover up things like human rigts abuses etc (we all know a couple in PL who do that) or suck monies out of the clubs by various means (Glazers borrow money, add on a few % and lend onto ManU, take out dividends etc), make really poor decisions at the club so it goes downhill (Kroenke/Woolwich) etc. So over a 20 year period ENIC have pulled us up from bottom 25% of PL much higher, although its not been without a few very dodgy decisions (eg Martrin Jol sacking to be replaced by Juande Ramos).

But on today's tussle, owners protect the club against the player - an agent texted Sky with 'Levy 1 - Kane'

So its got to be (1) Club ......... then a long gap befpre (2) enic, (3) players

Last edited:
Tbh, the majority will say "club" but what constitutes being best for the club is what we spend day after day bickering about on here.

In general: Football comes first, then the players who play football, then the club that facilitates for the players, then the owner that manages the club, then the fans who love football, who support players, who back the club, and lastly, plastic shit fans who demand trophies, who boo the players they are supposed to support, who spend hours arguing how shit the players they are supposed to support are.

If you adding fans then it’s fans by a country mile. The club of Wimbledon took off and went to Milton Keynes, the fans of Wimbledon told the club to go fuck itself and built a new club called AFC Wimbledon, the fans get shat on but when everything falls apart all that is left is us, every last one of us cunts.

The club Tottenham is White Hart Lane, ENIC is Joe Lewis and Levy, Kane is a World Class striker and a bit on the stupid side. All of that can burn to the ground and the fans would build the club back up starting in the lower leagues.

Fans>Club>everything else

If you adding fans then it’s fans by a country mile. The club of Wimbledon took off and went to Milton Keynes, the fans of Wimbledon told the club to go fuck itself and built a new club called AFC Wimbledon, the fans get shat on but when everything falls apart all that is left is us, every last one of us cunts.

The club Tottenham is White Hart Lane, ENIC is Joe Lewis and Levy, Kane is a World Class striker and a bit on the stupid side. All of that can burn to the ground and the fans would build the club back up starting in the lower leagues.

Fans>Club>everything else

All the fans could perish in a ball of fire, and new fans would emerge. The ego of fans thinking they are important baffles me. You are there because you are spectators, bystanders, you simply buy a product.

All the fans could perish in a ball of fire, and new fans would emerge. The ego of fans thinking they are important baffles me. You are there because you are spectators, bystanders, you simply buy a product.

If Tottenham Hotspur FC got moved to Miami (wouldn’t happen I know) you think anyone on this forum would support them. We’d set up a new entity and that would be the new club. So yes we matter although not as much in monetary terms these days.

If Tottenham Hotspur FC got moved to Miami (wouldn’t happen I know) you think anyone on this forum would support them. We’d set up a new entity and that would be the new club. So yes we matter although not as much in monetary terms these days.
What does that prove?

If a club had moved to another city, sure they would lose some old fans, but they would gain new ones. The club would still live on, the players would still remain, the football be the same, the economy would probably be expected to improve over time (or else the move would not have happened), etc. If your argument proves anything, it is that fans comes and goes and does not matter much at all. (It has to be said though, that good fans who actually suppprt a team can lift said team's performances, whereas e.g. gooner fans can have the opposite effect on their team)

What does that prove?

If a club had moved to another city, sure they would lose some old fans, but they would gain new ones. The club would still live on, the players would still remain, the football be the same, the economy would probably be expected to improve over time (or else the move would not have happened), etc. If your argument proves anything, it is that fans comes and goes and does not matter much at all. (It has to be said though, that good fans who actually suppprt a team can lift said team's performances, whereas e.g. gooner fans can have the opposite effect on their team)

Yeh but that is a different argument. This thread was based on an original thread saying essentially who do you back more Kane or ENIC (before Kane threw his toys out of the pram). Then some other posters said well I back the club more. It’s not about who is richer or who is more important to win things.

If that was the case I would vote owner. You could have a club with no fans and spend billions to win things as City and Chelsea have shown. The individual club isn’t even that important as the owner could sell that one and buy another.

Our owner could fuck off, our current club could move to Newcastle and the players leave. Spurs fans would like Wimbledon fans build a new club for all true Spurs fans to follow, it would be shit for years grinding our way up leagues. I lived in Tottenham for the first 4 years of my life, we have had different owners, new foreign fans support us (great by the way) and many other things but if everything ended all there would be left is the fans and that is it but that would be enough to start again even from the bottom.

That is why I would back the fans first, they wouldn’t ever move us to Birmingham or where ever else. They would make sure there is always a Tottenham and that is who I support.

Handy for Kane though.

Club and supporters run neck and neck, they need each other. Players and owners come and go. Lockdowns have shown how soulless football is without supporters.

Back
Top Bottom