Kane: What Is Your Take?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What Was Kane's Best Year?

• 2016-2017

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 2017-2018

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 2020-2021

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still Don't Think We Have Seen His Best

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
The thread is simple. The question follows and was brought up publically by WindyCOYS WindyCOYS and his podcast bud's in their most recent episode of TEI. This is the first time I have heard it put out there in a public manner at least, so don't shoot me if I am late to this topic. :)

This is a topic I have been playing around with for a while now and am glad it has been brought up so that we can discuss it as a wider contingent of Kane fluffers.

Q: What is Kane's better role? How do you view the evolution of Kane? How do you want to see him deployed?

Is he a CF like we saw him in those years under Sherwood and Poch?

Or

Is he a better 10/9 hybrid that we see under Jose?

I will leave my take out of this until I see others participate in the discussion.

Edit:

After Reviewing the first couple of responses, I edited the question a bit in the main post, not the poll as that is too hard to reflect.

Last edited:
As a footballer he has continued to improve and his all round game is class but the team plays like shit. He will probably be bought in the summer and I won’t blame him for going.

Not necessarily very helpful to deciding which one but I think he's incredible at both positions.

To me it feels like we're currently playing a system that relies on a bit of magic and he's one of the only ones that can produce that. No point him going back to being a CF unless we can get the ball into the box. Basically I feel his role has changed because of our lack of creativity

Gonna say the 10/9 hybrid he is now, he’s matured and improved so much as a player in this role. It also allows him to get more involved in general play and build up, which can only be a good thing as he is our stand out performer across all areas these days...unfortunately all of the above will be lost when he’s at city next year because I don’t see a scenario where he stays after the recent shitshow(s)
Also, I don’t give Jose any credit for this transformation...Kane is a big enough boy to work shit out on his own.

If he plays as a CF that’s 30 goals plus a season that’s a starting point for me.

to answer the poll can you add this
still don’t think weve seen the best

The thread is simple. The question follows and was brought up publically by WindyCOYS WindyCOYS and his podcast bud's in their most recent episode of TEI. This is the first time I have heard it put out there in a public manner at least, so don't shoot me if I am late to this topic. :)

This is a topic I have been playing around with for a while now and am glad it has been brought up so that we can discuss it as a wider contingent of Kane fluffers.

Q: What is Kane's better role? How do you view the evolution of Kane? How do you want to see him deployed?

Is he a CF like we saw him in those years under Sherwood and Poch?

Or

Is he a better 10/9 hybrid that we see under Jose?

I will leave my take out of this until I see others participate in the discussion.

Edit:

After Reviewing the first couple of responses, I edited the question a bit in the main post, not the poll as that is too hard to reflect.

Constantly improved over the years.

Maybe due to hectic schedule this season its been better not to play as a pure no 9 now (just too much energy required) but he's good enough to play the 9/10 complete hybrid role.

Great news is he can change his play to accommodate a partner playing to their strengths, whilst playing well himself as he's an excellent rounder and able to score/assist from many positions. Very few players in the world can do that.

Our best player over the last 5 years but no 1 player can just carry a team. Not in modern football anyway.

He's been overplayed and we've basically relied on him and Son for most of the last 18 months to bail us out. That's not his fault, it's down to the manager and the club's woeful squad management over the last few years.

Makes me sad to admit but we haven't seen him at his best because he's been held back by spurs.

He is better now than he was during peak Poch. Put him now on a team like that, or a team like city this year, or a Juventus, and he would cement his place as the best striker in the world. I say this because Lewa is as good as he is while playing for Bayern.

Back
Top Bottom